• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Imperianic self advertisement sent to my personal e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xikini

I whore myself out for likes
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
@imperianic

Shove off with your e-mail spam.
Idk how you got my personal e-mail, but I certainly never supplied it to you, since I don't play ot's, or sign up on ot sites.

So gtfo, yeah?

Untitled.png

Same here. Quite annoying, no unsubscribe option either, scum and should have his threads from otland deleted.
I marked it as phishing and spam. 🗣

@imperianic

Idk how you got my personal e-mail, but I certainly never supplied it to you, since I don't play ot's, or sign up on ot sites.

So gtfo, yeah?

View attachment 49232

I guess You should also post it here:

Most likely the email was given to them, there are lots of databases with emails online and with people that has them since many years.

@imperianic

So gtfo, yeah?

View attachment 49232
Mind posting the exact e-mail header and meta data? :)
I recommend censoring your e-mail address in there though. But the rest of the information might be helpful.
In google-mail, you get that by clicking "more
More
" and then "Show original"

Really guys? A discussion about my e-mail marketing?

It's a paid service with DKIM confirmation for my domain, there's nothing irregular on it.

Maybe you, maybe someone, has registered on one of my services, in view of I work with OpenTibia since 2009. You can simply report it as spam and you don't receive messages from my address anymore. Problem solved!

By the way, if you still think that's "annoying", or it's making a "bad day" for you, I can personally remove you from my lists right now, just PM me with your address.

You have a good server @Sir Knighter, and the fact that you are openning a new world 1 week after me doesn't make us enemies at all, ask for removing my threads doesn't make sense.

Have a successfull openning and a nice day, sir.

Jokes and more jokes, damn dude why cry about a spam email instead of sending a private message to @imperianic asking to remove the email or mark as spam in your mail service? pathetic as fuck

Really guys? A discussion about my e-mail marketing?

It's a paid service with DKIM confirmation for my domain, there's nothing irregular on it.

Maybe you, maybe someone, has registered on one of my services, in view of I work with OpenTibia since 2009. You can simply report it as spam and you don't receive messages from my address anymore. Problem solved!

By the way, if you still think that's "annoying", or it's making a "bad day" for you, I can personally remove you from my lists right now, just PM me with your address.

You have a good server @Sir Knighter, and the fact that you are openning a new world 1 week after me doesn't make us enemies at all, ask for removing my threads doesn't make sense.

Have a successfull openning and a nice day, sir.
And again someone is answering who should not be answering.

You are right, maybe someone used their e-mails to register.

BUT sending news and spam without a users consent is illegal.
Not providing an option to unsubscribe is illegal. You are obligated to do so.

It would have been smarter not to answer at all, or if you answered, not in this style. Too easy to attack you and turn your lack of knowledge against you.

Jokes and more jokes, damn dude why cry about a spam email instead of sending a private message to @imperianic asking to remove the email or mark as spam in your mail service? pathetic as fuck
Because it's illegal and some people don't put up with everything.
A huge problem in the world today is that people just put up with a lot and don't do anything about it. Laws, like the ones based on the GDPR, didn't come from nowhere. They were enforced because it turned into a real issue and privacy wasn't respected anymore. Part of this, is also spam and the obligation to offer an option to unsubscribe.
People complaining isn't a bad thing. It can be annoying if it is for no reason or just a dumb topic. But in this community spam, privacy and other similar topics are a real issue and I personally am bothered by it a lot as well. I am not going to accept OT server owners just doing whatever they want without respecting peoples privacy or even paying taxes. This is a serious issue.

And again someone is answering who should not be answering.

You are right, maybe someone used their e-mails to register.

BUT sending news and spam without a users confirmation is illegal.
Not providing an option to unsubscribe is illegal. You are obligated to do so.

It would have been smarter not to answer at all, or if you answered, not in this style. Too easy to attack you and turn your lack of knowledge against you.

Because it's illegal and some people don't put up with everything.
A huge problem in the world today is that people just put up with a lot and don't do anything about it. Laws, like the ones based on the GDPR, didn't come from nowhere. They were enforced because it turned into a real issue and privacy wasn't respected anymore. Part of this, is also spam and the obligation to offer an option to unsubscribe.
People complaining isn't a bad thing. It can be annoying if it is for no reason or just a dumb topic. But in this community spam, privacy and other similar topics are a real issue and I personally am bothered by it a lot as well. I am not going to accept OT server owners just doing whatever they want without respecting peoples privacy or even paying taxes. This is a serious issue.

