• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[League of Legends] General Discussion

dota 2 infomation got released in the start of november, and its may, and still no infomation, gogo dota 2

dota 2 infomation got released in the start of november, and its may, and still no infomation, gogo dota 2

Yes, There is plenty of information.. A interview was done yesterday with Gabe Newell:

What is Valve up to these days:

We just got Portal 2 out the door. We have DotA 2 coming.

Concerning DotA 2 - how does Valve plan on differentiating it from League of Legends?

We have a lot of confidence in IceFrogs designs - he's continuing to drive forward with what he thinks is the best experience for DotA players and that's what we're trying to do with DotA 2.

In general we never found it really helpful to think about what other game companies are doing - it tends not to help you make better decisions, so we tend to be a lot more interested in what happens in play tests. So when people come in to play the game we watch them and see what is working for them and what isn't. It's almost always led us in more productive directions than chasing product decisions that other companies are making.

Small glimpse into their stance on servers

If you look into something simple like server provisioning, the number of servers that the game community puts up is orders of magnitude larger than what any individual company can put up. That's not some hand-wavy kind of thing - its just like the number of servers, the bandwidth that they allocate, the processing power they represent is hugely greater.

Their stance on microtransactions

When we look at creating a market place for (?) content, what we're really seeing is the opportunity for the community to create content for itself. So, with the Polycount Pack, each of the people involved made over $40k a piece in two weeks. When you look at an animator working on the next transformer movie - the lead animator makes $130,000 an year - so when you look at how creative people get compensated for what they're doing, you see that the opportunity there is to create a system in which the community is very directly participating in the creation of, and rewarding of, making those experiences better - and that to us is a super interesting opportunity. When we can not only say hey put up a server - we can say take what people love and push it even further - and do it instead of a day job - that we think is super exciting. Because near as we can tell, when you create a framework in which the players are contributing to the content, (players) should be able to build one or two orders of magnitude more experience for people than would be possible otherwise. So that for us is the really interesting opportunity going forward. So we're putting all those pieces in place and thinking about how do you do aggregation, how do you say to somebody you're building something that relies on other peoples pieces, like if I'm building a single player experience then I need maps and models and animations, so how does the community reward people for having a lot of aggregated pieces of content.

The fundamental thing we're trying to figure out is what's the framework to put in place so that the community can both create and reward the creation of more content - that's the big challenge that I think we're struggling with in the next year or two.

Regarding the Source engine and it's relevance in the future

A lot of the things we've been able to do we've been able to do because we're always building on a robust and stable code set. And at some point there is likely to be a set of changes that necessitate fundamental architectural changes, and that's when we would respond with going in and doing more fundamental re-architect'ing. In general our approaches have been to try to think about how to make ourselves as productive as possible - its always tempting as a programmer you want to throw everything away and start from scratch but then you go and look and you say actually I'm a lot better off if I keep this stuff stable and then only destabilise a small portion of my code base as possible - and you look back over time you find that shipping often and continuing to iterate and move forward is a way that you give more value to your customers.

(...) But Source has proven to be pretty resilient in terms of what we've been able to do - and I think when people see DotA 2 they will be really surprised at how far we are able to move the technology forward starting from Half Life 2 to a completely different game genre with radically different graphics, physics, lighting, visibility and all these other pieces.

What does Gabe play?

I love to play games! That's part of the reward of being in the games industry. As a player I tend to be pretty obsessed to a particular genre. Right now for me its DotA 2 - it's like I go "I could play a different game" OR I could play more Dota 2 - right now Dota 2 has me by the scruff of the neck.

[video=youtube;DMgfPU9y3yo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMgfPU9y3yo&feature=youtu.be[/video] Interview on YouTube

learn ppl:
NZ5TgMGvwc.png

Also, To embarass you a little Jew,

Hq5LGIkFad.png

He edited in photoshop to make it say Normal game :) Pathetic. Happy u got theese kills in custom game.. Wow.

Once agian, Super Pathetic.

[video=youtube;vU0lIAxKITk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU0lIAxKITk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

CC calls now Tanacity. It does reduce all disables durations
Applies also on Blinds and Silences
1 Tanacity = 1% decrases all disables duration

Little Jarvan nerf
Shen nerf
Nocturne nerf
Big Karthus nerf
Gankplank buff
Sunfire Cap nerf
Wits end remake - It does not remove mana with extra dmg now (My Swain is happy :D)
Now it gives you magic resist stacks 5 per 1 max 4 stacks for 5 seconds

Tanacity:
It does not stack, the item with highest value works, so Mercury Threads gives most

New items:
Cloak and Dagger
+20% attack speed, +20% crit strike chance +25 Tanacity, 1450 gold (Cloak of Agility and Dagger + recipe)

Moonflair Spellblade
+50 AP, +25 Tanacity, 1290 gold (Blasting Wand + recipe)

Eleisa's Miracle
+25 HP regen per 5 sec, +20 Mana regen per 5 sec, +25 Tanacity (Philosopher's Stone + recipe)

Hate this patch.. They nerf karthus, probably cuz noobs on normal games cry when they die by karth ulti, instead of countering it so easy -.- ffuu riot

@up totally fail items :p ur missing most important and gold efficent tank item.. aegis. and dont stack warmogs and thornmail is not a very good item either. randiums or frozen is alot better. also dont go ap :) full out tank on cho = win

I'm selling my level 30 account with legendary kog skins (15$) alot of 6300 champs, 7 more skins, frost ez, blackbelt udyr, yellow malzahar, anivia skin... ALL for 20$... cheap-------------------pm me--------------------------------

Last edited:
[video=youtube;vU0lIAxKITk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU0lIAxKITk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

CC calls now Tanacity. It does reduce all disables durations
Applies also on Blinds and Silences
1 Tanacity = 1% decrases all disables duration

Little Jarvan nerf
Shen nerf
Nocturne nerf
Big Karthus nerf
Gankplank buff
Sunfire Cap nerf
Wits end remake - It does not remove mana with extra dmg now (My Swain is happy :D)
Now it gives you magic resist stacks 5 per 1 max 4 stacks for 5 seconds

Tanacity:
It does not stack, the item with highest value works, so Mercury Threads gives most

New items:
Cloak and Dagger
+20% attack speed, +20% crit strike chance +25 Tanacity, 1450 gold (Cloak of Agility and Dagger + recipe)

Moonflair Spellblade
+50 AP, +25 Tanacity, 1290 gold (Blasting Wand + recipe)

Eleisa's Miracle
+25 HP regen per 5 sec, +20 Mana regen per 5 sec, +25 Tanacity (Philosopher's Stone + recipe)

Guess it depends on how you build Shen, but overall Shen's Ki strike rework seems to be stronger now.

Also the removal of the mana burn from wits burn, is kinda meh, I liked it how it was..

Guess it depends on how you build Shen, but overall Shen's Ki strike rework seems to be stronger now.

Also the removal of the mana burn from wits burn, is kinda meh, I liked it how it was..

well.. wits was too crazy vs mages before lol but still is super crazy ^^ and its not stronger ki strike on shen unless u build 2 warmogs lol

Back