• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Let's learn how to use Remere's !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prest

الله ليس أكبر
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to my guide on how to use remere's, here I will show some basic tricks to boost your speed while mapping as well as some tips on how to do certain things. (I will make the thread all pretty once it's finished.)
TABLE OF CONTENT

(Click on the name to be redirected to the location of that particular tutorial) There's more to the tutorials, I'm just not done yet

First thing we're going to learn are some basic shortcut keys.
The first one I will explain is "J", simply press the letter J and this should pop up
kW9Sf.png

What does this do? It's simple, you basically type anything and it will give you a list of items with similar name to that, it's useful to quickly locate items that you don't know exactly where they are.. Let's say you want to find a "Nightmare doll" but you don't know it's full name nor where it is, you simply type any key words such as "Night" "Mare" "doll" and this will show up, I'll type Doll.
6RTDk.png

As you can see, it shows a list of a bunch of dolls, and there is the item I'm looking for.. the nightmare doll.. now watch what happens when you double click on it
PAESQ.png

It takes me to where it is!...
So let's make this short. J makes a window where you type anything and it will show a list of items with similar names to what you've typed..
Let's start with another shortcut.
Let's talk about the shortcut "O" when unpressed, the map looks like this
8wmlE.png

It looks normal right? but when you press O it looks like this.
MsIJP.png

Those reddish tiles that you see under the bushes are where the person can't walk by, anything with the redish tile color on it means that the player cant walk over it, this is useful when you add an item that may look like you cant walk past it but you actually can.. Example:
77B18.png

since the tile underneath the archway is red, players cant walk by it. But look what happens if I do this. By removing the mountain border now it allowsplayers to walk inside the mountain thus it shows the tiles without the red spots.
Wl0mT.png

Okay let's move onto another shortcut.
The next shortcut is "S" which stands for Spawn. What it does is if turned off, the map looks like this.
j0yQq.png

But watch what happens when I turn it on (Just press S)
3yMOs.png

Now you're wondering whats that pink thing on the center and what are all those reddish tiles in a square form? That is called a Spawn, this is the range in which the monster can move, if it moves out of it, it will disappear. How do you make a "Spawn"? You go to the Creature palette and select any category, The categories are self-explanatory.. on the Human category you'll find creatures that are human-like, if you click on Animals category, you will find animals.. Okay now let's keep going on how to add a spawn. Click on the animal you want, now on the bottom it should say Place Spawn.
ekaB6.png

Click on that and this should appear.
cHHFe.png

(it moves with your mouse) now let's say you want to make it bigger. You go to Spawn size and change the number to a higher number, the higher the number is, the bigger it is, 30 is the maximum size.
FEoF9.png

Okay now you know how to make it bigger, and to place it, just click on the tile you want the spawn to be on, now you're wondering what the hell is this thing?
IzzQ8.png

That purple thing indicates where the center of the spawn is, btw you cannot put monsters outside of the spawn.. and to add a monster, just click on the monster, click on Place Creature and put it on the map whereever you want it, now you're asking what's that 60 on the left of Place Creature?
jj9vV.png

This is the time it takes for the monster to respawn when there's nobody near it. 60 means it will appear in 60 seconds (1 minute), change the normal to increase/decrease it's spawn time.
( I know i skipped some shortcuts but those aren't really useful and will only be used if you REALLY need to use it)
Now let's talk about some of the functions of Remeres. I will also explain how to make a house. This part will also cover what's the shortcut E for.​
NEXT POST, NO MORE PICS ALLOWED IN THIS POST. SEE POST BELOW

Last edited:
Go to terrain palette > Town and let's talk about the functions that are on the bottom.
ORGFC.png

The first tool is the Optional border tool. This will create borders on anything that doesn't have borders in it.
KfOCL.png

Example:
You can see that the mountain doesnt have any exterior borders right?
g6JcI.png

Watch what happens when I select the optional border tool and click all around the mountain
dtIAe.png

See? It made a bunch of borders :)..
-- Let's move on--
The circle with an X on it.. The eraser
What it does is it basically Erases everything it clicks on.
Remember that you have to press CTRL then click around, look what happens when I ctrl click with the eraser through the mountain
MD7ua.png

