[list] CIPSoft lazy solutions

Evil Puncker

I'd rather kiss a rattlesnake
Best answers
Reaction score
yeah I do like Tibia and all, but lets face the truth, cipsoft is not the best into fixing things properly so they like to do weird workarounds to address bugs and etc, so why not make a list of them? :D

pics and more details will come soon

• after a update, some people got unable to go down from the roof of Central Plaza 1 house in Carlin, what CIP did instead of resetting the position of players from area X to Y??? they added a stair lol

• due to a bug that occurred with players gaining frags by convincing a monster that used poison in any victim and it died, instead of CIP fixing the code from his server guess what they did... removed those monsters from conviceable creatures...

right now I can only remember those two, feel free to share yours :)

poopsiedoodle

Gibe moni plos
Best answers
Reaction score
Instead of actually fixing the eq dragging on dawnport, they added trees to the area which did less than nothing to fix the problem.
Instead of not allowing levitate on dawnport, they just took away the levitate zones
Instead of making completely new NPCs and monsters for dawn, they just copied and pasted and changed names, slightly changed loots, and changed what they say in local chat.
Dawnport sucks.

Astrax

Best answers
Reaction score
Great thread! :cool:
The list would be endless, I think that most fixes that CipSoft has implemented over the years would qualify in one way or another. Here are a few:

Cheating in general: They change the gameplay to deal with cheaters (hotkeys, stamina, soul points, ambient light, worms, offline training) instead of implementing advanced anti-cheating technology, (i.e. Valve Anti-Cheat System).
Rule enforcement: Both the old (a handful voluntary GM's) and new system (no GM's, CM's check reports) are terrible. Cip should have hired dedicated GM's, and have the CM's coordinate them like in many major MMO's.
Anti-luring system: Instead of placing physical barriers and correctly designing dungeons, they go the lazy way with monsters poofing after certain distance so they don't have to worry were they place them.

They have fucked up so many, many times that I find the fact that the game is still running sad. They don't deserve so.

TL;DR
Cip = Lazy and greedy

OP
Evil Puncker

Evil Puncker

I'd rather kiss a rattlesnake
Best answers
Reaction score
oh man I completely forgot about the anti-bot monsters, that was fun lol

poopsiedoodle

Gibe moni plos
Best answers
Reaction score
yeah, what's the deal with those? I've only seen them on the wiki lel

Shadowsong

Game Developer & Graphic Designer
Best answers
Reaction score
How incompetent and lazy do you have to be ... seriously, it's literally easier to code a restriction for levitation than to go into the map editor and remove the levitation spots. This list is hilarious, keep posting.

*lurking*

Tony32

Legendary OT User
Best answers
Reaction score
As stated before, instead of fixing a proper anti-cheat, they implemented it to the client. (Aim on hotkey, Full light in client)
And the anti bot mobs, lmao