• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Looking for a team to start a good server

Shall i host tibia or forget about it ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Abdallah Yehia

Reaction score
Hello OtLand
i am looking for a team to help me start our server . i have a good hosting in Canada with 100 mb internet connection . i am new to tibia hosting so i need expert guys , i wont be able to pay money at the beginning but i do promise that we will split the donations between us

Current Team
Me (Hoster / beginner scripter)

Scripter (Available)
Mapper (Available)

Every one is welcomed to say his opinion
Thanks

If you wanna do this and you think you will be enjoying it, then go for it mate :)
Wheter the server will be successfull is another story but often just the process of making it and playing it with friends is alot of fun :D

Just make sure your upload net is also considerably high :)

Another hint: Start small and update :) What I mean is dont waste months/years before you have the "perfect server". Start with a small map some unique features and something other special and update the server weekly. This will attract people aswell as giving your players the feeling of the server being alive and taken care of. Communicate with your players and update the server by taking in account their proposals. Because in the end the players are the ones playing your server. This is also why a huge ready made flagship of OTS wouldnt be as much a success rate than a small project being updated to the communitys ideas. Taking months to forge the server beforehand in my opinion is necessary when starting something like a rl map project because there are others out there and ppl expect it to have some standard quality. But custom map servers I would advise to start small and update :p

You might also wanna have a look at this: https://otland.net/threads/success-tips-to-creating-a-great-ot-by-leftwing.168102/

Kind regards,
Damon

Last edited:
@Damon Thanks Bro . i really wanna do it but i don't know with which version shall i start ?. Real map or not ? these are the question in my mind so i though it will be better to go though it with a team :)

@Damon Thanks Bro . i really wanna do it but i don't know with which version shall i start ?. Real map or not ? these are the question in my mind so i though it will be better to go though it with a team :)
I would recommend you to go with a custom rpg styled map or maybe a custom teleports map :)
As for real maps there are really high demands these days and making it all bug free etc takes months if not years to do. Only the huge rl map servers can to some extent cover up for this but even they are not fully bugfree. Just recently a team consisting of very talented people on Otland abortef their rlmap project, not because they thought they couldnt do it but because they calculated the time and effort they would need to make it all bugfree (they even had flash client alrdy working) and decided to put their time rather in another project (develope their own game). Now if developing their own game takes aslong as fixing all the bugs this is for sure considered to be somewhat of much time to be invested. Thats why I would advise you to refrain from a rlmap project.

Kind regards,
Damon

Back