It erased everything on it's path, now lets keep erasing (keep in mind that it does not erase spawns and creatures
F9j66.png

To erase a spawn or a creature you have to right click on it and press Delete
EAgQ1.png

Or you can click on it and press the delete button on your keyboard.
--the next tool--
They are the door tools, each one makes a different door.
j9kCK.png

Look at my little house
S14L.png

When I click on the wall while selecting one of the door tools, it will create a door
9hukO.png

There are 4 types of doors and i will take a picture from left to right of each door with the tools.
wsK63.png

The first door is a normal door, any player can open it and close it (unless it's a house door in which I will get to that eventually)
The 2nd one is a locked door, you can only open it with a key (I will explain that later)
the third door is an experience door, you can only enter if you're the correct level it asks for (explain later)
and the last one is the "Unwanted intruders" door, this door is used to only allow certain people to enter (people who are the correct vocation you ask for, or those who have a certain item or those who have finished certain quests, explained later)
-- Move on--
The next 2 tools are the windows tool
RlzWo.png

This is what they are.
tmxER.png

The one on the left can be opened by players, the one on the right are opened permanently (Commonly used in public buildings such as weapon shop and such, while the one on the left are commonly used on houses owned by people)

The next 4 tools are "special" tools, which make something different, and in order to see that they are applied, you must hit the letter E (which shows special tiles)
The first tool (the yellow one) is the PZ tool, this will create tiles that people can't fight each other at (This tool is what makes it impossible to attack people inside Depots and stuff like that)
You see those green tiles: Those are PZ tiles, people standing in there can't be attacked.
ASEgJ.png

--Next tool--
It's the green flag whixch is the No PVP Tool.
This tool allows players to do spells without hitting each other and people can't be targeted while in it either, this tool could be used for like a training room for mages. This is how it looks like.
E9V9A.png

People in the pink tiles can use spells without hitting anyone. They also can't be targeted.
--Next tool--
The little Lock. Which stands for No Logout Zone. People standing inside the No Logout Zone are not allowed to log out, this could be used in quests to avoid certain abuses such as logging out in a reward room and when some other team comes in, try and kill them.
This is how it looks like (I had to change the tiles because they were hard to see cuz they're both near the same color)
aeFvJ.png

Everyone inside the yellow tiles are not allowed to log out.
--Next tool--
The red flag, this is the Pvp tool, players inside the tiles marked as PVP tool are allowed to kill each other without receiving skullls/frags, this tool is commonly used in Battle rooms or pvp rooms. This is how they look like
6rkWi.png

Anyone standing on those hot pink tiles are allowed to kill each other without receiving any punishment. (Except for PZ time)

--Brush sizes--

Brush sizes tools will be explained Below​

Last edited:
Brush Sizes, brush sizes are located in the Terrain Palette under the Tools box. They are Here:
lh8hz.png

Let's explain what they do. What they do is that by clicking on the sizes it will make a huge box
kqhJw.png

and if you click on something like grass, it will make a huge square of grass depending on the size of the box:
egNtS.png

There's also the Circle box.
9t2T6.png

And what is does is that it does exactly what the box did, but in the shape of a circle.
OkfF.png

This could be used to make quick patches of tiles, and to set it back to normal (1sqm) just click on the smallest box there is.
6cDZs.png

Now there's also another function with this tools. If you click on a wall, it will make a SQUARE not a BOX. Look
d4fE0.png

And here's what happens when i Click.
d05j7.png

That's it for brushes. Let's move onto the Zoom in / Zoom out and Change floor shortcuts.
To zoom in or zoom out use the rolling button of your mouse, it will zoom into where your mouse is pointing and zoom out away from where your mouse is pointing
Zoom in:
T6mnl.png

Zoom out:
zDhuo.png

Now let's say you want it back to normal, Hold down CTRL and then press the rolling button of your mouse and this will happen:
EBWbx.png

More info on the next post​

Last edited:
Now let's explain how to change the floors and what do they do and how to use it properly.
On the very top of the remeres there is a section called Floors:
e0DMm.png

