• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Kingdomswap? More like Kingdomscam.

Firemac

Reaction score
Kingdomswap was a project that was unique to open tibia. It had a simple business model, play the to, make gold, change gold to ks tokens (crypto currency) and make cash.

You could invest money to buy premium time that gave you huge benefits over other players. Like a free account paladin could not even conjure arrows. Free players were very restricted. The only fact is that premium time costed like 600 dollars for a month, now the price fell down to 260 dollars, still a preposterous amount for premium time. Compare it to a wow subscription which is like 12 dollars, the difference is abnormal.

Today at around 22:00, they announced that the game is going FULL pay to play, meaning you need to pay 260 dollars for 30 days premium ingame time. This is a scam and should be illegal. They support their decision by stating that there were too many free players playing this server, and that you could make more than 260 dollars by playing the game daily for 30 days.

Shit like this should be illegal, this is obviously a scam. I had people I know trying to withdraw some money before the decision came that you needed to pay 260 dollars to play, but they were unable to withdraw any crypto currency and what they earned is now locked behind a 260 dollar paygate.

They also removed total amount of players online to hide the way this server is dying, clearly trying to scam as many players as possible of their money.

Has anyone here been playing this server? If yes, what is your experience?

Kingdomswap smelled like a scam from the start so honestly, if there are people who got caught up in it I don't even feel sorry for them.
It is enough to be able to read and be more than 5 years old to see that something is wrong there.

Ninja Stealing GIF

we all knew it was a scam from the start lol
there was a thread about it here

I agree with almost everything you said except this part:
They also removed total amount of players online to hide the way this server is dying

right before they removed it, they had 1166 players...

btw editing/redistributing cipsoft files is illegal too xD and we do it all the time (I'm not defending KS, just saying the scam is there, if people are dumb enough to fall, let them be lol)

yes that server will die eventually, for a few reasons:

• really easy to bot
  • really weak passwords (it will be hacked in no time) (they force your password to use only numbers lmao)
  • 7.x map version doesn't have enough content to support that many players, unless they update or something
  • basically only streamers that gained free premium account are the ones able to withdraw money on this
  • coin price is going 📉 pretty fast
  • where the fuck will the money come from to pay ALL the players if they decided to withdraw
  • there are still players in rookgaard that were not able to leave because it is full AF and admins did nothing about it
  • there was a rollback already
  • it has no decent DDoS protection
  • they using tfs 1.2 xD
and that is only to name a few

I repeat: the scam is there, if people are dumb enough to fall, let them be lol

Agreed, I might be wrong about that players online thingy. But now that you are FORCED to buy PREMIUM TIME to play, the playerbase is maximum at 50 players.

Agreed, I might be wrong about that players online thingy. But now that you are FORCED to buy PREMIUM TIME to play, the playerbase is maximum at 50 players.

this was done to keep or bump the token, free players were exchanging their tokens with premmy players to be able to withdraw, as there is no token burning and its only sustainability is the premmy this was their only option

so instead of actually fixing the main issues they chose to close server to premium only and sell premium for 250 usd

what a fucking joke, I'm 99% sure they are BR at this point...

bot problem?
pay someone with good knowledge to make a decent client and don't just use otc v8 (the most easy client to bot) and expect people to not bot

players creating countless accounts just to annoy others?
add as much validation as needed when creating account: reCAPTCHA, creation delay by ip (or whatever other fingerprint), e-mail confirmation, etc

multiclient?
why block this lol, it will inflate online players number and serious players will even buy premium for multiple accounts

black market?
sorry, community will always find a way, no matter if game is premium only or not

blocking respawn?
use your brain and make rookgaard monsters spawn even if there are players on screen, this will take off the old school feeling a little? yes, but will make the game playable FOR EVERYONE

but congrats @cryptomeepo for choosing to close the server to premium only, I'm pretty sure above problems are all fixed now 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job Xampy!
Post automatically merged:

It's still a step in the right way. I didn't think of contacting CipSoft about this.
yes I hope they do something too, but lets not forget that if they start doing it for real, bye bye other ots too

the only case that cipsoft issued an OT was Tibianic aka Medivia, so I guess they will evaluate this thing seriosly, rest of OTS no problem

Every single game based on NFT and 'own crypto' is a scam. That economy cannot work.
It will work only as long as there is more and more new players - like in financial pyramid. New players must 'invest' more than quitting players 'payout'.

If 50% players of Tibia.com quit, prices of gold coins will go to zero on e-bay [ex. public exchanged not controlled by Tibia], but they don't care.
They sell PACC for USD. They will have to close 50% of worlds as income will be 50% lower.

If 50% players of NFT+own crypto game quit, prices of their crypto will go to zero on public crypto exchanges.
They sell PACC - or anything else by micro transactions in game - for crypto coins, so their PACC will cost 0$. They will have to close all servers, as they have 0$ income - no money even for dedicated servers.

All in-game premium currencies [g-coins in PUBG, coins in LoL etc.) are strictly regulated. You can't trade them easily or at all. You can't 'payout' them easily.

