• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux lboost

iSanto

Reaction score
Hi,
I need to add new libraries to debian cmake: -lboost_filesystem and -lboost_system. I added some features and now, it is required to build TFS 1.0. But... I don't know how ... Must I install it? What than? Add definitions to somewhere?

Yes, but my c++ coder add some features to TFS 1.0 and now that:
apt-get install git cmake build-essential liblua5.2-dev libgmp3-dev libmysqlclient-dev libboost-system-dev

is not enough to compile TFS. He said that I would need install lboost_filesystem and lboost_system. I guess that these two are not included in libraries which I have installed following the tuturial on github.
If you need compile errors, i can share it.

Use ubuntu 14.04 much better!

Ubuntu sucks for a number of reasons. From their hideous unity desktop to their massive privacy violations(this is all over the internet), their collusion with amazon and other big corporations and their violations of the free software philosophy, a philosophy they should be advocating for because of their use of many free software licensed code bases(there is much criticism against canonical and ubuntu for this).

Operating systems like Debian and CentOS(and others) aren't off the hook when it comes adherence to the free software movement for their use of proprietary binary blobs but at least the dont betray the users to make a quick buck by selling data to companies like amazon and the book of faces.

Yes, but my c++ coder add some features to TFS 1.0 and now that:
apt-get install git cmake build-essential liblua5.2-dev libgmp3-dev libmysqlclient-dev libboost-system-dev

is not enough to compile TFS. He said that I would need install lboost_filesystem and lboost_system. I guess that these two are not included in libraries which I have installed following the tuturial on github.
If you need compile errors, i can share it.
Yeah, but i bring up my problem. :(

apt-get install boost-all

that will install what you need plus alot more.

You could also just do:

apt-get install boost-filesystem boost-system

I got such an errors:

root:~# apt-get install boost-all
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package boost-all

root:~# apt-get install boost-filesystem boost-system
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package boost-filesystem
E: Unable to locate package boost-system

Sorry I messed up the names with the ones from CentOS.

Its libboost-all-dev or libboost-filesystem1.49.0 and libboost-system1.49.0

1. Tell your programmer to get his act together and to do a proper job
2. Try this:

In CMakeLists.txt go to line 34 and add "filesystem" after "system". So line will look like this:
Code:
find_package(Boost 1.42.0 COMPONENTS system filesystem REQUIRED)
Then re-run the cmake command and compile.

1. Tell your programmer to get his act together and to do a proper job
2. Try this:

In CMakeLists.txt go to line 34 and add "filesystem" after "system". So line will look like this:
Code:
find_package(Boost 1.42.0 COMPONENTS system filesystem REQUIRED)
Then re-run the cmake command and compile.

Thank you, your second advise has solved my issue. :)

Back