• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is it possible to compile an OTC V8, OTC MEHAH and TFS 1.2 with 1 vcpkg folder?

srmutsume

Reaction score
I used to compile OTC v8 with a vcpkg, but when I tried to compile OTC Mehah I couldn't, so I repeated the vcpkg installation process in another folder, now I can compile OTC Mehah, but I can't compile OTC v8 anymore.

Both VCPKG folders are over 10 GB
Is it possible to compile the 2 clients with just 1 VCPKG folder?
Can I install OTC v8 libraries in the vcpkg folder on OTC Mehah?

I will continue testing

You should enable and use manifest mode for both projects, I think OTC mehah uses it already by default, and tfs has it, but it isnt enabled by default... as for otcv8, idk why you need that and otc redemption at the same time... makes zero sense, but ultimately, when it comes to managing dependencies, it is absolutely possible to have multiple versions of dependencies installed into one vcpkg path, but ultimately its not something so easy to walk someone through over some forum posts. You need to learn how to set the dependencies manually in the solution or make files yourself, or just deal with all the extra space it uses... which lets be honest, 10 gigs today, thats nothing.. costs like 5 dollars to buy a flash stick with more memory than that...

I used to compile OTC v8 with a vcpkg, but when I tried to compile OTC Mehah I couldn't, so I repeated the vcpkg installation process in another folder, now I can compile OTC Mehah, but I can't compile OTC v8 anymore.

Both VCPKG folders are over 10 GB
Can I install OTC v8 libraries in the vcpkg folder on OTC Mehah?

I will continue testing
I got 6 vcpkg , so yes you can compile again otcv8, just you need change variable environnement of your ROOT vcpkg , and on comand prompt , integrate the install of the new folder , each time you need to this if you with change vcpkg folder.

Otcv8 and tfs can be compiled with same vcpkg , not mehah.

Problem is not number of vcpkg folders, but different versions of C++ libraries used by each project (OTCv8, Mehah, TFS).
Even, if vcpkg would be able to run different version using just 1 vcpkg folder (it can't :( ), it would still use 10 GB to store all required versions.

There are 2 ways to install/use vcpkg:
  • global - integrated into system - just 1 version of vcpkg at once (can't compile OTC Mehah and TFS in same time), if you want to use different vcpkg versions (1 for TFS, 1 for OTCv8, 1 for Mehah), you have to create 3 folders with vcpkg, before running compilation in Visual Studio, you have to enter into given vcpkg version folder and execute ./vcpkg integrate install (VS restart may be required - not tested)
  • as @Codinablack mentioned, TFS and Mehah have vcpkg.json file in main folder and you can configure VS to 'Use vcpkg manifest', then both projects can use same vcpkg version (newest), but each will create vcpkg_installed folder in it's directory (TFS/Mehah directory)

OTCv8 does not use vcpkg.json manifest file and works only with 'global' installation.

Back