• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

item of type, please report it to gamemaster.

Edling

Reaction score
Hello. I have seen man people encounter the problem and now its my turn. I do mostly missing Walls and Tiles in Zao. I don't know how to get the item names. Or the easiest way to add missing items in items.xml

a0b6f41.jpg

You need to make a new Name and all in item.xml copy and Paste from other gepinselt and Chance The id than its work and that you need to make with wall ground and all

Don't I need the otbm too then? Its bugging as hell now. Im running a tfs 0.4 Client 8.6 Server.

8222069.jpg

I try to pick a few items but man theres so much missing and just take bunch of zao items from another items.xml makes my map worse then it was from begging. The item IDs for corrupted walls are so spread out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't I need the otbm too then? Its bugging as hell now. Im running a tfs 0.4 Client 8.6 Server.

8222069.jpg
This is because OBTM has some offset ID's because the map editor is missing some id's in the late raw others/ if you try to create something based off the id you see in map editor it will be incorrect, You have to find and remove those bugged ids from map editor or find out the source ID of the walls and stuff to add correctly to items.xml. That way it will no longer say "You see a bridge" when you are infact looking at a wall

So there is no ready Remere Map Editor ready for those source ID's? Im using a Emporia RL map server which I will be editing a alot. Going crazy here last thing to fix before launch -.-
I tried use newer Map Editor with newer items.xml and otbm and its a mess now.
f9ed789.jpg

Last edited:
Use the items.otb that is used for that map or where the sprite ids match in Remere.
You can try to see if the items.xml ids from the Remere items.xml match better, else you can add them manually or copy the items.xml parts and simply change the ids so they match.

I need to add them manually I guess. But I don't know the name of the items? If i edit the server's items.otbm with a editor to check the sprite for that id and make my items.xml from that way is the easiest way right?
Feeling like delete this whole Zao and make a own island...

You can copy the items.xml parts from other items.xml files, like the ones in Remere, so you have the names and the attributes, then change the ids.
Usually when items.otb files don't match it's just a few ids that are different which makes most if the ids like +-2 numbers higher/lower than from other items.otb files.
You can add the items.xml with the changes in Remere and then look in Remere to see which ones don't match and how you have to change them exactly.

You can copy the items.xml parts from other items.xml files, like the ones in Remere, so you have the names and the attributes, then change the ids.
Usually when items.otb files don't match it's just a few ids that are different which makes most if the ids like +-2 numbers higher/lower than from other items.otb files.
You can add the items.xml with the changes in Remere and then look in Remere to see which ones don't match and how you have to change them exactly.

Edit: I don't know man, its like ALL the zao items is missing and I need to fix all those IDs. The work to fix this is just unbelievable. I mean how does everyone else fixing this problem?

Last edited:
You can also replace the items in Remere with the replace item option, but that might be even more work than changing all the ids in items.xml.
qCQ_V8v.png

Other than that, it's either finding the right items.xml files or changing the ids.
Or you can look for a version of that map part where a different items.otb was used.

I tried use like 10 different Items.xml files to this Emporia server and none is working. Either a lot of items are missing or the otbm files and the items.xml files don't match.
So my plan is to delete whole ZAO and make a new island feels like it would be less work then fix all those ID cuz if I look on the server on 1 id I have no idea what the name should be.

You can also replace the items in Remere with the replace item option, but that might be even more work than changing all the ids in items.xml.
qCQ_V8v.png

Other than that, it's either finding the right items.xml files or changing the ids.
Or you can look for a version of that map part where a different items.otb was used.

But hmm, Im missing files in the otbm and this otbm is the original from emporia and together with my items.xml its gets like this.
In a 10,77 map and version its ment to be an item with name muddy dirt. But I mean how do I fix that? There is files missing in my otbm obviously.
Im ready to do change all the id's but im so confused and do not understand and system to do it.

https://i.imgsafe.org/1dc5ed7.jpg

Last edited:
Go to your remeres map editor folder and click on the client version that you're using.

Take the items.xml and the items.otb from your server folder and replace the current ones in there

Map should be fixed, dunno about the names but least you won't have a bunch of statues in your temple and void

Go to your remeres map editor folder and click on the client version that you're using.

Take the items.xml and the items.otb from your server folder and replace the current ones in there

Map should be fixed, dunno about the names but least you won't have a bunch of statues in your temple and void
Yepp, done that starting to put in the missing items. Which is all Zao items almost. The thing is that I noticed when closing the map after map bug fixings and reopen it again it apear new ones?
Those missing tiles wasn't there before?? Im using Remere's Map Editor rev 213

f4bf385.jpg

EDIT::

Whats the easiest way to find the items real name? So far Im using my own terms but in the end that wont work when it comes to new wierd items. Is the otitemeditor the way to find the names with a new updated items.otbm?

d7765a2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom