• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Life's good

If your so called "God" has no properties of man, desires nor emotions, explain to me why in your book or should i say "Holy Bible", "God" Forgives those who sin. (Emotion) for without Emotion he wouldn't care if anybody sin'd and went to hell. Has no desires? Ofcourse your "God" has desires, he desires for all you people to worship him so you can go to a place called "Heaven" 'a magical wonderland where nobody ever ages nor sins'. Am i not correct? Is that not why you go to church and worship Jesus,God? And no properties of man? Jesus had to eat food just like the rest of us am i right? He had to wear cloths like the rest of us am i right? He was born from a women just like the rest of us... And about him "dieng for our sins" What a bunch of shit, suppose he did die for our sins, the guy rose up 3 days after. Wouldn't that break the deal of DIENG for our sins?
Anyways that's just what was on my mind. :D

In the bible sure, but I'm not speaking of the bible. Jesus is but a man (prophet) in Islam. I could not find the right words, by desires I meant the FORCE THAT DRIVES US INTO DOING STUFF which we like to do and have hard to control , God does not have this issue.

I assume he wanted attention, what better way than blasting a bunch of kids? I can't really see it helping his cause atm though. His thoughts and opinions will get attention but his deeds will forever mark him as a psychopath and therefore his thoughts will just be washed away without a deeper questioning by the general public. The immigration question overall is gonna be fucked the upcoming 5 years or so. Racism accussations will continue like always but now they got one mighty weapon against whoever wants to change something in the immigration politics: Breivik's deeds. People are emotional and pushing their buttons is extremely easy, this is why the world overall is going down the shitter, it's too much about pleasing emotions and the image of yourself rather than solving the problems that exist.

Clarification: I have not read the manifest and I do not justify Breivik's deeds.

Does that come from your religion or from the upraising in Sweden?

Religion

Anyways... People have their own opinion on this crap.

I say: "God" is something the humans invented because they want to have something better to believe in.
And they want hope for something better. Nobody has ANY kind of proof that "God" actually exists. Nobody has any proof that "God" does not exist either.
But it's a bigger chance I'd say that God doesn't exist.

People have been praying to God, Allah, any kind of God for AGES, nobody has NEVER been given an answer.
So I'd say God is total bullshit, just brainwashing stuff.

That's my opinion, and if people has something else to say, I respect that.

The discussion about Breivik COULD be interesting, but it does not fit in this thread at all. If you want to keep that discussion going, make another thread for it. BUT keep it clean, if it starts to get out of hand, it will be closed immediately.

Anyways... People have their own opinion on this crap.

I say: "God" is something the humans invented because they want to have something better to believe in.
And they want hope for something better. Nobody has ANY kind of proof that "God" actually exists. Nobody has any proof that "God" does not exist either.
But it's a bigger chance I'd say that God doesn't exist.

People have been praying to God, Allah, any kind of God for AGES, nobody has NEVER been given an answer.
So I'd say God is total bullshit, just brainwashing stuff.

That's my opinion, and if people has something else to say, I respect that.

to make that easier u r god in tibia when u make the ot but if u dont exists the ot wont
same here if god dont exists then the whole world wont exists
am i right??
and thats my proof that God exists

what instead of being god in tibia the highest position is rat. does that mean a rat created the universe ?! :O

Life's good for the bad and bad for the good.
I kinda share that thinking acutally.
I've never seen a "bad" man which killed people, were greedy as hell, had money and power but died with a smile on his face telling "I had a wonderful life, I had power, money, women, I killed for fun, it was so much fun"... actually the ones I've got in mind died through suicide, were shot, poisened, hung, slaughterd, had bad luck? xD

I'd say everyone gets what he deserves, Life may be bad but remember it's also unfair! :D

Well, I'll be damn. I know for a fact that every one here is entitled to their opinion, but, I find it highly illogical to give free passes to a deity from his own laws. It is an irrefutable fact that your 'GOD' will make those kind of abstraction just so no one would question his glory or power. If he indeed is that great, if he is true, if he is real, just show me some HARD EVIDENCE of him, I don't want something that a philosopher dreamed up while he was thinking how to fuck up the world with many other philosophers 6,000 years later. Since Colandus said everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I will not say that's wrong.

