• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Law & Licences] GNU GPL vs. TFS 0.4 and Elf Guild War System

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiXen

Reaction score
Hi all!
All know, how TFS team make money. I say about donations to OTLand and in this way get the new tfs 0.4. This behaviour is contrary to licence GNU GPL, at tfs was made. That fings is cons four freedom of GNU GPL. So, if U(TFS team) want to earn money, please write your own game, not steal from OT project. U make this server based of their source, so everybody should can get your new engine. But this is not the end...
The second issue is about Elf Guild War System, so script for OpenTibia project. GNU GPL licence requirement publish source code only on GNU GPL, when is based or for to project GNU GPL. So Elf stole money from not informated people. Hmm I thing this is very interested to Court. So if you delete this threat, I know, what I Should Do! :D

Hi.
All know, how TFS team make money.
I don't, can you tell me?
I say about donations to OTLand and in this way get the new tfs 0.4.
As you already mentioned, those are "donations to OtLand". Access to private subversion is an extra opportunity premium members receive from our, TFS Team good will (in fact we share with OtLand, as its our home).
So, if U(TFS team) want to earn money, please write your own game, not steal from OT project.
Could you point me what are we stealing, because I'm pretty confused now after everything you accuse?
U make this server based of their source, so everybody should can get your new engine. But this is not the end...
Seems you don't get the basic point, but guess what, I'm sure you can find more here. Oh wait, you can also go directly here.
The second issue is about Elf Guild War System, so script for OpenTibia project.
It doesn't matter is it script for OT, MangOS or any other open source project. Its unlicensed so it belongs to the artist/ author. Unfortunately I am the author so I can take fees for sharing it. You cannot share either gain money for it without my permission. Wait, I did not end: this applies to all private scripts- TFS is under GPL, not aGPL where everyone would be forced to share all addons.
GNU GPL licence requirement publish source code only on GNU GPL, when is based or for to project GNU GPL.
Didn't you answer yourself?
Hmm I thing this is very interested to Court. So if you delete this threat, I know, what I Should Do! :D
You should do it anyway, to understand that your knowledge is a huge, black hole. At least if its about law, and surely Polish law, because I live in here and Polish law applies to me.

I've ignored some of your sentences, because they hadn't even a bit of sense. Good luck at court and take yourself a baton- you may make use of it with your ass.

PS
Answer to question why TFS is being kept at private subversion was given away by me and Talaturen already bunch of times. If you still don't know and you are premium, you can check out premium boards and read all those 'which rev is best' or 'compilation error rev XXXX' topics. Now imagine we publish all changes again... 10x more people spamming same shit over whole OtLand. Indeed, new release takes time (already a year), but its worth it. Before 0.3.6, releases (= fixes) appeared each month or so, but they caused more damage than actually keeping it for more time like we do right now. You got it?
By the way, I'd like to comment one thing... Some people comment that releasing current trunk will take away some profit from OtLand... Let me answer you guys: whole that money is a donation, support from free will. If you donated only to get "latest rev", then you can compare yourself to all the kids buying items on your OT. 0.3 Gold (aka 0.4_SVN) never supposed to stay private forever.
Amen.

Last edited:
Hi.

As you already mentioned, those are "donations to OtLand". Access to private subversion is extra opportunity premium members receive.

Could you point me what are we stealing, because I'm pretty confused now after everything you accuse?

Seems you don't get the basic point, but guess what, I'm sure you can find more here. Oh wait, you can also go directly here.
It doesn't matter is it script for OT, MangOS or any other open source project. Its unlicensed so it belongs to the artist/ author. Unfortunately I am the author so I can take fees for sharing it. You cannot share either gain money for it without my permission.

Didn't you answer yourself?

You should do it anyway, to understand that your knowledge is a huge, black hole. At least if its about law, and surely Polish law, because I live in here and Polish law applies to me.

I've ignored some of your sentences, because they hadn't even a bit of sense. Good luck at court and take yourself a baton- you may make use of it with your ass.

PS
Answer to question why TFS is being kept at private subversion was given away by me and Talaturen already bunch of times. If you still don't know and you are premium, you can check out premium boards and read all those 'which rev is best' or 'compilation error rev XXXX' topics. Now imagine we publish all changes again... 10x more people spamming same shit over whole OtLand. Indeed, new release takes time (already a year), but its worth it. Before 0.3.6, releases (= fixes) appeared each month or so, but they caused more damage than actually keeping it for more time like we do right now. You got it?
By the way I'd like to comment one thing from this point... Some people comment that releasing current trunk will take away some profit from OtLand... Let me answer you guys: whole that money is donation, support from free will. If you donated only to get "latest rev", then you can compare yourself to all the kids buying items on your OT. 0.3 Gold (aka 0.4_SVN) never supposed to stay private forever.

