• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Storywriter I NEED STORYWRITER!! For my project.. 40 DOLLAR!!

i a great writer i can write for you some mission exciting but you gotta give me some info about your server map etc.., places hunting spots i need the places, your temple, base and other stuff, currently i got ideas and i know how to make story telling if you gave me the following, i also can make all map npc stories but you got to help me with the npc their names, what do they do thats all i ask for if you are looking for one ;D, if u need me please pm me thanks.
regards
uchiha~~~

Recomended :D

Well thank you alot sweddy i appreciate it especially from you :), its just that i know some philosophy that can help improve the server

thank you again sweddy ;) <3

I PM'd you and gave you your story but you never wrote back -,-

This has been open for a long time.. Maybe you should read some of the applications..

He actually talked to me and asked me for a story which I sent him, but he never wrote anything back.

I can write you any stories/npc stories you need. I'm actually English living in England so that wont be a problem ;) PM me if you still need a writer if not, good luck!

Haha be happy, if the storys is so EASY... well write them for me???? and earn the 40 bucks.

Well some people don't understand how to build a great server.. it's impossible to do everything by your own with great results... I'm from the Netherlands and my Engish isn't great enough to write storys in good English... it looks very retarded when you speak to a NPC get a npc in crappy English that's why I looking for someone whos lives in USA, UK who got enough English skills.
And maybe 40 dollar is very much for you.. for me it isn't. Well it's alot of money but I can effort it.. and with that I can make someone happy who's love to write and earn some money with it... and if the story's are good... the rest of the server will be also good.. so I will be have a great server, and that 40 dollar well.. I wil earn that in few days from the donations.

So who tells me I'm stupit.. learn how to to invest in good people! my fantasy isn't good enough soo I can't do the job so I looking for someone thats not a bigg deal I think? good.

@XxShallowxX well I already did that.. all people I pm there are not good enough... wel for some people who's making a server they are good enough but my project have to be perfect I spend alot of time on it and I'm spend also money on good people.. so I also want somebody who is good... I don't spend 40 dollar on a nuwb who can write crappy English.
so that's why my thread still open.
I already got 1 storywriter.. but the work is to much.. so I need a second one.

@Leftwing
I asked for storywriters not on people who wants more post.. and blame my thread. I didn't asked for your opinion. thanks.

@Prest Don't blame because I didn't accept you as a storywriter.. your story was really bad and really simple it's not worth the 40 dollar. and you don't even use chat program only communication true otland.. omg? if you want to do proffesional jobs.. act like a professional.

Last edited:
I will write for you, though, you will have to pay me something up front.

You get paid after delive some work. I already had 3 people said going to write for me.. they write 1 story and I hear nothing more from them. I already got 1 writer so it's not so much work anymore. so the price of 40 dollar is also lower.. but the work is also lesser.

I don't want to get fucked again.. and don't come with the msg no, but I will be not like them. I don't care.. deliver work and get paid. if you don't like that way of working this isn't the right job for you.

Hmm, I would hate to make a very short post on here, but I am interested in helping you develop storyline NPCs, lore, and mission based NPCs.

I enjoy playing roleplaying servers, that are based mostly on doing quests, or missions for npcs. The quests can't be completely baseless, they need to have a story backing them, with various npcs to talk to, and even searching out libraries to find more information to send you on your way.

Though, if I was to help you, I wouldn't require any payment of any sort. I would like to help anyone with a creative idea, that just needs someone to help them illustrate a story, or just needs help with translating it to English.

The languages I can speak are as followed: English, Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish. I can also read/write Dutch, Faroese, German, and Icelandic.

I know you're from the Netherlands, so if you need some help just translating things from Dutch to proper English, I can help you out.

But, as I said before, I am not looking to make the 40$ dollars you advertised, I'm just here to offer my help with building a storyline, or making NPCs reply in proper English. I also work on my own server, and a couple other projects, so my time isn't 100% free, and thats why I wouldn't take your money. But, if you have a good idea, or just need help translating something, I can help you out as best as I can.