The website does not even have a proper whitepaper explaining tokenomics of their KS token, they said they will eventually update their website with such information, but checking the whitepaper right now does not say anything about any distribution.

You can clearly see that they will control 96% of all the tokens on a single address: PinkSale - The Launchpad Protocol for Everyone! (https://www.pinksale.finance/#/pinklock/detail/0x630aeA3d41945A367C8cE920cC247Ee5084EF1aB?chain=BSC)

So 28 of Feb the tokens from the lock will be released to: Address 0x3252056F43f9D94a9ecA182E8B1E298fA46c1f01 | BscScan (https://bscscan.com/address/0x3252056F43f9D94a9ecA182E8B1E298fA46c1f01), basically they can do whatever they want at that point.

Every single game based on NFT and 'own crypto' is a scam. That economy cannot work.
It will work only as long as there is more and more new players - like in financial pyramid. New players must 'invest' more than quitting players 'payout'.

If 50% players of Tibia.com quit, prices of gold coins will go to zero on e-bay [ex. public exchanged not controlled by Tibia], but they don't care.
They sell PACC for USD. They will have to close 50% of worlds as income will be 50% lower.

If 50% players of NFT+own crypto game quit, prices of their crypto will go to zero on public crypto exchanges.
They sell PACC - or anything else by micro transactions in game - for crypto coins, so their PACC will cost 0$. They will have to close all servers, as they have 0$ income - no money even for dedicated servers.

All in-game premium currencies [g-coins in PUBG, coins in LoL etc.) are strictly regulated. You can't trade them easily or at all. You can't 'payout' them easily.
I disagree with you, yea most crypto games are scam, but in the case of an MMO it can work

the game just have to maintain a good economy where the players will want to spend the gold in the game to progress and be strong instead of withdrawing everything.

tibia with tibia coins works just like an NFT game should be, players buy and sell characters, can trade gold for tibia coin and sell it for real money easily (even if its in the blackmarket)

but there is also a huge amount of players putting money into the game instead of withdrawing, so they can stay strong and/or dominate a server, and that's what keep the economy well balanced

Sure if its a game that everyone only plays for money and don't really care about their character strength, or a game like those other NFTs that you click once a day and earn money it isn't going to work

tibia with tibia coins works just like an NFT game should be, players buy and sell characters, can trade gold for tibia coin and sell it for real money easily (even if its in the blackmarket)
No. It's not. Every operation using TC is controlled by tibia.com owners. If you read tibia.com rules - every TC [and account] is OWNED by tibia.com owners. They can block in-game TC transfers [and 'market'] any moment and when they block it, you can't trade TC.

It's all about controlled (USD, EUR, Tibia Coins...) vs not controlled market (crypto). If owner of game can't control trading, he can't stop collapse of his 'own crypto', when players quit game and want 'payout'. Also his 'income in USD' is based on crypto exchange rate, so it may go to 0$ without any control.
In case of own crypto, he can't control it, as his 'own crypto' is traded on public exchanges using blockchain operations.

All scam around 'NFT + crypto' games is about telling people they will 'earn by playing'. If you pay some money and expect to get more money from it, it's 'investition'. In this case investition in financial pyramid.

Tell me what are benefits - for players - of using own crypto in place of running OTS with 'premium points' and accepting ETH or BTC payments?
There is none. Only reason game owners use own crypto is to scam people.

No. It's not. Every operation using TC is controlled by tibia.com owners. If you read tibia.com rules - every TC [and account] is OWNED by tibia.com owners. They can block in-game TC transfers [and 'market'] any moment and when they block it, you can't trade TC.

It's all about controlled (USD, EUR, Tibia Coins...) vs not controlled market (crypto). If owner of game can't control trading, he can't stop collapse of his 'own crypto', when players quit game and want 'payout'. Also his 'income in USD' is based on crypto exchange rate, so it may go to 0$ without any control.
In case of own crypto, he can't control it, as his 'own crypto' is traded on public exchanges using blockchain operations.

All scam around 'NFT + crypto' games is about telling people they will 'earn by playing'. If you pay some money and expect to get more money from it, it's 'investition'. In this case investition in financial pyramid.

Tell me what are benefits - for players - of using own crypto in place of running OTS with 'premium points' and accepting ETH or BTC payments?
There is none. Only reason game owners use own crypto is to scam people.
its doesn't matter if they own everything and can control it in paper, but don't act like it

yes, they can end the game and block everyones tibia coin whenever they want, but its a fact that right now the game is working the same as NFT games should work.

pretty much everyone who want, can sell their tibia coin for real money easily in the "black market", yes tibia can control the market but doesn't really do that.

the tibia economy have been running stable for years without any signal of colapsing even without tibia controlling things and players doing what they want, that's proof that the system can work without control if its good enough

About the benefits of making a game's crypto currency, is to remove the control from the game company so they can't block you from selling your cryptos even if they want to, its good for the players, not as good for the owners, but it can work for both of them

Yes, kingdom swap smells like a scam or at least a poorly thought economy system, but it might not be the case for future servers with the same crypto system

Back