If you find that something is really stupid, ignorant, irrational, self constructing, self fueled, a fact that proves it self question it until the very end, because it will be wrong once you analyze it with details. I can clearly state that your 'GOD', your religion and your ways of seeing life is completely wrong, make sure you state that it's your opinion, and not fact's of life. (i.e. "My opinion to the God I believe in etc etc") You need to realize that there are many kinds of gods out there. And what makes me different from saying that I'm right? Because I follow scientific evidence, and only scientific evidence. Which is the solely following the scientific method.

Since the only thing that can me proven(partially, but never completely) is the scientific method, I am entitled to say that anyone thinking that a contradicting, ignorant, bloodthirsty, incest promoter, gore filled book is true, they are no much better than a guy who think he is a God, and therefor their views are inmoral(to a certain extent) and WRONG.

#ontopic Life is indeed great, and I feel significant enough without a deity 'controlling' every aspect of my life. Life is so great, that if you think about it, the atoms that compose our bodies are atoms that where formed in stars, and the atoms that composed the stars are made from the atoms that where made by the big bang. So, we are just as big as the universe itself, because, we are part, we are the universe. And that's something worthwhile to think. Life is even greater when you see it in an evolutionary perspective. How highly complex molecules that replicate them self started to give rise. Just the thought on it gives me such a degree of happiness and motivation that keeps me going further and further out every day......

[video=youtube;9D05ej8u-gU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D05ej8u-gU[/video]

huge-black-holes-stifle-star-formation_2.jpg

Incest promoter, bloodthirst blabla? Please give me a source for that =)

Well, I'll be damn. I know for a fact that every one here is entitled to their opinion, but, I find it highly illogical to give free passes to a deity from his own laws. It is an irrefutable fact that your 'GOD' will make those kind of abstraction just so no one would question his glory or power. If he indeed is that great, if he is true, if he is real, just show me some HARD EVIDENCE of him, I don't want something that a philosopher dreamed up while he was thinking how to fuck up the world with many other philosophers 6,000 years later. Since Colandus said everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I will not say that's wrong.

If you find that something is really stupid, ignorant, irrational, self constructing, self fueled, a fact that proves it self question it until the very end, because it will be wrong once you analyze it with details. I can clearly state that your 'GOD', your religion and your ways of seeing life is completely wrong, make sure you state that it's your opinion, and not fact's of life. (i.e. "My opinion to the God I believe in etc etc") You need to realize that there are many kinds of gods out there. And what makes me different from saying that I'm right? Because I follow scientific evidence, and only scientific evidence. Which is the solely following the scientific method.

Since the only thing that can me proven(partially, but never completely) is the scientific method, I am entitled to say that anyone thinking that a contradicting, ignorant, bloodthirsty, incest promoter, gore filled book is true, they are no much better than a guy who think he is a God, and therefor their views are inmoral(to a certain extent) and WRONG.

#ontopic Life is indeed great, and I feel significant enough without a deity 'controlling' every aspect of my life. Life is so great, that if you think about it, the atoms that compose our bodies are atoms that where formed in stars, and the atoms that composed the stars are made from the atoms that where made by the big bang. So, we are just as big as the universe itself, because, we are part, we are the universe. And that's something worthwhile to think. Life is even greater when you see it in an evolutionary perspective. How highly complex molecules that replicate them self started to give rise. Just the thought on it gives me such a degree of happiness and motivation that keeps me going further and further out every day......

It's honestly very sad to me that so many people see religion and science as two different conflicting ideologies.
It's obvious that you have never actually read the Bible, considering the things you wrote. I'm assuming these are just things you read on the internet?

It is when people start putting labels on religions and differentiating themselves from people with opposing views that it becomes dangerous.
People group together and accept it as truth while refusing to acknowledge opposing views or evidence.
This never made sense to me, for how can you have faith without questioning? Do you have no faith in your faith?
There is nothing in science that disproves God's existence, if anything it encourages it. The complexity of life and the universe certainly seems to suggest a grand "designer" to me. The fact that the laws of physics even allow life to exist is astounding.

It's honestly very sad to me that so many people see religion and science as two different conflicting ideologies.
It's obvious that you have never actually read the Bible, considering the things you wrote. I'm assuming these are just things you read on the internet?

It is when people start putting labels on religions and differentiating themselves from people with opposing views that it becomes dangerous.
People group together and accept it as truth while refusing to acknowledge opposing views or evidence.
This never made sense to me, for how can you have faith without questioning? Do you have no faith in your faith?
There is nothing in science that disproves God's existence, if anything it encourages it. The complexity of life and the universe certainly seems to suggest a grand "designer" to me. The fact that the laws of physics even allow life to exist is astounding.