Example NPC, Tomas, a furniture seller, and task npc :

Player: Hi
Tomas: Welcome |playername|, I am the finest craftsmen in these parts. I sell the best handcrafted furniture in all of the city.
Player: furniture
Tomas: Recently, more and more people seem to be moving into the city, seeking a new life full of adventure and opportunities. But when people move in, they need to buy a new house. And when they buy a new house, they need to fill it with furniture! It has been really good for business, but the only thing is keeping up with the demands!
Player: Demands
Tomas: Yes, so many new faces walk into my shop everyday. They want a new dinning room table, and chairs to impress their friends when they come over to have dinner. Or they need a new cabinet to hold their dishes. It doesn't matter what they need, I would make it for them, but my supply of wood is running out! The local lumberjacks can't keep up with the demands! I'd go chop down some trees myself, but I'm always stuck here working on filling my orders, I need to hire some help.
Player: Help
Tomas: Well, if you are looking to help me out, and make some money for yourself, there is a forest north of here, were the lumberjacks harvest their wood. If you could go there and chop down some trees for me, I'd give you 500 gold for every 20 planks of wood that you bring me. If you need an axe, you could try speaking to one of the lumberjacks in the forest, or go visit Otto's toolshop, he always has axes in stock. His store is just down the street of here.

Last edited:
Bumb, Anyone who are ACTIVE?? last guys did make 1 story.. and never say anything on MSN or don't replay anymore on my mails... argh! wtf... is there someone who are active, speak good english, can deliver fast storys, who don't scam me.. and wants to earn 40 dollars? WELL REPLAY PLEASE!!

NPC: An old beggar with no stick on a cave (name osun or something...)

Player: hi
Osun: Hello l playername l are you brave?
Player: brave
Osun: Oh, so you say you're strong... Let's test it shall we?
Player: test
Osun: go north from here and you will find a layer of dragons, I was exploring around there and in the shock of seeing a dragon I dropped my mighty stick, go get it and I shall reward you..
Player: stick
Osun: Talk to me once you've found it.
-------
Osun: Have you found my mighty stick?
Player: stick
Osun: Oh great! Thank you so much. Well as you might have noticed I'm poor and have nothing to give you as a reward... Hey! I have an idea
Player: idea
Osun: Well the only skill I have is crafting, go find 10 pieces of wood around here and bring them back to me.
Player: wood
Osun: Yes, give me 10 pieces of wood and I will give you a surprise.
-----
Osun: Have you gotten the 10 pieces of wood I asked you for?
Player: wood
Osun: Great, talk to me in 5 minutes and you will be satisfied.
----
Osun: Here you go my friend.

10:00 You have received an old beggar's stick.

Addon of beggar ofc...

Haha be happy, if the storys is so EASY... well write them for me???? and earn the 40 bucks.

Well some people don't understand how to build a great server.. it's impossible to do everything by your own with great results... I'm from the Netherlands and my Engish isn't great enough to write storys in good English... it looks very retarded when you speak to a NPC get a npc in crappy English that's why I looking for someone whos lives in USA, UK who got enough English skills.
And maybe 40 dollar is very much for you.. for me it isn't. Well it's alot of money but I can effort it.. and with that I can make someone happy who's love to write and earn some money with it... and if the story's are good... the rest of the server will be also good.. so I will be have a great server, and that 40 dollar well.. I wil earn that in few days from the donations.

So who tells me I'm stupit.. learn how to to invest in good people! my fantasy isn't good enough soo I can't do the job so I looking for someone thats not a bigg deal I think? good.

@XxShallowxX well I already did that.. all people I pm there are not good enough... wel for some people who's making a server they are good enough but my project have to be perfect I spend alot of time on it and I'm spend also money on good people.. so I also want somebody who is good... I don't spend 40 dollar on a nuwb who can write crappy English.
so that's why my thread still open.
I already got 1 storywriter.. but the work is to much.. so I need a second one.

@Leftwing
I asked for storywriters not on people who wants more post.. and blame my thread. I didn't asked for your opinion. thanks.

@Prest Don't blame because I didn't accept you as a storywriter.. your story was really bad and really simple it's not worth the 40 dollar. and you don't even use chat program only communication true otland.. omg? if you want to do proffesional jobs.. act like a professional.

I wasn't looking for more posts, I was trying to save you forty bucks. I don't need to be asked for my opinion, I'll give it if I want to.

To be honest you wont get a real storywriter here, simply because nobody is going to waste time writing something for you that's complicated enough for your demands. I wouldn't call anyone here a professional storywriter, so if you want good ideas you should try copying ideas from books, movies, other servers and make them your own. Just an idea.

There's my opinion, don't like it? Too bad.
Leftwing

Well, thanks with that information I can do alot more, well I got a few very good writers.. maybe the work isn't going fast.. but the story's and the main storyline will be GREAT if it's done.
Well if anyone intresting in helping, the pictures on the post isn't anymore from the map I was making ;) the map I using now is well maybe the best RPG map around. details well 10/10. 23MB RAW maped map.

