• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Jfrye's Mapping Pieces

Jfrye

Mapper, trying to learn scripting
Solutions
Reaction score
EDIT: I figured I better update this with info about the server. I am working on a 10.77 low rate RPG server. All of the mapping I do will be my best reflection of RPG style mapping. I do ask that you guys give your honest opinion of the quality/style of my maps. If you hate them, then please say so, but I do ask that you give your opinion too on how to improve them.

EDIT 2: ALL PICTURES HAVE BEEN REUPLOADED TO THIS SITE, AND LINKS TAKEN DOWN FROM PHOTOBUCKET. Since photobucket was blocking my images, I have reuploaded them all to this site.

If its not too much to ask, if you like them, please tell me what you like the most. That will help me to make sure I continue to provide the best maps I can to my server.

This is still in the VERY early stages of development, as it seems I continue to take a break from mapping and then come back to it a couple months later. Working on a server alone tends to lead to less motivation at times, which is what leads to the breaks.

Any help and opinions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

Just wanting opinions on how this looks...Is it missing anything? Need anything removed?Hydra mountain.png

Small cave with a couple Zombies. Wanting opinions on this as well.Zombie Cave.png

How does this portion of a jungle look? Does it look too crowded?my jungle.png

Last edited:
The jungle sections are fine.
The zombie one though..
That sand should be replaced with the other type of sand.. and dont make the borders straight.. and there is no water nearby.. so the extremely mossy stones do not fit with the theme. replace for non mossy stones.

This is the small Zombie Island above the small cave I showed above.
z island.png

Which of these borders do you think looks better for the sand?
zombie.png

Last edited:
The jungle sections are fine.
The zombie one though..
That sand should be replaced with the other type of sand.. and dont make the borders straight.. and there is no water nearby.. so the extremely mossy stones do not fit with the theme. replace for non mossy stones.
What about humidity?

The whole zombie part will probably get thrown out. I just dont like it too much.

could work a bit more with the borders in the last nature picture

The only thing I didn't use raw on in the last pic was the tufts and the grass itself. All borders, trees, and everything else was in raw. What's with the pic that makes you feel it's autobordered?

The only thing I didn't use raw on in the last pic was the tufts and the grass itself. All borders, trees, and everything else was in raw. What's with the pic that makes you feel it's autobordered?

It all looks squary and shit. Try to wash that away with raw. I mostly still use AB and then just remove the squary and edgy shit with RAW. Also counts for the roads/streets in a town.

It all looks squary and shit. Try to wash that away with raw. I mostly still use AB and then just remove the squary and edgy shit with RAW. Also counts for the roads/streets in a town.

u use auto border? lol bad mapper 0/10 rating IMDB cant be good map with auto border

new rook layout.png New shape for rook. Still a work in progress, but the main shape is there.

Last edited:
Wanting to get opinions on this small piece of swamp. First off, tell me which picture looks better when it comes to the BORDERS used. Also, if you could give opinions on what I should add, what needs changed, or what should be removed.

swamp(alt border).png

swamp.png

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Wanting to get opinions on this small piece of swamp. First off, tell me which picture looks better when it comes to the BORDERS used. Also, if you could give opinions on what I should add, what needs changed, or what should be removed.

Thanks in advance.

Try use them both.. The swamp looks boring, straight borderlines never looks good unless its a road.. Use raw, you will find out it will look alot better.. Don't mix up several grounds as you are a starter. Focus on making it realistic. Look at other's work.. :)

Thanks for the input. I've got to ask, why does everyone think this stuff is autobordered? It's all done in raw.

Thanks for the input. I've got to ask, why does everyone think this stuff is autobordered? It's all done in raw.
because it's really square-y, which is what you get when you use autoborder.
When people tell you to use raw, they're pretty much saying to do this with your borders

instead of making everything straight and block-y

Back