• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Vs Windows!

Yusuf El-Shora

Herizona-Ots
Reaction score
Well as the titled said, I'm thinking about turning from Windows to Linux due to some source probems like (silence /protection potions)..:(
I cant fine a source data for windows tfs 0.4 contain both of these but i got the linux source full ..:cool:

Here is my question, is it better? Dealing with Linux instead of windows?

Is is easy to learn or i'm gonna face problems learning it?
And what is the main difference between the two op systems? o_O

Also i need to know how to compile in Linux in case i turnd to use it, it's for a 8.6 client.

Need your opinions,:D

And Have a nice day otlanders ;)

About everything is better with 'Linux' depending on the distro you will be running.
Windows makes everything so complicated while SUDO will most likely fuck your system up if you're not experienced.

Resourcewise Linux is very lightweight and runs much smoother, paging and caching works completly different than Windows.

About everything is better with 'Linux' depending on the distro you will be running.
Windows makes everything so complicated while SUDO will most likely fuck your system up if you're not experienced.

Resourcewise Linux is very lightweight and runs much smoother, paging and caching works completly different than Windows.
Well and would the data files work in linux just like in windows?
Or i have to change it so some other extension or something like that?

In other words, what would be affected by changing to Linux?

Well and would the data files work in linux just like in windows?
Or i have to change it so some other extension or something like that?

In other words, what would be affected by changing to Linux?

There are compilers in Linux that simulates just as Windows.

just quick question, Linux for hosting, or actual Linux on your own computer?

while SUDO will most likely fuck your system up if you're not experienced.

This. Early on in my dealings with Linux, I accidentally wiped the File Allocation Table of my Windows partition (as I recall I naively executed a command to wipe a partition starting at the beginning of the partition, but I used the name of the wrong partition). It was a valid install of Windows, but I didn't have the key anymore, so that machine instantly became a Linux only machine. I can offer this advice, be extra careful when dealing with the Linux terminal. It can do anything you want to your computer, but it can also do a whole lot of stuff that you probably don't want.

just quick question, Linux for hosting, or actual Linux on your own computer?
I got a extra Pc i'm not using to i gonna install linux on it and compile my source as i need some staff to run, like i said the server i wish to run got a (protection and silence potions), which only work with the server compiled source which is also a linux source ..

tried to make it work on windows but no process ..

This. Early on in my dealings with Linux, I accidentally wiped the File Allocation Table of my Windows partition (as I recall I naively executed a command to wipe a partition starting at the beginning of the partition, but I used the name of the wrong partition). It was a valid install of Windows, but I didn't have the key anymore, so that machine instantly became a Linux only machine. I can offer this advice, be extra careful when dealing with the Linux terminal. It can do anything you want to your computer, but it can also do a whole lot of stuff that you probably don't want.
ye i heard that it's all about commands in there

As a Linux user for the past 4 years, I can say it is a whole new level of controling your computer. It is easy if you want to learn, safer, faster and funnier. Windows freezes you too much to that same interface everywhere, it is a complete piece of shit for software installing, slow and, as you know, unsafe.

My advice is you can always run
Code:
man <command>
to learn what a command is, and if not available,
Code:
<command> --help
almost always does. Don't blindly run anything, provided that you ever get to the terminal (please do, it's an amazing experience).

Back