• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Let's learn how to use Remere's !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually just remember it and type it, but this is to show how you can do it without having to constantly check.

That client did not work either. Is there something wrong with the installed RME? Because I got it from rmemapeditor.net, and since the .com website could not be reached I thought that would be the official site. :<

The problem is probably the size of the spr. and dat. Everytime you use that client Cipsoft patches the spr and dat. Try downloading this: Tibia 8.6 dat/spr[SAFE]
After the download use the RME to find the spr. and dat. in the downloaded file. That means don't lead it to Tibia folder, thus lead it to downloaded file. It worked for me ;)

Let me know if it worked :D

Suggestions on what should I do a tutorial about?

And click on Add {Keep in mind that there must be a "town" created and that you have saved the map at least once}

Is this true? In that case it's a bug. You should not have to restart (at max you need to press F5).

On topic, nice tutorials. Helpful if you don't know your way around the editor, and quite comprehensive. :)

Some tips:
  • You can change the size of the brush by holding ALT and scrolling.
  • By holding ALT you can place items ontop of each other even though it should not be possible.
  • Holding CTRL and drawing is an eraser with almost all brushes (erases only the items you're currently holding, useful for removing one type of doodad)
  • Hitting CTRL+Space re-randomizes the current doodad brush, useful for getting the shape you want.
  • Holding ALT while drawing with a ground brush will "replace-draw", ie. if you start drawing on grass, the grass will be replaced with the current brush as you draw. Useful for changing the ground on an island for example.
  • You can hotkey brushes by hitting CTRL+[0-9], then you can recall that brush by hitting the number again at any time. Useful for remembering grass/water and other common brushes (I usually hotkey the eraser at least).

Some tips:
  • Holding CTRL and drawing is an eraser with almost all brushes (erases only the items you're currently holding, useful for removing one type of doodad)
Doesn't work with doodad brushes, it removes every ID that is assigned to at least one doodad brush, no matter what brush you use.

Doesn't work with doodad brushes, it removes every ID that is assigned to at least one doodad brush, no matter what brush you use.

Hmmm, yea. Actually I found that more useful than just removing the same type, since when you are fine-tuning terrain you often want to remove some old doodad for a new, sexy one instead. If I'm not entirely mistaken though there is a registry setting for it, but not visible in preferences.

Hmmm, yea. Actually I found that more useful than just removing the same type, since when you are fine-tuning terrain you often want to remove some old doodad for a new, sexy one instead. If I'm not entirely mistaken though there is a registry setting for it, but not visible in preferences.
Visible option for next release plx? :)

Is this true? In that case it's a bug. You should not have to restart (at max you need to press F5).

On topic, nice tutorials. Helpful if you don't know your way around the editor, and quite comprehensive. :)

Some tips:
  • You can change the size of the brush by holding ALT and scrolling.
  • By holding ALT you can place items ontop of each other even though it should not be possible.
  • Hitting CTRL+Space re-randomizes the current doodad brush, useful for getting the shape you want.
  • Holding ALT while drawing with a ground brush will "replace-draw", ie. if you start drawing on grass, the grass will be replaced with the current brush as you draw. Useful for changing the ground on an island for example.
  • You can hotkey brushes by hitting CTRL+[0-9], then you can recall that brush by hitting the number again at any time. Useful for remembering grass/water and other common brushes (I usually hotkey the eraser at least).
Nice, I never knew about these, I'll play around with them and learn about them before I officially add it to this tutorial, I don't wanna say wrong information or anything like that. BTW my Remeres live crashes everytime I click on host server :S

border tutorial? because u said that I should stop using autoborder and I cannot figure it out

Pretty useful for beginner and intermediate mappers , good job there. ^^ I didn't know about the 'J' thing until recently, I used to search for everything manually, I can name the ID of 90% items and where they are in palletes, FML.

Although if you don't mind, I have a few suggestions:
I know you noted that some shortcuts were skipped, but I would recommend to explain the auto-border shortcut which is "A", since some people might accidentally press it, and you're pretty aware of how auto-border can mess the map up if you use it over some raw-mapped territory. "Q" is also worth explaining due to confusion that it can cause.

You should also add some more handy tricks that these new TFS' support , like the AID 100 trick which works on Draw Wells (to be climbable), Desert Holes (to be openable with a shovel) and Enchanting Shrines (to enchant jewels).

Visible option for next release plx? :)
Done.

Nice, I never knew about these, I'll play around with them and learn about them before I officially add it to this tutorial, I don't wanna say wrong information or anything like that.
Remembered another one, you can hotkey locations as well, enter selection mode (space) and tap ctrl-[0-9] and recall the position by hitting the same key again. :)

BTW my Remeres live crashes everytime I click on host server :S
Yea, only works on some machines it seems, the log-window initialization is fucked up. :p

So Remere, I take it that you are developing a map editor for the latest version of Tibia? :)

Look i actually have my Remeres map editor open but i download a yurots map and it only shows pictures i think it just the server full but i will like to edited the map itself were can i download one that can be open in remeres since it ask for something each time u open it thx.

Look i actually have my Remeres map editor open but i download a yurots map and it only shows pictures i think it just the server full but i will like to edited the map itself were can i download one that can be open in remeres since it ask for something each time u open it thx.
You probably download a whole datapack. The map is in; data->world->yurot something like that.

Cheers, helps my friend that just started mapping for the hell of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back