• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hypia - Discussion

axas

Reaction score
logo_header_BEST.png

what_is_hypia.png

Hypia is a unique evolution server, that's meant to be a fun server with amazing quests, great pvp and many custom features. Our aim is to have content for players that would last for months. We got a unique addon and mount system that encourages players to get all of the outfits and mounts, with all of our custom systems all quests will give meaningful rewards. We're aiming for players to be around level 400-600 and there will be quests and content all the way from level 1 to level 1000.

showcase.png

Hypia is currently offline and in development.

map.png

The city is based on Enigma city, the main city from the evolution map. Everything outside that is made by us and some pieces have been taken from previous released maps but those pieces have all been adjusted to fit into a fun type server. There are teleports to all spawns and quests but you can also run from our temple to anywhere on the map - everything is connected. You will also be finding task npcs, special statues and other stuff in spawns to make them more interesting.
meep.png

(This is just the showcase of the minimap of all the finished stuff, there are a lot of zones that are not yet finished. We still have lots of areas that aren't included in the minimap, so the map will be huge once it is completed)

moounts.png

In hypia you get bonuses depending on how many mounts you have unlocked. This means that having all the mounts will make you much more powerful than a player with just a few mounts. You can use !mounts to see which bonuses they currently give you.

atk_heal_bonus.png

You can get attack/heal bonus from quests/tasks/mounts/bosses, the attack bonus multiplies all your damage. For example if your exori usually deals 1000 damage, with 10% attack bonus it would deal 1100 damage. The heal bonus also works the same way.
exori.png

dodge.png

In some of our quests you can get dodge chance, this gives you a percent chance to dodge spells and attacks.
SqmSyrX.png

hiscores.png

We have highscores for almost everything - mounts, quests, outfits, attack bonus, events won and much more is going to be added. This means players can compete in other different ways than just levels.

spells.png

We have removed the cooldown system completely. The spells work like in 8.6 where every spell has the same exhaust - we have also changed all the spell effects and adjusted their damage to make them balanced.

Untitled_8.png

Other than that, we'll have what most fun type servers have, there will be new items, monsters and spells for players to experience.

We would love to hear your opinions and we would also love to hear what you would like to see in Hypia! We're planning to get the server online and ready in the upcoming months. We're planning to use the client 10.41 but we could also try to use the newest client if there's a high demand for it. Would you like it to be pvp or perhaps pvp-e? Suggest anything you'd like - this is your chance to make a server where you would like to play
!
signature.png

Looks dope, just too bad the owner of this server seems to have really been inspired by Ascalon-World :/ Wouldnt mind seeing a lil more unique'ness

It's fine you can go play some generic RL-map instead. I'll rather try this

Looks dope, just too bad the owner of this server seems to have really been inspired by Ascalon-World :/ Wouldnt mind seeing a lil more unique'ness
All of the developers are in fact huge fans of fare's servers. The aim of this project is to combine all the best there is in Open Tibia to one amazingly fun server. This thread also serves as a radar to see which direction people want to see the server going. What sort of unique features they want to see? Every suggestion will be considered, and perhaps - implemented. Thank you for the feedback :)
Looks quite interesting for an evo server, I'll definitely try it out
Nice Work ;)
Even though it's based off of Evo, I feel like this could be a truly customized Evo unlike the other carbon copies. Way to go, we need more custom servers, whatever they may be based on.
Thank you guys! This definitely brings up the motivational levels. Shadowsong, I can only agree. Been a fan of your creations since the earliest "Shiva" works as well :)

looks cool :) how will u counteract botting?
good luck
We will have a strict policy against botters, and they will not be overlooked.

This looks really good - more screenshots please! :D

Could you preferable show some screenshots of the spells? I'm very curious what you did to them and what they look like now.

For the spells it was mostly minor enhancements - e.g. when casting Exura you will have holy bolts healing you instead of just a magic effect and spells like Exori will send out a projectile of your weapon in every direction.
More importantly we adjusted all of the spell formulas so they better fit the server's concept by making levels have a bigger role in the spell damage, also meaning that there's more reason to keep progressing further.
massan.png

I have to say that I do hate Evolution servers, but this surely is something different! It's like Evolution 2.0! Something new for once.
I very much like that you have the outfit/mount and bonus system inspired from Ascalon.
With the outfit/mount system it encourages you to try and get as many as possible which gives you something to do, and it also creates a bit of an economy for those players who like to buy/sell addon items.
The attack/heal bonus you have is awesome because unlike Ascalon you actually show the bonus separately which is a nice visual to see.
I just hope there will be a HUGE amount of custom items, monsters, spells etc.. hopefully nothing seen from previous Evolutions but instead new creativity.
Just make sure you have more than enough content for players. You need to consider that there will be those who will play 24/7 and rush through content.

I have to say that I do hate Evolution servers, but this surely is something different! It's like Evolution 2.0! Something new for once.
I very much like that you have the outfit/mount and bonus system inspired from Ascalon.
With the outfit/mount system it encourages you to try and get as many as possible which gives you something to do, and it also creates a bit of an economy for those players who like to buy/sell addon items.
The attack/heal bonus you have is awesome because unlike Ascalon you actually show the bonus separately which is a nice visual to see.
I just hope there will be a HUGE amount of custom items, monsters, spells etc.. hopefully nothing seen from previous Evolutions but instead new creativity.
Just make sure you have more than enough content for players. You need to consider that there will be those who will play 24/7 and rush through content.
Alan, the man who asks the correct questions.

Hello, OTLAND!

Here we are, with a small update to let you guys know how the things are going on :)
We have finally completed all the systems mentioned in the first post, also, most of the low level content has been finished - there's tons of quests, missions and tasks available for the earlier levels and we'll be working on balancing that out, and of course, higher level stuff in the upcoming days.

OVWJsNz.png

Zurk's and Arak's - two of our many custom monsters

Two new systems!
We reveal two yet unpresented systems.

Skill point system

Every 50 levels you will get a skill point, which it is up to you how you want to spend it - ranging in additional attack bonus/dodge chance/healing bonus/enrage chance/max skills/max hp/max mana (so far). This gives players a chance to customize their characters the way they want. This way every character is unique and with different builds it would be possible to go for many different roles. Are you a damage dealer or a tank?

Enrage system

Every time damage is dealt to your character, there is a small chance for it to become enraged for a short period of time. Currently the enrage only gives you a significant boost to all of your skills, but we are planning on ways to make it more interesting - nice magic animations (for eye candy) and attack bonus boost etc. This is where you guys can help us with your input :)
Ability to higher up your chances for becoming enraged will most likely be available to be obtained in quests.

88nUvfe.png

One of the new quests that contain Stone Giants and Scorpion Warriors, two new creatures with their own, unique spells.

DGRqmo0.png

Did Gregor survive to Energy Golems? Ooh scary!

mbN-4zEg7.png

A showcase from today's testing.

A lot of testing has been done, and a lot more to follow. Balancing the server to be equally fun for everyone is one of our aims. We have added new spells and a bunch of custom monsters since our previous update. It is not everything that we show, but eventually you will be able to experience everything yourself ;) Keep in touch!
signature.png

Back