• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Law & Licences] GNU GPL vs. TFS 0.4 and Elf Guild War System

Status
Not open for further replies.
If u think, when you buy premium, you can all, you do a mistake.
When donating to OTLAND not TFS TEAM. You get access to the private subversion as a thanks for donating. The money that you donate goto keeping OTLAND on the internet. Is it that hard to understand?

No! Because I still say about publishing GNU GPL software for donations. It's ILLEGAL. People please. Don't you understand, that licence forbid sell software? I think, that problem can solve in another way. For example TFS 0.4 will be able to download everybody, but good help(as donation board) only for premium users.
@ Korrex
Who make this webpage? TFS Team. So who get the money form donations. TFS Team -.-

MiXen>
did you read article Ive posted ?

I think, that problem can solve in another way. For example TFS 0.4 will be able to download everybody, but good help(as donation board) only for premium users.

That doesn't solve the problem with newbs who can't compile spamming the forum.
So who get the money form donations. TFS Team -.-

Nope, I believe the donations go to Talaturen.

No! Because I still say about publishing GNU GPL software for donations. It's ILLEGAL. People please. Don't you understand, that licence forbid sell software? I think, that problem can solve in another way. For example TFS 0.4 will be able to download everybody, but good help(as donation board) only for premium users.
@ Korrex
Who make this webpage? TFS Team. So who get the money form donations. TFS Team -.-
Like koob posted (you don't even bother yourself to follow your own discussion, that's really sad, you know?), read this. If you follow 'GNU GPL' strictly, pass some time on reading also their articles, because at this moment you seem to know only what friends have told you (most likely you didn't even read the GNU GPLv3, or if you did, you did not understand it well). After you read, go to toilet, rethink, grow up a bit and come back.
Regarding OtLand- AFAIK, it is created by OtLand staff, not TFS Team, but its what I know and my knowledge can be low comparing to yours :). Please whine now on some of TFS developers being a part of OtLand staff. Anyhow I could I agree with you at some point, we can call money receiver a TFS Team, but only on certain conditions. An one-men-army of inactive developer aka. Talaturen, like Cyckotytan mentioned, but holy crap, that isn't a 'team' anymore.

MiXen>
He probably didn't, but we already noticed that he's an usual polak who assumes that he knows everything best.

Last edited:
@ Korrex

U cannot post tfs 0.4 sources for free on otland because it is against their rules , but u can post it on other forums like otfans.net or some other forum where otland stuff doesn't have power.
It would be same if they would like to sell tfs 0.4 sources(not just buy donator to have priv svn).
That's the differance between gnu gpl projects like tfs and between commercial project like warcraft III(if u buy the game u cannot upload it to others without breaking the law).

TL;DR - some Polak bitching and moaning about Elf and co making a little side cash for their hard work when the said Polak probably has 3-4 RL map with zao and uber donation items making £50~ a day

MiXen>

I' ve just read it. And i have one question: when i stared my adventure in world of OTSes, I saw big count of users, that say selling ots'es in for example: Allegro is illegal, because it's breaking licence GNU GPL. So what's happened? Change licence or what?!

I' ve just read it. And i have one question: when i stared my adventure in world of OTSes, I saw big count of users, that say selling ots'es in for example: Allegro is illegal, because it's breaking licence GNU GPL. So what's happened? Change licence or what?!

GNU GPL said:
Many people believe that the spirit of the GNU Project is that you should not charge money for distributing copies of software, or that you should charge as little as possible — just enough to cover the cost. This is a misunderstanding.

Actually, we encourage people who redistribute free software to charge as much as they wish or can. If this seems surprising to you, please read on.

Free Online Reading Lessons from MontessoriHome.com

You too.
GNU GPL say that ENCOURAGE people to don't get the money. But I say about breaking licence. Gz for read -.-

TL;DR - some Polak bitching and moaning about Elf and co making a little side cash for their hard work when the said Polak probably has 3-4 RL map with zao and uber donation items making £50~ a day
I know myself people who don't even know to write a single script and gain 2500 euro monthly.

They lie to you about Allegro then, but I have to say that threatening those Allegro kids works and it should stay as it is, because its the only way to fight with 15 year old kids selling others work (engine, map, scripts).

I can't wait for Talaturen's answer... it'll place MiXen's balls to their original space.

I know myself people who don't even know to write a single script and gain 2500 euro monthly.

They're the cancer that's killing OTS. It's a shame really. Especially when people such as myself are trying to do something original and interesting but nobody will play. Oh wells.

Can somebody cut him out on firewall?
He's really annoying. And write to his ISPs abuse address with letter of complain, please.

I think that the best way will be to ignore that troll.

He can't sue you - you are not breaking law -so this discussion is pointless.
He won't change his mind, you know why? Because his mother don't want to give him money for donation and he wants to be a billionaire, so freaking bad! Without TFS 0.4_DEV it isn't possible :< !

Can somebody cut him out on firewall?
He's really annoying. And write to his ISPs abuse address with letter of complain, please.

I think that the best way will be to ignore that troll.

He can't sue you - you are not breaking law -so this discussion is pointless.
He won't change his mind, you know why? Because his mother don't want to give him money for donation and he wants to be a billionaire, so freaking bad! Without TFS 0.4_DEV it isn't possible :< !

You are really annoying, you know about it? I can live without TFS 0.4, because I make OTS now only 4fun.
I'm still thinking, that Elf breaking law. Why? Hmm... TFS isn't made only by Elf, Talaturen, etc. The base of this server is made by OpenTibia Development Team. But they don't get any money for their job. So why TFS Team do it? I understand that server and script of forum cost somethink, but I think that TFS doesn't should be a paid software and should be publicated to all users OT now.

You are really annoying, you know about it? I can live without TFS 0.4, because I make OTS now only 4fun.
I'm still thinking, that Elf breaking law. Why? Hmm... TFS isn't made only by Elf, Talaturen, etc. The base of this server is made by OpenTibia Development Team. But they don't get any money for their job. So why TFS Team do it? I understand that server and script of forum cost somethink, but I think that TFS doesn't should be a paid software and should be publicated to all users OT now.

Keep on thinking, if you may, click logout on top, that will help all of us alot. Unreformable cock, closed. You won't understand a word, and I refer to "So why TFS Team do it". Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back