Of course I'll answer, the discussion is related to me 😂

In the last case It's an issue between my SMTP provider and me, don't you think?

I don't will take more time on this, but next time just check it as SPAM and every single problem will be solved guys.

Health for everybody, eat fruits and drink water, hate is not the way!

@imperianic
The thing is that laws changed, if you send mails to EU/Brazil or US you have to provide unsubscribe link. Offering it here on otland via pm doesn't make it legal. If anyone registered on your OTS x years ago it doesn't allow you to send those people messages about new server. You could do this only if they gave you consent like "Thick this box to receive emails in the future" but I'm almost sure that you didn't have it before (not sure if even now). There was also another way to solve it legally, you could send first mail about policy change (but you need user to accept this, inaction is not consent //thanks to Merrok for pointing this out) about future marketing but you should still give a link to unsubscribe.

Last edited:
@imperianic
The thing is that laws changed, if you send mails to EU/Brazil or US you have to provide unsubscribe link. Offering it here on otland via pm doesn't make it legal. If anyone registered on your OTS x years ago it doesn't allow you to send those people messages about new server. You could do this only if they gave you consent like "Thick this box to receive emails in the future" but I'm almost sure that you didn't have it before (not sure if even now). There was also another way to solve it legally, you could send first mail about policy change about future marketing but you should still give a link to unsubscribe.
good to know, an OT called Taleon (kinda popular here in Brazil) also used to gather email from players in order to advertise future servers without any opt-in/out option, they even force users to use "real" email providers in order to register and play...

I think the other issue is I literally cannot remember one other time in my history of Open Tibia where I received an OT ad in my email inbox. Not one, and I've been around as long as many others have been in this thread.

I wasn't going to even comment, because I'd already flagged the email and reported it before I even saw this thread, but in the future you really should read up on the laws that govern the internet.

good to know, an OT called Taleon (kinda popular here in Brazil) also used to gather email from players in order to advertise future servers without any opt-in/out option, they even force users to use "real" email providers in order to register and play...
Hm, maybe I rushed with this info too fast, but anyway LGPD (Brazilian law) takes effect from today :D

I think the other issue is I literally cannot remember one other time in my history of Open Tibia where I received an OT ad in my email inbox. Not one, and I've been around as long as many others have been in this thread.

I wasn't going to even comment, because I'd already flagged the email and reported it before I even saw this thread, but in the future you really should read up on the laws that govern the internet.
that's because his service provider is Cambridge Analytics hahahahaha jokes aside, I think some folks here obviously need to chill out a little bit.
It's a spam email, we get 432665325 of those everyday and we don't take legal actions on them. It's good that we all now understand that this is illegal (I didn't knew it either) and we already have the leader of the project aware of that as well.

But this kind of hate is not healthy for the discussion and neither for the community:
Shove off
scum and should have his threads from otland deleted.
Is this because of data privacy or is the angry of not doing a so successful targeting campaign before?

@imperianic
The thing is that laws changed, if you send mails to EU/Brazil or US you have to provide unsubscribe link. Offering it here on otland via pm doesn't make it legal. If anyone registered on your OTS x years ago it doesn't allow you to send those people messages about new server. You could do this only if they gave you consent like "Thick this box to receive emails in the future" but I'm almost sure that you didn't have it before (not sure if even now). There was also another way to solve it legally, you could send first mail about policy change (but you need user to accept this, inaction is not consent //thanks to Merrok for pointing this out) about future marketing but you should still give a link to unsubscribe.

Thanks for this information! Yes it's a really good way to do it.

Hm, maybe I rushed with this info too fast, but anyway LGPD (Brazilian law) takes effect from today :D

Not exactly, It has to be sanctioned by president before come into force!

that's because his service provider is Cambridge Analytics hahahahaha jokes aside, I think some folks here obviously need to chill out a little bit.
It's a spam email, we get 432665325 of those everyday and we don't take legal actions on them. It's good that we all now understand that this is illegal (I didn't knew it either) and we already have the leader of the project aware of that as well.

But this kind of hate is not healthy for the discussion and neither for the community:

Is this because of data privacy or is the angry of not doing a so successful targeting campaign before?

That was my point Wolf, but I don't want to discuss it here anymore, we all know the intention of this thread.

tldr

Sending people junk mail / junk e-mails without consent is.. at best, annoying. At worst, malicious.

Paying a third-party company who specializes in scraping e-mails together for mass marketing, or doing it yourself, amounts to the same thing.

Illegal or not illegal, people who do this are complete scum.

There's no discussion to be had here.

Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back