• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Jfrye's Mapping Pieces

Thanks for the input. I'll try to redo it a bit and make it look less autobordered. I'll post more pics soon. Any more tips for swamps? They have always been my weakest mapping point.

swamp1_zpsety8ahnn.png
How does this swamp look? Needing options on how to improve it. Swamps are the worst part for me. All of this was done with raw, so keep the autoborder comments to yourselves please. I am looking on ways to improve this piece without being told its autobordered,

swamp1.png

Last edited:
swamp1_zpsety8ahnn.png
How does this swamp look? Needing options on how to improve it. Swamps are the worst part for me. All of this was done with raw, so keep the autoborder comments to yourselves please. I am looking on ways to improve this piece without being told its autobordered,

try not making it look like autoborder

Any suggestions? All of my swamps have been said to be autoborded. Apparently I cant figure out how to make them without it looking like it. Other than that, hows the swamp overall? Playable? Pain in the ass to navigate? Just needs to be deleted and started over?

Any suggestions? All of my swamps have been said to be autoborded. Apparently I cant figure out how to make them without it looking like it. Other than that, hows the swamp overall? Playable? Pain in the ass to navigate? Just needs to be deleted and started over?

Pain in the ass to navigate? Just needs to be deleted and started over?
these two

try not throwing everything everywhere
every 3 sqm theres a new ground it looks weird

Is there too much swamp? Should there be more grass with less swamp?

What about the start of this nature? Is it too crowded? What would you guys add to this

nature.png

Last edited:
Here is the updated nature from the last image I posted.
nature1.png

Last edited:
More nature to the north of the previous image. Ignore the mountain shapes. They will get reworked.

morenature.png

Last edited:
Been a little busy tonight. What are your thoughts about this piece here? Is there too much going on? Not enough? Any input on what should be changed?

morenature1.png

Last edited:
It seems like you've now gotten the hang of mapping with RAW. Earlier, you claim you were using RAW, but the reason why people said it looked like you were using autobordering was because your borders were badly placed. Good job, you seem dedicated to learning and you are indeed improving quickly!

Imo you should just fill in the grass in the last couple of pictures, for me it'll be easier to see the nature you've tried to present. Many of us aren't really good mappers but we can recognize and appreciate a good mapping piece.

It seems like you've now gotten the hang of mapping with RAW. Earlier, you claim you were using RAW, but the reason why people said it looked like you were using autobordering was because your borders were badly placed. Good job, you seem dedicated to learning and you are indeed improving quickly!

Imo you should just fill in the grass in the last couple of pictures, for me it'll be easier to see the nature you've tried to present. Many of us aren't really good mappers but we can recognize and appreciate a good mapping piece.
Thanks for the input. I understand why people said it look like that when I look at it a few more times. I still have areas to improve on to make it look less like this, but I will get there. A good example is my swamp above. When I first made it, I didn't really see too much wrong. The more I looked at it, I was starting to dislike the different grounds used. Then it was the borders and the paths through the swamp. It was just starting to not sit right with me, so I posted it up and asked for opinions. Most of the responses were helpful to a point, but I feel they were vague at the same time. That can make it harder to improve if I don't know exactly what they would have done differently.

As for the pictures, it was easier for me to place the detail items without the grass being present. Makes it easier to see and makes sure I domt place things on top of each other by mistake. I will post up a couple more pics tonight, and see if I can get an in game pic or two up as well.

Thanks for the input.

I really like that cave, looks like real tibia, even tho the rope hole looks weird but thats just my opinion :p

I really like that cave, looks like real tibia, even tho the rope hole looks weird but thats just my opinion :p
Thank you. I was looking at that rope spot before I posted this, and was trying to figure out a different way to do it, but it does look weird.

In an attempt to not spam this post with a lot of pictures, I will post the Post number from above beside each one to see the results as of now. Please let me know your opinions on the outcome, and if there is anything I am over looking.

This one goes with post #30
morenature3.png

This goes with post #31. I reworked the mountain a bit to make it look a little more natural in my opinion. Let me know what you guys think about the mountain shape.
morenature4.png

Then this one goes with post #32.
morenature2.png

Last edited:
Back