• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I made new game out of Tibia

Erikas Kontenis

Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Hello, OTLand,

I am developing TIbia perhaps about 20 years and it is cool that the community is still blooming and there we have amazing open tibia developers still loving the open tibia. Recently when driving a car I thought about idea of making completely new genre out of open tibia resources. And there is something I want to share. I would be keep updating the thread if there would be any of people interested in the project :)

Perhaps the genre could be called online open world, real time strategy game and the most importantly designed for people that have never seen Tibia before. For content inspiration I am quite looking in to many RTS games which I loved to play. The game is very simple and requires at most 30 minutes per day to play but however to be dedicated to play. Let me throw some pictures of what I have done so far.

NwMNTW3.png
There we have pig farm and cereals farm.
qZJRuZx.png
Here is the apple farm.
WxLY44S.png
Here is the wood camp.
7LEubBv.png
Here we have iron mine.
wA8TmO6.png
Here is stone quarry and fishing farm.
7NSCsY2.png
Here is the special tile step in and when you do you collect the resource materials. The idea is that other people may come to your castle/house and try to step in to the resource tiles to thief your resources. That is why you will have to protect your house with walls around it and military buildings.
5ADCaSG.png
Here is example of the most important tool. The item palette. You can drop & drag the items like walls, grounds and buildings from this palette to your house tiles.
Undoubtfully there is too much to think about. Like how the map adapt when new player comes to game and has to have its own house. How the PvP and PvM will do and etc. But all those things would be covered within the next posts.

All in all, and the most importantly, the game does not uses any CipSoft copyrighted materials. The engine is the latest TFS, the client is the latest OTCv8 and almost all the sprites are from the OTSP project. The 99% of the effort probably goes to open tibia community and I would never have done that much myself. So, what do you think about this game?

Looks promising but I miss the most important point, whats the goal and core mechanic?

So pretty much like clash of clans and games like that? That’s not very innovative. I would invest some time planning and scratching new features, new mechanics, new ideas. If you do it right, your project might have some potential :)

Looks promising but I miss the most important point, whats the goal and core mechanic?

So pretty much like clash of clans and games like that? That’s not very innovative. I would invest some time planning and scratching new features, new mechanics, new ideas. If you do it right, your project might have some potential :)

Yo, thank you both for the comments.

The core idea is to defend your castle against other people and at the same time hunt other people castles to steal their resources. Behind of the core idea there are some more:
  • Decorate your house in the way you want. The castle constructing more or less will have no restrictions of how to make your castle the most outstanding in the world.
  • Daily login to collect resources and play some quests in the castle.
  • Grow your level and resource skills to unlock more buildings.
  • Find a guild and chit-chat.

Of course the idea isn't very innovative but the genre I do feels very pleasing to develop for myself so I hope to continue on the ideas I wish to done. However, the game isn't that much similar to like clash of clans because the main mechanic change and it is that clash of clans does not actually have a map and a position of your castle and as well as in the most of the games the client are just drawing the pictures of the buildings. Here we will have first character experience in the open world map. You will be walking with your character around your castle not just pointing your finger to the resource buildings. As well you will be walking with your character outside the walls of your castle to search for neighbors and maybe attack them.

I will focus these days on PvP content and will make a follow up post maybe with video to show what it would be like to walk to another castle and try to steal the resources. Also, in my initial thoughts once the castle is defeated and the resources are stolen the defended castle should gain some kind of protection zone for a period of time or something like that.

What about searching for resources - will you gather them within your area or outside, somewhere else?
Do you plan any upkeep, so let's say you need to prepare food for your workers to make them work while you are offline?

There’s a mobile game called “the mighty quest for epic loot”, you might want to check it out for inspiration :)

A quick update about the game. I am doing good and working with the game from time to time :) So, I believe I have implemented the very first MVP of entering other players castle or so called castle siege.

