• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Law & Licences] GNU GPL vs. TFS 0.4 and Elf Guild War System

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't and didn't yet forbid anyone to share it, we just _please_ for your own and our good. That's something different.

Talaturen said:
we are allowing you to access the private subversion but unless you are 100% sure that the files from the private subversion will stay on your computer and not be shared you understand that you take the risk to lose your donator status on OtLand without a refund

Talaturen said:
You should also know that the project is GPL, which makes you free to create copies and share them, and really we don't mind if you do so with our public releases. Although the bleeding edge version of The Forgotten Server also is GPL'd, it just means that we can not take legal actions against you and not stop you from sharing the copy you have retrieved but it does not stop us from removing your donator subscription.

Sounds more like forbidding.

OO So what TFS Team doing now? Get money to access TFS 0.4. -.- Imposible is posible.
EDIT: So where going money from donations?!

Private svn for GPL project is not forbidden by license however it's 100 % better for people and other developers of same project (for example otserv) to have public svn.

Last edited:
No, we can just punish you our way.

Then its a threat and by this you are trying to forbid users from sharing it.
Nevertheless, I dont care what youre doing, its your matter.

OO So what TFS Team doing now? Get money to access TFS 0.4. -.- Imposible is posible.
EDIT: So where going money from donations?!
>impossible is possible
best be trollin'
--
i don't think any of tfs dev get money even from the "donations to otland"

Lol, there are Donations, yes, DONATIONS!
in the forum dont say "you can donate to tfs team and you will have access to the new svn"
also you can wait untill it get published..

iam not really good at english but anyways i understand all when i DONATE to the tfs team.

they just want money they think about the money... they think they are a maffia or smth -.- i want to say everybody stop donating because they are getting rich stop it!

they just want money they think about the money... they think they are a maffia or smth -.- i want to say everybody stop donating because they are getting rich stop it!

Doors are here:

blahz.png

EDIT:
Thanks, koob =)

Last edited:
Dudes...

TFS DEVs have the right to sell it if they now want to..

One of the biggest LinuxOS is RedHat (it costs to use) and they are registrered under GNU GPL license..

They also have like TFS a free version of the OS (called Fedora) it's based on the RedHat base

I'm not pro at this but, i know that Elf and the DEV team can do whatever they want with the source ;)

What's the problem, why they are saying that the TFS team are thiefers? they are doing a great job and we should be thankful because they are not selling the distros.

If we want donate to OTland, is our problem, is our money, not yours.

So you really think that the vBulletin licensing this forum is using is for free?

Pretty much all of the donation money goes to increase the performance of the server, and keep the forum licensed and updated.

i lol'd loll oool lol epic failure :D

Let me answer you guys: whole that money is a donation, support from free will. If you donated only to get "latest rev", then you can compare yourself to all the kids buying items on your OT. 0.3 Gold (aka 0.4_SVN) never supposed to stay private forever.
Amen.
I agree with this, it's not like they are forcing you to to donate, you donate to OTLand willingly, and you get the 0.4 rev with it. They are not saying, you have to pay us $10 for TFS. One day you should also realize everything in life isn't free. You should be happy that their actually developing TFS, if it wasn't for them a lot of the things we see on opentibia servers probably would of never been developed. Also I notice how the people who complain the most are the people without the things they complain about. I want TFS 0.4 just as bad as anybody else, but I'm not complaining about it. They put their time and effort into it and soon it will be released to the public. Like I said, be happy that they are even developing TFS. And if you feel like they are charging you for TFS, then simply don't donate, and stop complaining. If you were in their position, looking at things from their prospective you would know what they are talking about and their reasons behind all of their actions.

One of the biggest LinuxOS is RedHat (it costs to use) and they are registrered under GNU GPL license..

They also have like TFS a free version of the OS (called Fedora) it's based on the RedHat base
Actually it doesn't work this way. Fedora is a community-built cutting edge desktop distribution that is sponsored by Red Hat and doesn't have much to do with their commercial offerings.

RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux), which is a commercial product, is released for free under the name of CentOS (by volunteers - not Red Hat): the Red Hat media and name are under copyright, but the GPL obligates them to release any source code and thus a completely free version of RHEL can be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back