• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Just a couple questions - Would be grateful for any input!

KyoyaNET

Reaction score
Two Questions:

1. If I want to make my OT public to everyone - how would I do it?
I want my friend to be able to download Tibia 9.6 & then log into my server.
How can I do this?
Like if I write localhost/127.0.0.1 in address bar, it will take me to ZNoteACC.
But this won't happen on my friends computer.
How can I allow him to access both my server & the Znote ACC from his computer?

2. I am getting familliar with RME (The map editor).
How can I edit what an npc says based on input from the user?

Are there any good guides?
I've only gone through http://otland.net/f480/lets-learn-how-use-remeres-142268/
Are there anymore?
All the ones on youtube are in portugese.

Thank you for your help!

1. If you want other people to be able login in your server or to see your website you have to open port 7171, 7172 and 80.
7171 and 7172 is for your server and port 80 for your website.
With your server you also have to add your global ip in config.lua (What Is My IP � | Shows Your IP Address.) and other people should use that to login (also to see your website).

2. You can't edit NPCs in a map editor, you can only add them to the map with that. If you want to edit your NPCs, go to data/npc.

Limos - First of all, thank you for your help.
I have all these ports open.

With your server you also have to add your global ip in config.lua (What Is My IP � | Shows Your IP Address.) and other people should use that to login.
^ Can you elaborate on this point?
Is there a guide?
I have also made a host on no-ip.com but I am unsure of what to do next.

2. You can't edit NPCs in a map editor, you can only add them to the map with that. If you want to edit your NPCs, go to data/npc.
^ Makes sense.
I opened up the NPC file and I see this:
?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<npc name="Varkhal" script="data/npc/scripts/addons.lua" walkinterval="2000" floorchange="0">
<health now="100" max="100"/>
<look type="134" head="78" body="88" legs="0" feet="88" addons="3"/>
</npc>

How do I edit the responses?

Thank you so much

The ip you find on that site, you have to add it in config.lua.
Lua:
ip = "here the ip from that site"
Your no-ip address can be used for other people to login, it's the same as your global ip but then it doesn't show your ip.

About the NPCs, look in the lua file of the NPC in the folder scripts. With this NPC it's addons.lua.

1. After I replace that, if my friend writes my IP in his address bar, he will go to my Znote AAC?

2. I will work on NPC's now. THANK YOU.

The ip in your server config.lua is to login to your server, not to see the site.
If you opened port 80 and people can't see your site with your global ip, try to turn off firewall or add the ports in it and turn off your antivirus.
If it still doesn't work, you might not did the portforwarding correct. You can look for a portforwarding tutorial for your router to see if you did anything wrong.

ID Service Port IP Address Protocol Status Modify
1 7171 *********************** ALL Enabled Modify Delete
2 7172 *********************** ALL Enabled Modify Delete
3 80 *********************** ALL Enabled Modify Delete
4 3306 *********************** ALL Enabled Modify Delete

I think I have forwarded the ports correctly.

Can you explain more in-depth?
What exactly do I have to do?
I have the ZNote AAC but I have to write 127.0.0.1 and it works on my computer.
But not on my friends...

I have gone into my config.lua and changed the IP address to mine.
This has changed nothing so far..
Can you please step - by - step explain to me how to give my friend access to the AAC?

Other people have to use your global ip (What Is My IP � | Shows Your IP Address.) to see the website and also in their IP Changer to login to your server.
Only thing you have to do is open those ports and add your global ip in config.lua. If you did that all correct and it still doesn't work, it could be that your firewall or antivirus is blocking it.
So turn that off or with firewall you can also add the ports in it.

and also in their IP Changer to login to your server.

Explain this a little better please, I dont understand..
Do they have to use the OTLand IP Changer?
Idgi

- - - Updated - - -

And also - at the end, what will my friend have to type in his searchbar to access my website?

Please answer the update question:
Its important

And also - at the end, what will my friend have to type in his address bar to access my website?

Back