• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hypia - Discussion

Oh lol didn't know you worked on this, I just thought it was ur guild name on Archlight xD.

Regarding your last comment, I love custom vocs so I'm all for it! Sounds great. Just try to make them suited for Tibia (A grindy game, if thats how ur server is going to be ofc :p). Not too complicated & weak in solo hunt, just like some vocs in Archlight atm. GL :D

Following this project allong with Ascalon and printer's pokémon style project, those 3 are in the race for me :D

We've already run the test it was mostly to get some video footage and screenshots, we'll be running a public test again next month where you'll be free to play the server as you like. I'll be updating the thread with screenshots, new spells, new minimap amongst other things today!

Last edited:
Screenshots from todays testing!
maIHvfsHQ.png

A couple of our custom spells:
Exori mas ico throws a bouncing axe on the target that hits monsters 2 squares around you.
UNZeL-4C2.gif

Exori mas con shoots an arrow at the target which splits onto monsters 3 squares around the target.
s-Oyn1uTE.gif

Exori gran con rapidly throw a ton of assassin stars at the target.
pMdlzylx.gif

Exori mas san/mort deals damage around the target.
Do0xc5_DP.gif

Item upgrade system (thanks to @whitevo):
nqef8PxxS.png

latest
adds a random attribute onto the item, you can upgrade that attribute a maximum of 5 times.
latest
rerolls the random attribute that the ice crystal added onto the upgraded item.
latest
upgrades the items attack/defense/armor by 5%, you can upgrade an item 10 times with this item.

and remember to comment, and tell us what you'd like to see added or if you would just be interested in testing the server​

Last edited:
Was fun to test it! Anyway if knight is tank based maybe you could add more attack speed for him instead of adding more spells. Apart of this, in pvp knight are in disvantage because if a paladin or a druid runs and they are faster than the knight, the knight wont hit them. For the last maybe the dodge and the rest of attributed i think they might be obtained by doing something different, not quest. Something like a attribute system. You win x points each time you reach each amount of lvls and you add it to the attributes. Also add another way to obtain these attributes thought the weapons/upgrades like (+3 skill/+5% dodge/lifeteal) (maybe it is implemented and I dont know it but might be good).

About the map its great keep it up.
I would like to see customs vocs, world bosses, raids, daily things to do, a lot of spells to keep grinding and maybe a task system which helps you to grind in gear attributes/level.

For the last maybe the dodge and the rest of attributed i think they might be obtained by doing something different, not quest. Something like a attribute system. You win x points each time you reach each amount of lvls and you add it to the attributes. Also add another way to obtain these attributes thought the weapons/upgrades like (+3 skill/+5% dodge/lifeteal)

You can already upgrade items with skills and dodge (maybe we'll add lifesteal too, thanks for the idea ;)).
An attribute system is already planned, and some work towards it has been done, but it still isn't 100% ready, which is why it wasn't inside the game during the test. Here's a quote from one of our older posts:

Skill point system

Every 50 levels you will get a skill point, which it is up to you how you want to spend it - ranging in additional attack bonus/dodge chance/healing bonus/enrage chance/max skills/max hp/max mana (so far). This gives players a chance to customize their characters the way they want.

And lastly - having additonal bonuses as rewards from quests allows us to give the players meaningful rewards instead of just giving the player some item that he will replace at a later stage.

You can already upgrade items with skills and dodge (maybe we'll add lifesteal too, thanks for the idea ;)).
An attribute system is already planned, and some work towards it has been done, but it still isn't 100% ready, which is why it wasn't inside the game during the test. Here's a quote from one of our older posts:

And lastly - having additonal bonuses as rewards from quests allows us to give the players meaningful rewards instead of just giving the player some item that he will replace at a later stage.

Yeah I noticed but we didn't tested it yesterday thats why i said that but nice one. Keep it and call me again if you need testers again! :)

About the map its great keep it up.
Thank you. We are not professional mappers, and some parts have been also borrowed from the OTLand community, but we try our best and are very pleased with positive comments about it. :)

I would like to see customs vocs, world bosses, raids, daily things to do, a lot of spells to keep grinding and maybe a task system which helps you to grind in gear attributes/level.
Custom vocations are planned, but have not been further discussed yet. We want to ensure enough content before going there.
Raids will be there.
raids.png

As well as lots more custom spells.
Same with bosses. What's the fun in a server without any?

It's a long way left, but slowly we are getting there.

Yeah I noticed but we didn't tested it yesterday thats why i said that but nice one. Keep it and call me again if you need testers again! :)
Alright, we will let you know :)
And thanks again for participating yesterday.

Just tuning in for the first time and I must say this looks great so far! :D

Keep it up guys! :)

Read the whole thread and it looks very interesting. I'd be very interested in joining a beta if it's about to come up.

However, do you have any kind of endgame concept, mostly PvE is what I had in mind?
Something such as dungeons/instances for more attributes or endgame EQ to be able to make it through would be something I personally would love to see. And at least I imagine other players could enjoy it too.

PvP events/arenas for endgame stuff could be interesting too ofc.

Something such as dungeons/instances for more attributes or endgame EQ to be able to make it through would be something I personally would love to see. And at least I imagine other players could enjoy it too.
This is a very interesting aspect of endgame, hard dungeons with nice bossmechanics. Since you also quoted on the beginning of this page, that having a ranking for everything is a nice way of checking other results rather than levels, you can make these dungeons track the speed at which a dungeon has been completed, thus striving for the fastest dungeon time.

Back