• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I'll tell you what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidx

Banned User
Reaction score
I'll tell you what, when you delete all the posts and accounts I have ever made on this forum, that includes source edits, scripts, releases of any kind and I will leave this community forever until then I guess we will be seeing a lot of each other because I am far from finished.

Why don’t you just move on like any sane person would do if they’re dissatisfied with something? It’s not like we have got anything against you personally (which you probably think we do), but you will have to follow the rules just like everyone else if you want to be a part of this community. Evading banishment(s) by using alternate accounts is something we will not turn a blind eye to.

You still creating accounts and breaking the rules, thats sad. I would love to learn from you but you still a boy (imo)

Why don’t you just move on like any sane person would do if they’re dissatisfied with something? It’s not like we have got anything against you personally (which you probably think we do), but you will have to follow the rules just like everyone else if you want to be a part of this community. Evading banishment(s) by using alternate accounts is something we will not turn a blind eye to.
Interesting concept, how am i suppose to be apart of this community when my main account is permanently banned? And yes you don't like me because every attempt i have made to be apart of this community has been obstructed.

You are asking me to move on yet you can't even take your own advice and leave me alone. So I keep making accounts and releasing my work and you keep banning these accounts and keeping my work. You can't have it both ways.

Interesting concept, how am i suppose to be apart of this community when my main account is permanently banned? And yes you don't like me because every attempt i have made to be apart of this community has been obstructed.

You are asking me to move on yet you can't even take your own advice and leave me alone. So I keep making accounts and releasing my work and you keep banning these accounts and keeping my work. You can't have it both ways.
Doing something wrong and expecting not to be punished are symptoms of spoiled lil brats.
Just because you give to the community doesn't mean they're going to allow rules to be broken, it's really simple.

banning the only person releasing smt for the community lul
btw why doesn't tfs have animated text support now? mark himself said tfs is devoloped for otclient now, so why isn't simple features like that added onto tfs again?

banning the only person releasing smt for the community lul
btw why doesn't tfs have animated text support now? mark himself said tfs is devoloped for otclient now, so why isn't simple features like that added onto tfs again?
Define "only"

What he did ?
I believe the original account in question has 'recurrent flamer' attached to it.
The subsequent accounts are likely punished under 'ban evasion' or similar.
I don't think more information needs or should be shared beyond that.

I compiled a list of threads for you to remove.
Load Npc's from lua
Animated Text Support for OT Client 10.98/99 - TFS 1.3
setCreatureName & monster:setName for TFS 1.2
Cross Platform Linux/Windows - Preprocessor Directive - Solution to missing method
1.2 Vocation initial and level in character list & chat channel.
TFS 1.0/1/2/3 - otx3 from 7.7 to 10.9x Load Items from Lua
Player Flag Generator 1.2 [C++/HTML/Javascript]
TFS 0.3.6 Load Vocations from lua
TFS 0.3.6 Load items from lua instead of xml
[TFS 1.2] Load Vocations in Lua or XML (Optional from Config)
Stay Online Forever for 1.2
New Npc Currency System for TFS 1.2
Spawn Npc's - Corrections made
Spells Parser - Configurable - Any TFS / OTX Version
[Lua] Get Current Working Directory Linux/Windows
Pure Lua - Znote PHP Shop Makers
[Lua] Bitwise Functions
Monster Look Types for 1.2
Object Builder + Item Editor, How to Import & Export Items to the Client
Virtual Box & Ubuntu setup - Portforward (locally only)
Client Installers or Just Zipped Spr & Dat - Tools
Sqlite editor for Linux/Windows/Mac
Tibia 11 Shop 64x64 images
An all in One SPR & Dat - Free Sprites!
Monster Image Files from Tibia wiki
Simple Buy / Sell Shops TFS 1.x
TFS 1.0 and up Get Metamethods - Easy to update

And everything associated with Codex NG

You all want to point out rules yet I am sure there is something in the rules about harrassment, trolling and stalking.
Your arguments are flawed when challenged.

