• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

LUA difference TFS 0.3.6 and 1.0+?

Saferio

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I want to learn LUA scripting I have some experience in other programming languages(not much but I understand IF etc) but anyways, could anyone give me some simple explanation about the difference in LUA codes 0.3.6 TFS and 1.0+; As I've seen many threads saying This TFS or THIS. I just wonder what is the difference so they are not compatibile with different TFS's engines.

Also if anyone can give example on this I would really appriciate that! So if I would like to use script from 0.3.6 on 1.1 what would I need to change to make it work.

On the end, if anyone have good guides that use LUA scripting appropriately so people writing them know what they are doing are warmly welcomed in this thread and I would be really greatful for it ;)

I didn't know if this is the right board to post this thread so if it wasn't I'm sorry for my mistake.
Regards
Saferio

TFS is a framework so some of the functions in 0.3.6 may differ from 1.x however lua the language itself is the same across the board.

Unlike the 0.3.6 framework that uses mainly functions TFS 1.x is more object based using metamethods which is similar to a static class's method this allows you more of an OOP style of coding, not to say you can't build metamethods in previous frameworks you can.

Check out tutorials > programming & scripting section, @Evan along with many others of this community have written some really good tutorials on different aspects of the framework.

Hope this was a little helpful. :)

Back