Now what are all these numbers? They are the floors, if you move onto floor 6 you will go 1 floor up, if you go to floor 8 you will go 1 floor beneath SURFACE. You cannot see anything that's under floor 7 so anything under floor 7 is considered "underground" or "cave".
To quickly change floors, hold down Ctrl and roll your mouse. Roll North to go down 1 floor, roll South to go up 1 floor.
Now let's say you want to make a 2 floors house, this is how you do it, you make your shape of the house on floor 1:
bDoLi.png

then you go to floor 6 and add walls, remember that things could be seen from below the floor 6, try to keep the shape of the first floor to prevent any bugs, and also in this picture you can see that the first floor is abit darker isnt it?
bDoLi.png

To fix that press Q and it will show up like this
eh56.png

However sometimes it's better to keep Q off otherwise you might get confused on what floor youre on.
Okay so now I made my 2nd floor house
GdGRb.png

and now I press Q to see how it looks.
eLVvy.png

Now let's say you want to see the first floor of your house, just simply go to the main floor (7) and you can see everything of your first floor:
3wdsi.png

Don't forget to add the roof to your house aswell :)..
On the post beneath I will explain the Cave floors. and btw in game they call them -1 -2 -3 and so on, so if you're on the main floor of a cave and someone tells you go -2, they want you to go down 2 holes beneath the cave, so you're 2 floors deeper into the cave.​

Last edited:
Negative floors. Negative floors are the floors beneath 7, those cannot be seen from the surface, so in order to go UNDER you'd have to use a hole or a ladder and stuff like that, and if you're on a mountain and you want to make some mountains underground you'd have to use this items.
HjqIM.png

(They are found on the RAW palette in the Stairs/Ladders/Ramps category. Now let's talk about how to add stairs properly. If you want a stair to work you have to use ID 459 if you're not using the stair things I showed above, how do you know when to use the ones above or when to use 459? Here it will show..
To climb onto a mountain you'd something like this:
dfQPi.png

then you go 1 floor up and add ID 459
8TClc.png

And now the stair works, and let me show you where the ID 459 goes so you don't get confused.
vM5Cu.png

These are the locations of the ID 459 for the different angels of stairs. Okay now lets say you want to add a stair INSIDE the mountain.
Pu91q.png

To make it work you gotta go up 1 floor and find where the stair is (remove some tiles so you can see it better)
mA6ne.png

To make the stair work you gotta add one of the stairs showed above (These
3Fkn0.png
)
Since the stairs are facing north I gotta use this one. (ID 6130)
cVa64.png

I gotta add it exactly on the correct spot, which is here
TtaZ4.png

And now just add the floors around the stair
aqgN.png

And now you've got a working stair. Now let's move onto Holes and Rope spots.
To make this work so you can rope up again
Nl0LM.png

You gotta go down 1 floor and add a rope spot EXACTLY where the hole is otherwise when you go down, you wont land on top of the rope spot (unless you want it like that)
so an easy trick to know exactly where it is, is choose the rope spot
kj6tm.png

Place your mouse over the hole.
GpNJo.png

And ctrl roll north (one tick) and place the rope spot.
QrylO.png

And to verify that its correct, place your mouse over the rope spot and go 1 floor up and see if they are on the same spot, and now you've got a working hole/rope spot. BTW this also works with sewers (
MMWHx.png
)
Just replace the Hole with the Sewer and you can replace the Rope spot with a ladder and it works aswell.​

Last edited:
How to make items unmoveable / unpickable?
Let's begin with how to make items unmoveable. Let's say I want this object unmoveable.
o2zM.png

What you do is that you right click it
uzElO.png

Click on properties
lgjqO.png

And change the ActionID to any random ID that isnt used before.
2WEo6.png

Then click okay and now players cant move it.
Now let's say I want to showoff an Item but without letting players grab it.
I want to show this item.
1dIDK.png

There are several ways to make it ungrabable, one of them is putting spikes on it. (those dots are spikes)
vbCUs.png

People can't grab it now, another way is adding "Something sparkly"
ZBgL6.png

And now they can't grab it..