So, firstly there are two gates, you can either enter through south gate or north gate. Once you first step in on other players castle ground the siege will start in 3 seconds. That means you have 3 seconds to instant regret or enter with your army of friends.
1678819640986.png

If you commit standing 3 seconds in other castle ground the siege will start and will end in 120 seconds. Once the siege starts the gates you entered closes and it is the only way out of the castle through another gates available which is estimated to be 46 SQMs road straight. Strategically near the gates of the castle there will be military buildings. Like archery barracks or knight barracks where the amount of troops will spawn based on how much of them you have purchased from the master NPC. The troops will auto target you and your troops no matter if the defending castle player is online or offline. It is planned that player character will play huge role in the battle not like in the tibia summons will not attack the same target the master attacks however the player character will have great combat impact to fight for his castle or against someone's else castle.
1678820067034.png

Lastly, your player character can enter outside of your own castle to explore the world. Once you enter the outside castle gates you will spawn with the troops you have purchased. However you cannot leave with more than half of your army your castle. If you leave your castle with your troops that would mean your castle is at least half weak. So, you have to be careful when leaving your territory from the other attackers. For example in this picture we see that player Erikas have left his castle together with 2 troops the archer and swordsman while in total he had only 3 troops. That would mean that in the castle he left we have only one swordsman defending and the castle is weak. The attacking player successfully left the castle through the north gates and met player Erikas standing. The castle owner can still attack the player attacker however his castle defending troops cannot leave the castle and such position the attack is considerably not that strong.

1678820739225.png

Last edited:
A quick update about the game. I am doing good and working with the game from time to time :) So, I believe I have implemented the very first MVP of entering other players castle or so called castle siege.

So, firstly there are two gates, you can either enter through south gate or north gate. Once you first step in on other players castle ground the siege will start in 3 seconds. That means you have 3 seconds to instant regret or enter with your army of friends.
View attachment 74121

If you commit standing 3 seconds in other castle ground the siege will start and will end in 120 seconds. Once the siege starts the gates you entered closes and it is the only way out of the castle through another gates available which is estimated to be 46 SQMs road straight. Strategically near the gates of the castle there will be military buildings. Like archery barracks or knight barracks where the amount of troops will spawn based on how much of them you have purchased from the master NPC. The troops will auto target you and your troops no matter if the defending castle player is online or offline. It is planned that player character will play huge role in the battle not like in the tibia summons will not attack the same target the master attacks however the player character will have great combat impact to fight for his castle or against someone's else castle.
View attachment 74122

Lastly, your player character can enter outside of your own castle to explore the world. Once you enter the outside castle gates you will spawn with the troops you have purchased. However you cannot leave with more than half of your army your castle. If you leave your castle with your troops that would mean your castle is at least half weak. So, you have to be careful when leaving your territory from the other attackers. For example in this picture we see that player Erikas have left his castle together with 2 troops the archer and swordsman while in total he had only 3 troops. That would mean that in the castle he left we have only one swordsman defending and the castle is weak. The attacking player successfully left the castle through the north gates and met player Erikas standing. The castle owner can still attack the player attacker however his castle defending troops cannot leave the castle and such position the attack is considerably not that strong.

View attachment 74124

I like this idea. However, what's in for the player who dares to enter another's castle?

The ultimate idea to enter other players castle is to step in to this tile and thief the resources before castle owner takes the resources on himself. Of course the attacker barely knows how much loot there is left (when was the last time castle owner step in there). A hour loot or whole day loot. Also I finished implementing the resource and resource skill panel. It is the very similar idea like in tibia skills. The more resources you collect the more skill tries you achieve. The better skill you have then the more resources you obtain.
1678911251679.png

Implemented marketer NPC which will trade your resources for money. The money will later be used to buy troops and build special buildings.
In total there will be 8 resources in game.
336636230_173030898463622_7323229569320110945_n.png

This is how Market NPC buy tab looks like
335885455_1172695056723828_2937261594359047962_n.png

And this is how Market NPC sell tab looks like
329013182_1348510065995367_1000240375435491089_n.png

It is important to mention that resources does not have cap weight and they are always syncing through skills tab. Also in game there are no such thing as backpack or pickup able item.

Some why I feel like I am somewhere close to the open alpha version! I could indeed polish lots of stuff before giving the game to the very first players. But I bet that if I take too long to develop alone I will loss motivation in some point and struggles will happen. So far I have built simple map generator which copies a single sector of map and copies it multiple times in the map. For example, I made this simple sector and copied it several thousand times.
1679754912393.png

As a result, here we have the same design world which contains over 500 houses. The more unique copy sector I would make the map the more unique the map would look overall. The server runs fine with 500 houses and I tested on saving every tile. However I think that the maximum number of houses per server could be 3000. Which is really not much if considering this is idle game. Idk how to solve this limited world issue but for now one thing is crystal clear for me. Inactive players will be purged if not daily then every two days or so.

1679755227292.png

In previous post I said that I might have issues that world may contain approx 3000 players in total due of fixed size of houses. So happy to say that I fixed this issue. And the main change I did is that the physical house owners may rotate per available houses if owner is not online in-game. So if for example, in server there can be 10000 registered users and 500 in-total houses in map and that means it can be online at the same time 500 players. However if any logouts the house will be cleared for another player which wants to login. Undoubtfully, the logic is way more complicated than I described in few sentences but the idea is clear- the total amount of registered players have no impact in server scaling however online players does.

Furthermore, I am implementing military npc. And it would be the best if you interact with npc through modal window very similarly like with trade window. So, I am in MVP stage of building this military NPC to recruit new troops. Still many things to be done, but there is something. Also I am really struggling with OTC design things but I will care very little for best UI/UX until server is fully launched.
1680204094602.png

So, overall to continue the previous post. I believe I have finished the military barracks functionality. Despite the UI looks dumb the barracks are highly customizable. Each barrack can have its own maximum upgrade level which may cost different resources also each barrack troop may have different maximum level and also different costs. So, overall the final interface looks like this
1680339754930.png
And of course once you hire your troops and enter outside of castle to search adventures the correct level and amount troops will spawn based on your barracks level.
1680339863606.png

Yo, so the latest news I have is about spells. I bet that in total for now there will be only 7 spells. However all kind of groups like support, healing, attack. There won't be mana regeneration or mana potions. The spell system will work like that different spells have different exhausts and group exhausts and when you run out of mana you cast heal mana spell which regenerates mana for you but instead you cannot heal your self since this is healing group cooldown spell. The example of me casting flame strike
1680714802132.png
And here is our spell list. The mana consumption and attack/heal damage will be still under balancing but I have something what I like already.
1680714850511.png

Damn i remember some of these mechanics you had on your diablo inspired project.. Glad to see you're still around and this looks pretty cool really, a simple concept but definitely cool

Hello, there I have quite many updates. So firstly, I have made new category in the item palette called "Civilian Buildings" currently here we have three types of buildings and as well implemented new skill the Taxation. As a result, city hall and tavern buildings are based on the Taxation skill level and the more taxes you collect the more you gain money because of taxation levelup. Also, I have refactored a little bit the creation mode now you can walk around your building grid tiles to see if all corners are available and you have to click on arrows to confirm the construction.
1680964744030.png

Here we have the town hall building and if you walk on special chest near by tile you will get money and increase taxation level.
1680962855503.png

And finally the last civilian building the tavern. Which also rewards money on special tile walk on.
1680964912929.png

Yo,

Last week and till today very evening I was working quite hard on the android client. Removed useless left panel which otcv8 has about attack and follow (atleast in my game simple mechanics those buttons are unnecessarry). And made the further UX changes that npcs are talkable on click and the npc modal opens up, monsters are targetable on finger tap, reviewed lots of irrelevant option settings and similar stuff to make this picture happen. Actually till very today I am struggling with otc development and if you are reading this then I am really looking for team members to make this happens! Pm me if you would have similar basic skills like me and the spirit to develop :)
Screenshot_20230410_214809_Only Fortress.jpg

Implementing very last military building the wizardry barracks. From now on will be working purely on balancing the game resources. Resource per hour ratio, monsters and player balance and I hope to finish everything somewhere soon for first very unstable and very open beta.
1681541502040.png

I like the idea very much, was thinking about something similiar some time ago tbh :D
I always loved strategic games where you build your own city and stuff.
Big fan of mount and blade also xD
For sure gonna watch this thread!

Its been a while since my last update. So there are the latest news about the project! In short, I am still working on balance changes and did quite many minor changes regarding the gameplay itself. I also realized that besides of that you can build castles and attack castles it is still missing more content. So the very last thing I wish to implement before launching very first beta is the raids system. Which is very similar like Tibia tasks system. You speak with npc in your castle, you choose the raid you wish to complete and you are automatically teleported to the room where you have to fight for the raid with your troops and your self skills. If you win the raid you get some reward. The more raids you complete the more you level up and the more skills and troops you can acquire.

As well within many minor changes one to mention specifically is that every new players will start from their first login with prebuild house for castle owner and the very first npc named Battle Commander. You neither can delete this building neither delete the NPC Battle Commander. It is very similar place like your temple spawn- if you die or log out in the middle of map you will be teleported to this SQM which is the very master room of your castle.
1682783811298.png

Furthermore, the battle commander is responsible for the raids content and this is how MVP interface looks like!
1682784001901.png
All in all, this is the first content related about PVM battles and the implementation of non-troops creatures like wolves, boars, zombie, demons, dragons and etc all the types of creatures you can battle within your army of troops!

Back