I am intrigue by what you said. You are basically trying to make science relate to religion, how can you relate wisdom with experiment?

wisdom:the quality or state of being wise; knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight.

Well, you can see that it's way different from the method that all true scientist use.

Scientific method refers to a body of techniques for investigating phenomena, acquiring new knowledge, or correcting and integrating previous knowledge.

Please do tell me more about the "laws" of physics, and related them to a personal god? I could make it more clear, but, let's see what you have to say.

#ontopic
"Life is a phenomenon in which few people ever get to grasp it's meaning in their limited mind"

#Warning:
Please, let's try to be respectful to each other. I really like this kind of thread, but they tend to get out of hand. ;_;

Incest promoter, bloodthirst blabla? Please give me a source for that =)
Literally speaking, God is more bloodthirsty than Satan himself. Here's the kill count in case you're interested (numerically stated kills in the Bible, btw).
God: 2,476,633
Satan: 10

And that's not including the countless times God said "burn this village down, etc" (estimate is around 24M God, 60 Satan.), nor every single disease we have on our world.

@Incest promoter:
Adam and Eve. 100% incest... and I won't even begin to start quoting Bible passages.

You're saying that: a 6k~ years old earth, creating the Universe in 6 days, Adam and Eve, bacteria and disease are caused by sin, leprosy should be cured by literally bathing yourself with bird blood (check leviticus 14:2-52), women menstruating shall get two turtles or two birds and offer them as "sacrifice" to "cure" their menstruation (check leviticus 15:19-30), unicorns (check Job 39:9-12), gravity doesn't apply to birds (check leviticus 11:13-19), Noah's flood, flat earth, sun orbiting around the earth (check Joshua 10:12-13), etc (I can go on forever). Are not contradicting science? One would think that a book written with a (literally) helping hand from the "Architect" of the universe would be more scientifically accurate.

I understand that not many people believe most (or all) of them. But they were reality (some of them still are despite strong evidence against them; for instance creationists trying to ban evolution and teach "Intelligent Design" (AKA RELIGION) at public schools in the US) way back then, and if it wasn't for scholars like Galileo who challenged the church, we would still be living in those dark ages.
You know, I have absolutely no problem at all whatsoever for people who want to accept this as some kind of "spiritual" (I don't believe in spirituality btw) thing. But when you start mixing it with science, it becomes fair game for us to criticize it, is it not? Why should we be obligated to pay undeserved respect to such fallacies, right?

"There is nothing in science that disproves God's existence, if anything it encourages it."
It could also be said the other way around: You can't disprove something that doesn't exists.

@complexity of life, universe, etc:
I have no problem if you want to assert your God as the pushing force (in a spiritual manner) of, for instance, evolution or the big bang. But defying science with no base whatsoever, I do not accept kindly.

There's also more than 28k interpretations of the Bible, and thousands of other religions... to which, Christians, define as "false". It just so happens that some of us go one God further.

Also, contradictions: http://sciencebasedlife.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/biblecontradictions-reasonproject.png

Last edited:
#Warning:
Please, let's try to be respectful to each other. I really like this kind of thread, but they tend to get out of hand. ;_;

Literally speaking, God is more bloodthirsty than Satan himself. Here's the kill count in case you're interested (numerically stated kills in the Bible, btw).

And that's not including the countless times God said "burn this village down, etc" (estimate is around 24M God, 60 Satan.), nor every single disease we have on our world.

@Incest promoter:
Adam and Eve. 100% incest... and I won't even begin to start quoting Bible passages.

You're saying that: a 6k~ years old earth, creating the Universe in 6 days, Adam and Eve, bacteria and disease are caused by sin, leprosy should be cured by literally bathing yourself with bird blood (check leviticus 14:2-52), women menstruating shall get two turtles or two birds and offer them as "sacrifice" to "cure" their menstruation (check leviticus 15:19-30), unicorns (check Job 39:9-12), gravity doesn't apply to birds (check leviticus 11:13-19), Noah's flood, flat earth, sun orbiting around the earth (check Joshua 10:12-13), etc (I can go on forever). Are not contradicting science? One would think that a book written with a (literally) helping hand from the "Architect" of the universe would be more scientifically accurate.