This menz this

Hi.
All know, how TFS team make money.
Hmm, answer is simple, from donations. I am not the first person, who say, that TFS project will be commerciall.
So, if U(TFS team) want to earn money, please write your own game, not steal from OT project.
I think u are joking, about not understanding this things. If he write TFS based of OpenTibia project, so U have GNU GPL project. So U MUST RELEASE THIS ENGINE EVERYBODY, WHO WANT TO HAVE IT.
U make this server based of their source, so everybody should can get your new engine. But this is not the end...
I don't understand you. U say, maybe at 10 years old child. What is it?I guessing. Please -.-
The second issue is about Elf Guild War System, so script for OpenTibia project.
It doesn't matter is it script for OT, MangOS or any other open source project. Its unlicensed so it belongs to the artist/ author. Unfortunately I am the author so I can take fees for sharing it. You cannot share either gain money for it without my permission.
Are u joking? OpenSoftware belongs to everybody, so what u say?! I give u link to webpage, where u can find some information IN POLISH:klik

At the END:
I think and i know u are breaking law. Reason is simple: u are breaking GNU GPL licence blocking new tfs to only premium users and get money from releasing your short lua gnu gpl script. I don't say anythink more, because it's unless!

Last edited:
I won't even bother myself to answer your reply, as I can barely understand a sentence from your shout. You are repeating yourself, as you probably couldn't even understand my post.

EDIT:
* wolność uruchamiania programu w dowolnym celu (wolność 0)
* wolność analizowania, jak program działa i dostosowywania go do swoich potrzeb (wolność 1)
* wolność rozpowszechniania niezmodyfikowanej kopii programu (wolność 2)
* wolność udoskonalania programu i publicznego rozpowszechniania własnych ulepszeń, dzięki czemu może z nich skorzystać cała społeczność (wolność 3).
Just to your knowledge, what is breaking GPL :p About script, I won't repeat myself here.

Ehh, I say u, what u blocking: number 3. But this is about TFS, about your script is something diferrent:
Sama licencja wyraźnie mówi, że wszystkie pochodne prace bazujące na kodzie GPL muszą same opierać się na GPL.
So this script wasn't your and u can't get paid for him. Simple?

* wolność rozpowszechniania niezmodyfikowanej kopii programu (wolność 2)

So at this point you are indeed breaking it.

Sama licencja wyraźnie mówi, że wszystkie pochodne prace bazujące na kodzie GPL muszą same opierać się na GPL.?

The script is not based on it.

Of course based, in this engine you have lua commands, so elf must using it when he create this script and he connected to his server.

MiXen stfu and go to court about it, You will get laughed in the face. He is not breaking anything, He made it all, It's his to do what he want with it.

Go Court and loose and pay some money but don't whine about it here.

MiXen stfu and go to court about it, You will get laughed in the face. He is not breaking anything, He made it all, It's his to do what he want with it.

Go Court and loose and pay some money but don't whine about it here.
VGS3d.jpg

Why don't you let adults discuss this stuff in peace, ok?

He made it all, It's his to do what he want with it.
This statement shows exactly how little you know about this stuff.

So at this point you are indeed breaking it.
We don't and didn't yet forbid anyone to share it, we just _please_ for your own and our good. That's something different.
Of course based, in this engine you have lua commands, so elf must using it when he create this script and he connected to his server.
Dude, go take a lollipop, I won't smash you again :|

-.- lol Do someone understand me on this forum? All users of forum are ingenuous. Don't u see? TFS team get money from u, because they know, they had the best server of OT, so they want to earn money. But all in this forum say all good thing about fu..... elf and others. I never and never get him my money, never. You will see, that at the short time tfs project will be commercial project. Good luck!
#EDIT
Elf: I think, u are more adult. -.-

my friend is donator and he is downloading all the content of the donation forum soon i will publish here the donator TFs for everybody.
see you and stay tunned

my friend is donator and he is downloading all the content of the donation forum soon i will publish here the donator TFs for everybody.
see you and stay tunned

in before permab&

-.- lol Do someone understand me on this forum? All users of forum are ingenuous. Don't u see? TFS team get money from u, because they know, they had the best server of OT, so they want to earn money. But all in this forum say all good thing about fu..... elf and others. I never and never get him my money, never. You will see, that at the short time tfs project will be commercial project. Good luck!
#EDIT

It can't be commercial project, if u can gain 0.4 sources u can use it because it's not forbidden by the license (everything which can be done about commercial it's already done).
He can't get money for gpl program (which tfs is ) because it will be violating gpl license.

#EDIT

I don't see TFS team gaining any money.

It can't be commercial project, if u can gain 0.4 sources u can use it because it's not forbidden by the license (everything which can be done about commercial it's already done).
He can't get money for gpl program (which tfs is ) because it will be violating gpl license.
OO So what TFS Team doing now? Get money to access TFS 0.4. -.- Imposible is posible.
EDIT: So where going money from donations?!

Mixen gtfo don't come here and whine about tfs or elf..

EDIT: So where going moeny from donations?!

That money go's in the Web Server? and a bit to them for their hard work..

OO So what TFS Team doing now? Get money to access TFS 0.4. -.- Imposible is posible.

So why is their not a really stable version of tfs? their are still bugs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back