KK mroe info will be added later, I'm tired. Leave suggestions on what to explain next.​

Last edited:
k im done for now, i will add more stuff later, leave suggestions on what to explain.
I will add a table of content when im done with the tutorial so if youre looking for something specifically, you can find it easily.

Last edited:
Great! finally someone releasing najs RME tutorial :D

Sick, should be sticky, great jobbb

Sticky for sure! Great job Prest!

;Edit;

Could you make how to convert a map to the higher clients? like 8.54 -> 9.x?

Thank you, currently busy, will try to add a section on how to import maps to an exact location.

I'm having difficulties importing dat/spr for 8.6. I enter the proper location but the message pops up again and goes in an endless loop. Even though I am sure that the client is 8.6.

Is there anything you can help me with? Posted here since it is afterall a RME tutorial.

How to make chest give items
First put down a chest (works with bodies and any other containers)
nME14.png

Now right click it and open up properties, something like this should pop up
pQp6m.png

Always put the ActionID to 2000 so it gives u the item, and on the Unique ID put a number that hasnt been used, this will add a storage value so you cant get the item twice.
b3nW.png

Now your chest works, but we gotta add the items, to add items just simply double click on one of the black boxes and search for the item you want as reward.
Chygu.png

You can add more items by clicking the other boxes, okay so you want it to give 3 cc as reward but you want them to be stacked, you simply double click on the coin and this will pop up.
hHxwZ.png

And where it says Count: 1, change it to the amount of CC it should give, let's say 3, it should say Count: 3. Then press Okay to all, and now you've got a working chest.​

Last edited:
Thanks! Slatera your spr and dat aren't the right size for the rme

That client did not work either. Is there something wrong with the installed RME? Because I got it from rmemapeditor.net, and since the .com website could not be reached I thought that would be the official site. :<

Sry for the double post but I would like my tutorial posts to be free from any trash..
Let's learn how to import maps!
Okay let's see you have 1 saved map but you want to combine it with another, well there's a function to do that, and in this post I will teach you how to do it.
Before I begin, let me tell you that X goes horizontally ( goes like this <------------> ) and Y goes vertically ( up and down), The more you go to the right, the more the X increases, the more you go to the left, the more the X decreases, if you go up, the Y decreases, if you go down, the Y increases.
The CENTER of the map (not YOUR map, but REMERES map) is x: 1025, y: 1025 z: 7 (Z is the floor)
Now I'm going to teach you how to import it to an exact location, this is abit hard but if you REALLY want it there, you'll do it.
Open the "Real" map, the map where the OTHER map will get imported to. Then go to File (top left corner) > Import > Import map, and this should pop-up
QhHB8.png

Now browse and find your map that you want to import and press okay
qoQyG.png

Okay now you see this
iOt4T.png

Here is how you will measure where you want your map, keep in mind that you have to start off at the center of remere's map (1025 / 1025 / 7), you might need a calculator for this, depending on where you want your map, let's say you want it right from the center, at around here: (my circle indicates where i want it )
J8fVR.png

You're going to have to be looking at the bottom of remeres and abit to the right where it shows this
M3GQb.png

These are the coordinates where your mouse is currently at.
Now as you can see, the coordinates where I want my map are
FjrIJ.png

Now if you're bad at math, open up a calculator and do 1062 - 1025, it gives 37 right
Now that means that your X offset: is 37
Now go Import > Import Map, select your map, and write X offset 37. if you want the map norther you write Y offset -10
And look! my map was imported at around where I wanted it.
WbLHa.png

It's a tricky tool and it takes time to get the perfect coordinates, but simply remember this
X = Left LESS Right More
Y = Up Less Down More
always substract from 1025 (center of remeres) and whatever number it gives you, thats the offset. If you get a negative number it means that the offset is -X
IF YOU WANT THE MAP TO BE SOUTH FROM CENTER OR RIGHT FROM CENTER, THE NUMBER MUST BE A POSITIVE, IF YOU WANT IT NORTH OR LEFT THE NUMBER IS A NEGATIVE, JUST WRITE -10 or something and it will go left or up depending if you wrote it on the X or on the Y

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back