• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I'll tell you what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidx

Banned User
Reaction score
I'll tell you what, when you delete all the posts and accounts I have ever made on this forum, that includes source edits, scripts, releases of any kind and I will leave this community forever until then I guess we will be seeing a lot of each other because I am far from finished.

Can you step back in line to get your medicine, sir?
Says the guy with a lard ass for an avatar
This has gone to far.

Let me explain Copyright to you.

Yes, under Section 2.3.2 of the copyright law in the USA (which I know you happen to reside in)
"Any and all of the copyright owner's exclusive rights may be transferred, but the transfer of exclusive rights is not valid unless that transfer is in writing and signed by the owner of the rights being transferred."

In OtLands agreements,
"You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content."

However, even though you yourself retain copyright over said works under section 2.2.2 of the copyright law in the USA (which again, you reside under)
"A fair use of a copyrighted work may include the practice of any of the exclusive rights provided by copyright, for example, reproduction for purposes such as criticism comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research."

As such, and under your own signed documentation, which is mandatory in order to post on this site, you have given them permission to publish the content.
However, even if you had not signed the documentation under the fair use law 2.2.2, there is no such obligation to have the content removed as your content can and does fall under "criticism comment" & "research". One could argue it falls under "teaching" as well, as some of your copyrighted works were posted in the tutorials section of OtLand.

OtLand itself is not required to remove any such content due to these rules and regulations set forth in the copyright act.
However, they do retain the right to remove the content if they see so fit to do so.

On another side, if you can prove that work you have provided has been used by OtLand itself in a commercial nature, then you might be on to something.
Again, 2.2.2,
"Purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes"

However, since every distribution of TFS notes that the software is open-source, meaning that the information contain therein has been submitted freely for use in such software, the only likely action you could possibly hold up in court is against whomever submitted your work to be used in the open-source project.

Hopefully this information is helpful to all parties.

I doubt this needs to be noted, but am I not a lawyer, and as such do not know the full extent of the law, but I feel that the information gathered above is enough to decide any disagreement between the mutual parties without the need of a court.
Apparently you know shit about us law, legal jargon is not interpreted as normal every day English. I can quote statues too but that isn't how it works.
I got aids while reading this thread.
No you already had aids
threatening to take a PUBLIC forum to court over banned accounts and releasing work that is public for anyone to use or re-upload? lol well this is a first for otland
This is not a threat and this is not over banned accounts I know its hard for you to understand being a member of this once great community for such a long time. I am requesting that my copyrighted work be removed since I am not longer of this forum. If this forum were a PUBLIC forum than I would not be banished because it would open to all.

Apparently you know shit about us law, legal jargon is not interpreted as normal every day English. I can quote statues too but that isn't how it works.
Honestly, among your many accounts, and talking with you directly, I've tried so hard to like you and want to help you along.
But obviously your not worth my time to even ponder over anymore.

Everytime I see your accounts from now on, I'll simply flag them for moderators to deal with.
I can usually guess who you are within 10 posts of content, and I've done it multiple times in the past.
I stopped commenting and pming you on your various accounts so you might get the extra couple of days, but again, eh, not worth keeping you around anymore with your attitude.

I guess I'm fully on the moderators side at this point.
zzz

Cheers.

Honestly, among your many accounts, and talking with you directly, I've tried so hard to like you and want to help you along.
But obviously your not worth my time to even ponder over anymore.

Everytime I see your accounts from now on, I'll simply flag them for moderators to deal with.
I can usually guess who you are within 10 posts of content, and I've done it multiple times in the past.
I stopped commenting and pming you on your various accounts so you might get the extra couple of days, but again, eh, not worth keeping you around anymore with your attitude.

I guess I'm fully on the moderators side at this point.
zzz

Cheers.
No I am the one who stopped talking to you because you are a complete moron and lack basic common sense.

I posted these scripts, source edits and code snippets with the sole purpose of education in mind and not for monetary gain which is what these scripts, source edits and code snippets are being used for.

No you already had aids

This is not a threat and this is not over banned accounts I know its hard for you to understand being a member of this once great community for such a long time. I am requesting that my copyrighted work be removed since I am not longer of this forum. If this forum were a PUBLIC forum than I would not be banished because it would open to all.

Who are you again?
Also, claming copyright, get the fuck off the internet, kid.

The moment you move on to ones avatar to judge them in any way, you should realize you've lost all touch with reality. You don't realize you're not getting anything done by being a fullblown uttercunt.

Please stop prolonging this turd called a thread, so this toxic fly deceases. He's just accumulating attention by posting this in a thread, instead of sending his dispute to any staff member at OTLand.

Last edited:
So this time Codex comes with a court story
:Ok:

Useless thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back