• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is there still demand for unique OT-servers?

Sizaro

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
coldensjo
Hello, I've been away for a while and I'd like to know if there still are demand for unique OT-servers. I have a project I've been working on for a very long time on my own. My goal with this project is to make the world unique and fun while still giving players the feeling that they know where they are and where they're going (but in reality they are not).

The map is essentially one town (Carlin) merged with the entire real tibia map into a much smaller one. On-top of that there are literally thousands of custom areas that the players can explore.
It might look similar but trust me it is not.
And I've also taken privilege to pretty much remake everything. From the lore to the quests to the areas and hunting grounds that you might be familiar with, some of them will be completely alien but they still have the real tibia touch.
Basically I've taken the entire real tibia map and merged it into a smaller one packed with custom mystery and fun.

The map has all the quests that you are familiar with, annihilator quest, demon helmet quest, inquisition quest, pits of inferno quest, desert quest etc etc.
961c7bea-0648-49e1-bcf3-8c24aba4b608

ffX4GoQ.png

There will almost certainly be adjustments to the map so this will not be the final piece. For example I'm not done working on old Ab'dendriel yet :)
If you can find a custom area that you're familiar with I will give you a taste sample.

Last edited:
I can only speak subjectively here, but it seems like otservers have become more business-based and less community-based over the years. The evolution of otservers has led to a change in distribution of the community where essentially there are a few "big" servers that hold most of the people, and then a ton of no-names (if you look at otservlist in the time that I'm writing this post, you can see that the first top 10 servers have over 300 players online, and then there are 5 pages of 30 players and less).
If you look at the top 10 servers again, you will see that 8 of them are global maps, and the other 2 are servers that have established and gathered the community over long years (twitch streamers like addled playing one of them with 300 players watching is a good indication).
So only from the statistical readings you can see that there is not a huge interest in the type of server you would offer - my personal guess is people want a faster, less grind-oriented solution (nobody wants to invest hundreds of hours into a server that is going to close either way), simply because there is global tibia, which has become almost like an ots, and we have servers like Medivia and games like zezenia (which i do not recommend for anyone) as alternatives if that is not enough.

However there are always exceptions. If it's a good and engaging server, you will have players.

I think the map looks pretty cool, kinda nice to spot individual re-arranged map pieces.
Playing it could be pretty interesting too - comfortable but new & engaging at the same time. Nice work!

We usually have 250-375 players online. We're 100% non rl map, 100% custom vocations, crafting systems, boss mechanics, dungeons, we're the largest 100% non rl map server though, and our team works full time on our project, something very few (if any) rl map server teams do.

If you want to be a seriously considered custom server, with a decent player base, expect to do this full time..

We usually have 250-375 players online. We're 100% non rl map, 100% custom vocations, crafting systems, boss mechanics, dungeons, we're the largest 100% non rl map server though, and our team works full time on our project, something very few (if any) rl map server teams do.

If you want to be a seriously considered custom server, with a decent player base, expect to do this full time..
vestia.pl has tho more player count. :p

i think if the server have something to offer and people like that, will be successfull
dont matter if is rl or custom

I think it looks very interesting.

I'm personally working on a 100% custom OT also. I'd really love to see a shift back away from all the rl servers. It seems that nowadays all that exists is either Teleport ots, or rl maps.

Where did the rpg fan go?!?

It is very likely for someone playing "Real Maps" to at least venture down the avenue of Custom Ots
You've got the cozy elements of a Real Map like @mdwilliams stated, to pull in the timid Real map player then gradually introduce them to new features.
Continue Development and go for it!
There are always people looking for something different.

I think it looks very interesting.

I'm personally working on a 100% custom OT also. I'd really love to see a shift back away from all the rl servers. It seems that nowadays all that exists is either Teleport ots, or rl maps.

Where did the rpg fan go?!?
i see quite often new custom servers, but they die out quickly, because they get no love and is much harder to make.
I would say, in OTLand the playerbase for custom servers are practically non existent.
Prolly not even wrong if i say here are more custom servers than players who prefer custom over default data pack

Answer is simple:
Don't ask OTLand. This place doesn't mirror general preferences of players. Just go and do some statistical analysis over data from otservlist.

Back