• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Imperianic self advertisement sent to my personal e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's because his service provider is Cambridge Analytics hahahahaha jokes aside, I think some folks here obviously need to chill out a little bit.
It's a spam email, we get 432665325 of those everyday and we don't take legal actions on them. It's good that we all now understand that this is illegal (I didn't knew it either) and we already have the leader of the project aware of that as well.

But this kind of hate is not healthy for the discussion and neither for the community:

Is this because of data privacy or is the angry of not doing a so successful targeting campaign before?
Email blasts without an unsubsribe option are illegal in most parts of the world, including the ones he is targeting.

We run an email campaign once a month, unsubscribe option and sent to promotions not primary mail.

This is why most of OTland thinks you're a donkey

that's because his service provider is Cambridge Analytics hahahahaha jokes aside, I think some folks here obviously need to chill out a little bit.
It's a spam email, we get 432665325 of those everyday and we don't take legal actions on them. It's good that we all now understand that this is illegal (I didn't knew it either) and we already have the leader of the project aware of that as well.

But this kind of hate is not healthy for the discussion and neither for the community:

Is this because of data privacy or is the angry of not doing a so successful targeting campaign before?
I am not the first to be a Knighter defender, but please stop pretending like he and the success of this server has anything to be threatened by when it comes to a server spamming his email. This project is so contrary to anything that he's doing that it's like trying to say any retro OTservers have a chance of overtaking tibia's popularity and causing the main game to shut down.

We have the right to be upset about unsolicited emails about a server we've either a) never heard of and/or b) never gave consent to any other server to provide our email to a subscribers list for another server/project.

You're reaching, at best, and naïve, at worst.

Thanks for this information! Yes it's a really good way to do it.
Not exactly, It has to be sanctioned by president before come into force!

That was my point Wolf, but I don't want to discuss it here anymore, we all know the intention of this thread.

No one is threatened by you; only annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back