• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

It's illegal in some way all of this?

betoxz

Reaction score
Well i had always this question on my mind..
if i create an otserver and people start buying stuff from my otserver like VIP DAYS or EQUIP..
does the police can come to my house and arrest me for being selling stuff from the work of CIPSOFT?

becuase afterall we are using their graphics, and their clients etc..

Everyone does that, whether everyone is a criminal or not idk, have I heard of a police officer arresting someone? Never.

thanks for ur answer, yes i had being wondering this for years and never asked on the forum x).. i hope nobody gets arrested.. lol.

thanks for ur answer, yes i had being wondering this for years and never asked on the forum x).. i hope nobody gets arrested.. lol.

Open Tibia has been going on for years now(started in 2004 if I remember correctly) and I have never heard of anyone being arrested.

I only heard that cipsoft start to worry when the RL maps come out, because now the server use their files, clients and also their map, and they put the issue with the OTFans and OTland admins, thats why a little time ago posting Rl file maps was strictly forbbiden, now i think that cipsoft forgot that and is legal now

No one is selling stuff... They are called donations. People donate to your server and you reward them with a special item on the server.. idk..

nothing can happened ...
I've message cipsoft about something long time ago
Code:
Mar 5, 2013
Dear Tibia player,

> Hey CipSoft GmbH
> You maybe know about the own tibia servers that every one do them
> so i wonder if there is anyway to buy a fully good source from you
> i need source of client 8.60
> if it's possible just send me replay and tell me how much this source will cost?
> i am ready to buy it in anytime 
> feel free to tell me anything .

Thank you for your request.

I am sorry, but we do not sell our source code. None of the open servers were made
in cooperation with us. I am sorry, but I have to decline your request.

Kind regards,
Isolan 
Tibia Customer Support

I only heard that cipsoft start to worry when the RL maps come out, because now the server use their files, clients and also their map, and they put the issue with the OTFans and OTland admins, thats why a little time ago posting Rl file maps was strictly forbbiden, now i think that cipsoft forgot that and is legal now

It was just forbidden to sell real maps.
Cipsoft are not really interested in sueing anyone, they could do so anytime though.
In the end you can just use OTClient and the last thing you need to worry about is the sprites then.

Cipsoft are not really interested in sueing anyone, they could do so anytime though.
In the end you can just use OTClient and the last thing you need to worry about is the sprites then.

Tho since otclient is an open source code, they can not sue you anyways. Since you can connect to tfs with either cips client or otclient. And aslong as you don't have a download link for cips client on your page, its gonna be rly hard for them to sue you.

No one has never been sued afaik. Not even the guy who hacked cip, they contacted him(yes they knew who it was) and asked him to not release the files.

didn't some pokemon server shut down because of legal reasons? it wasn't made by cip though but by nintendo or some shit?

didn't some pokemon server shut down because of legal reasons? it wasn't made by cip though but by nintendo or some shit?
Yeah, but Nintendo is another matter : P
I don't think CIP will sue anyone.
But do not copy sprites from another company they could sue you ._.'

Not only sprites. Technically, CIP can, for example, report you. Whats next? By official request (de jure) you (and CIP soft) must give source codes for analyze on 3d side. And experts can found many interesting in similar protocols, encryption methods, spr/dat loading. OTS and OTC uses tibia protocol (packets), restored by reverse engineering(yeah this is copyright law. reverse engineering is not allowed). Technicaly, without protocol packet structure changes, without dat\spr loading changes = all of this - copyright law. If you want dont worry about legal issues, you need to change : dat\spr loading, protocol structure, graphics, some parts of gameplay.

This conversation crops upon pretty regularly.
Please search for existing content of a similar nature prior to creating a new thread on the subject.

Ok, I'll answer this.
Basically Cipsoft could sue you and they could get from you double the money that you generated, because you didn't respect the Copyright laws.

The thing is that Cipsoft doesn't do that because NO ONE makes as much profit as they does, think about how many World Servers they have, and an Ot normally have only 1 world server, and maximum 3 world servers, so they would never make as much profit as Cipsoft does.
But if someone comes, and makes as many servers as Cipsoft has and they are profiteable they will sue you 100%.

Cipsoft won't sue small servers because that would give them a bad reputation and is not worth to get a bad reputation just because a small server, but if someone is making a lot of profit with lots of servers then there will be a problem.

Also is impossible that this will ever happen, OTservs are dead, there are not as many people as we used to have, and there is lack of creativity and all that.

Here is your answer: Don't worry, they will never sue you.

Oh yeah, and don't forget about this: You will never get rich from OTservs.

Ok, I'll answer this.
Basically Cipsoft could sue you and they could get from you double the money that you generated, because you didn't respect the Copyright laws.

The thing is that Cipsoft doesn't do that because NO ONE makes as much profit as they does, think about how many World Servers they have, and an Ot normally have only 1 world server, and maximum 3 world servers, so they would never make as much profit as Cipsoft does.
But if someone comes, and makes as many servers as Cipsoft has and they are profiteable they will sue you 100%.

Cipsoft won't sue small servers because that would give them a bad reputation and is not worth to get a bad reputation just because a small server, but if someone is making a lot of profit with lots of servers then there will be a problem.

Also is impossible that this will ever happen, OTservs are dead, there are not as many people as we used to have, and there is lack of creativity and all that.

Here is your answer: Don't worry, they will never sue you.

Oh yeah, and don't forget about this: You will never get rich from OTservs.

True right now I would only think one "server" is in danger, thats shadowcores and lunarforce, and it would not be hard for cip to sue, and what better target then one company registerd in Sweden (Twifysoft AB) - even using "soft" xD, then twifysoft? They have like 2-3k players, there is no other server owners who has as many as they do.

True right now I would only think one "server" is in danger, thats shadowcores and lunarforce, and it would not be hard for cip to sue, and what better target then one company registerd in Sweden (Twifysoft AB) - even using "soft" xD, then twifysoft? They have like 2-3k players, there is no other server owners who has as many as they do.

Why would Cipsoft sue Shadowcores? Its just a server of 2 or 3 k people? thats nothing, its not even a quarter of the currently Tibia players online right now, and lets talk about donations, I dont think Shadowcores makes a lot of money, probably it makes more than any other OT, but compared with Tibia? Its not enough profiteable to be a danger for Cipsoft.

And about the ''soft'' thingy, basically soft means, software, Cipsoft doesnt have pattent on that, no one has. You are free to use soft, you just can't copy the whole word (cipsoft) but you could use (cipesoft) and they wouldnt be able to do anything.

Why would Cipsoft sue Shadowcores? Its just a server of 2 or 3 k people? thats nothing, its not even a quarter of the currently Tibia players online right now, and lets talk about donations, I dont think Shadowcores makes a lot of money, probably it makes more than any other OT, but compared with Tibia? Its not enough profiteable to be a danger for Cipsoft.

And about the ''soft'' thingy, basically soft means, software, Cipsoft doesnt have pattent on that, no one has. You are free to use soft, you just can't copy the whole word (cipsoft) but you could use (cipesoft) and they wouldnt be able to do anything.

Not really related to the topic, but i strongly believe you are wrong here. I'm sure they make enough money and more to make a comfortable living out of it.

Back