Well, I don't want to rush the server but make a perfect working server! it will be very populair if it's done, simply because the system, story and feeling/fun on the server will be great!
Well if anyone wants to help just replay.
I'll give you guys a example of what my writer has created.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Fisherman's Quest
The Old Fisherman's quest will be a quest based around an elderly fisherman, and will have multiple parts. He explains that he is chasing a fish that has evaded him for some time now, and the players first objective is to help him get bait.

*Bolded words are Keywords used by the players to take them to the next step in the quest.
Special Monsters:

Thieving Troll: 35 Experience, 50 HP. Has a 40% chance to drop Fish Bait**

Looks like an Island Troll.-

Grizzly: 0 Experience, 100 HP, has a 100% chance to drop Old Fisherman's Rod**

Looks like a bear.-
Ol' Salty: 0 Experience, 120 HP, has a 100% chance to drop Ol' Saltys Heart.**

Looks like a Quara Predator. -

Special Items:**

Fish Bait: Uses the Sprite of Salmon. Drops from Thieving troll for the first part of the quest. 40% Drop rate.

Old Fisherman's Rod: Uses the sprite of a Fishing Rod. Drops from Grizzly for the second part of the quest. 100% Drop rate.

Ol' Saltys Heart: Uses the sprite of any sort of Meat or heart looking item. Used for the last part of the quest. 100% Drop rate.

Part 1.

Old Fisherman: Hey! You there! You look like a strapping young adventurer, yes? Could you help an Elderly man out with a quick favor*?

(Player says Yes, or Favor)
Old Fisherman: Good! See, I've been chasing a fish, a big one! It's eluded me for some time now...Nearly had him once i did! Anyways, i need you to gather up eight pieces of bait for me. I heard the trolls to the south have been stealing bait from the local stores. Can you get me some?

(Players will accept the quest by saying "Yes" and have to travel to the troll dens and kill trolls untill they obtain 8 pieces of Fish Bait, bait will have around a 40% chance to drop from each troll making it so they have to kill a few to get the quest items. They will then return to the fisherman.)
Old Fisherman: So <name>, Any lucky? Were you able to find the bait?

(Players say yes, the bait is removed from their inventory, and they are awarded a small amount of gold and experience, moving them onto the second part of the mission)
Reward: 50 Gold Coins, 120 Experience.

Part 2

Old Fisherman: Good job, <name>. Now that i've got the bait, we'll need one more thing before we can get to the waters were Ol' Salty is! In the back of my fishing shack is my trusty fishing rod. I need you to grab the for me, this old man cant walk as quick as he used to be able to! Can you grab it for me quick, <name>?

(Players say Yes)
Old Fisherman: Excellent! You'll find my fishing shack if you follow the shore to the east about twenty paces. Be careful though, last time i was in there, a bear had snuck into the shack for the fish!

(Players will travel east to find the Fishing shack, in the shack will be a bear [Like a mini-boss] named Grizzly, players will need to kill him and loot the fishing rod from him [100% drop rate] then, bring the rod back to the fisherman)
Old Fisherman: Did ya find the rod alright, <name>?

(Players reply with yes, the rod will be removed and they will get gold and experience.)
Reward: 100 Gold coins, 180 Experience
Old Fisherman: I heard the rustling from here! Looks like you gave that old bear a run for it's money! Good Job <name>! Now we can go after Ol' Salty! Are you ready?

(Players reply with Yes or Ready)

Part 3 (Final Part)
Old Fisherman: Great! Now, we're going to go out to sea, I'll need you to dive into the water and kill Ol' Salty for me, and bring me his heart. I'm far too old to do any diving! Are you ready to go out to sea?
(Players will say Yes, or Out to sea. They will then be teleported to a small underwater zone where they will have to fight an underwater creature named "Ol' Salty". Ol' Salty will then be killed, and players will collect his heart from him [100% Drop Chance] and then take a portal back to the beach, they will then walk to the Old Fisherman and say Hi.

Old Fisherman: So, <Name>, have you finally done it? Were you able to avenge me and kill Ol' salty?
(Players reply with yes, and the heart of Ol' Salty is removed)

Old Fisherman: Thank you! My entire life's work, finally complete thanks to you, <name>! Here, take this as a token of my appreciation. An old man like me won't be needing it for much anymore!

Rewards: 100 Gold coins, 250 Experience, Chain Armor.
End Quest Chain.

Locations:

1: Old Fisherman

2: Thieving Trolls

3: Fishing Shack + Grizzly

4: Ol' Salty (Underwater)

if you still looking pm me ur base story and msn and we take it from there

Back