All am doing is posting my work in this community, yet the account is banned the moment you suspected it being me "Codex" I can only imagine how many people you have gotten rid of because you thought they were me. Yet you allow counteless disruptive people to stick around without issue.

Here is the solution either lift the ban on my account or delete it completely and delete all threads/posts associated with it as well as the list of threads and accounts associated with those threads above. You have no problem removing threads or posts I have made that were "rule violations", yet you keep all my work and you all benefit from it. As penso pointed out once about images, since I am the creator of these releases I hold the copywrite for them.

If your choice is not to accept me as part of your community then I do not wish for you to have any of my work posted on your site.

Yes, you do hold copyright of the content posted, but once you register to OTLand, you accept the terms and rules, which clearly state:
"You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service.".
You can't just change your mind and decided you want your content removed.

Yes, you do hold copyright of the content posted, but once you register to OTLand, you accept the terms and rules, which clearly state:
"You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service.".
You can't just change your mind and decided you want your content removed.
In a court of law, in order for a contract to be valid it has to be reasonable for both parties, just because I signed up and logged into a site does not automatically assume i have relinquished all copywrites of my work. This "agreement" will not hold up in a courtroom.

In a court of law, in order for a contract to be valid it has to be reasonable for both parties, just because I signed up and logged into a site does not automatically assume i have relinquished all copywrites of my work. This "agreement" will not hold up in a courtroom.

Looks like going to court is the solution for you seeing no one cares about you here.

Don't forget to keep us updated. Got a blog or something?

Looks like going to court is the solution for you seeing no one cares about you here.

Don't forget to keep us updated. Got a blog or something?
My concern is not whether you are care about me, it is with my work which was posted and used by many projects in this community. If I have to I will seek legal action regarding this issue. @Mark @Don Daniello @kornholi To avoid please fulfill my request.

Can you step back in line to get your medicine, sir?

My concern is not whether you are care about me, it is with my work which was posted and used by many projects in this community. If I have to I will seek legal action regarding this issue. @Mark @Don Daniello @kornholi To avoid please fulfill my request.
This has gone to far.

Let me explain Copyright to you.

Yes, under Section 2.3.2 of the copyright law in the USA (which I know you happen to reside in)
"Any and all of the copyright owner's exclusive rights may be transferred, but the transfer of exclusive rights is not valid unless that transfer is in writing and signed by the owner of the rights being transferred."

In OtLands agreements,
"You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content."

However, even though you yourself retain copyright over said works under section 2.2.2 of the copyright law in the USA (which again, you reside under)
"A fair use of a copyrighted work may include the practice of any of the exclusive rights provided by copyright, for example, reproduction for purposes such as criticism comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research."

As such, and under your own signed documentation, which is mandatory in order to post on this site, you have given them permission to publish the content.
However, even if you had not signed the documentation under the fair use law 2.2.2, there is no such obligation to have the content removed as your content can and does fall under "criticism comment" & "research". One could argue it falls under "teaching" as well, as some of your copyrighted works were posted in the tutorials section of OtLand.

OtLand itself is not required to remove any such content due to these rules and regulations set forth in the copyright act.
However, they do retain the right to remove the content if they see so fit to do so.

On another side, if you can prove that work you have provided has been used by OtLand itself in a commercial nature, then you might be on to something.
Again, 2.2.2,
"Purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes"

However, since every distribution of TFS notes that the software is open-source, meaning that the information contain therein has been submitted freely for use in such software, the only likely action you could possibly hold up in court is against whomever submitted your work to be used in the open-source project.

Hopefully this information is helpful to all parties.

I doubt this needs to be noted, but am I not a lawyer, and as such do not know the full extent of the law, but I feel that the information gathered above is enough to decide any disagreement between the mutual parties without the need of a court.

threatening to take a PUBLIC forum to court over banned accounts and releasing work that is public for anyone to use or re-upload? lol well this is a first for otland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back