I understand that not many people believe most (or all) of them. But they were reality (some of them still are despite strong evidence against them; for instance creationists trying to ban evolution and teach "Intelligent Design" (AKA RELIGION) at public schools in the US) way back then, and if it wasn't for scholars like Galileo who challenged the church, we would still be living in those dark ages.

You know, I have absolutely no problem at all whatsoever for people who want to accept this as some kind of "spiritual" (I don't believe in spirituality btw) thing. But when you start mixing it with science, it becomes fair game for us to criticize it, is it not? Why should we be obligated to pay undeserved respect to such fallacies, right?

"There is nothing in science that disproves God's existence, if anything it encourages it."
It could also be said the other way around: You can't disprove something that doesn't exists.

I have no problem if you want to assert your God as the pushing force (in a spiritual manner) of, for instance, evolution or the big bang. But defying science with no base whatsoever, I do not accept kindly.

There's also more than 28k interpretations of the Bible, and thousands of other religions... to which, Christians, define as "false". It just so happens that some of us go one God further.

Also, contradictions: http://sciencebasedlife.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/biblecontradictions-reasonproject.png

So because Adam and Eve managed to have kids their way it PROMOTES incest? Not rly... God is the greatest indeed, he can make you have a kid on your own (as with Mary). It isn't incest in that case. Whatever, when people are in denial of anything they will refuse to think outside the box. I do not speak of the bible either, but of the Quran. If you want to argue with me don't bring up facts from the bible. And do not bring up things you "heard" about islam, media is bullshit....

#Warning:

@Incest promoter:

man i think if rlly god killed that number i am sure he killed them because they were bad
and i think someone will make something and destory it with out a reason

you are brainwashed and you perceive a book written by men as your reality..

Written by men? did ya read it to speak? lol.

Nobody has ANY kind of proof that "God" actually exists.

If u read the book that _Arthur is saying that it is written by men u would notice the proof"s"

of the Quran. If you want to argue with me don't bring up facts from the bible. And do not bring up things you "heard" about islam, media is bullshit....

Agreed. They never read this book to speak about it, and they don't know how much became muslims only after reading it and how much became muslims only after seeing Mohamed صلى الله عليه وسلم and how he acts ofc

So because Adam and Eve managed to have kids their way it PROMOTES incest? Not rly...
"Ok". I don't know what you define as "promotes" then. If you mean that God explicitly tells you to have sex with your familiars. Nope. It does not (not that I'm aware of). In fact, the God from the Bible is against incest (Leviticus 18:6-10). But the Bible (which is exactly what darkfury1 said) sure does promote incest, otherwise (according to the Bible) we wouldn't be here, hence the word 'promoting'. Just to name a few of the most famous ones:
Adam and Eve (again)
Genesis 19:31-35 (not exactly incest, but xenophobia.)
Amnon and Tamar
Amram and Jochebed

Here's a cool family tree:
http://www.d.umn.edu/~jbelote/pics/bible.GIF
God is the greatest indeed, he can make you have a kid on your own (as with Mary). It isn't incest in that case.
If you're speaking of the virgin birth, it is debated that it was a mistranslation. I don't know Hebrew so I can't tell for sure, but here's the explanation of such claim:
"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel." (Matt. i, 23.)

Isaiah's original Hebrew, with the mistranslated words underscored, reads: "Hinneh ha-almah harah ve-yeldeth ben ve-karath shem-o immanuel";-which, falsely translated by the false pen of the pious translators, runs thus in the English: "Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel" (Isa. vii, 14.) The Hebrew words ha-almah mean simply the young woman; and harah is the Hebrew past or perfect tense, "conceived," which in Hebrew, as in English, represents past and completed action. Honestly translated, the verse reads: "Behold, the young woman has conceived-[is with child)-and beareth a son and calleth his name Immanuel."

I do not speak of the bible either, but of the Quran. If you want to argue with me don't bring up facts from the bible. And do not bring up things you "heard" about islam, media is bullshit....
The person which you were quoting (Darkfury1) was talking about the Bible, hence my whole post about the Bible. Also, both the Bible and the Qur'an are Abrahamic religions, so I assume (<-check that word; assumption. I'm talking out of my ass here.) it's not that different. Of course that's just an assumption so feel free to show me otherwise. ;_;

Whatever, when people are in denial of anything they will refuse to think outside the box.
Please, let's try to keep it civilized. I'm just showing proof and quotations from the Bible, no need to start getting hostile. ;_;

Last edited:
Back