• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mackan's Mappings

Did u make the transparant to a own sprite or did you edit the orginal watersprite ?
So u gotta create sea bottom everytime u use it?

Did u make the transparant to a own sprite or did you edit the orginal watersprite ?
So u gotta create sea bottom everytime u use it?

At first we thought about having a special item for it, and also only use it in a few places. But now we have edited the original sprite, so we "have" to use it everywhere. I can do stuff to make it not see-through though so IF I want to I can :p
The idea with this map is to create sea bottom everywhere. A map where everything is "full", everything will fit in the given areas. That doesn't limit anything, to me it creates opportunities to create a map that both feels and looks like it's a whole. :)

Yeah, i thought you 'thought' that aswell..xD
Anyway, looking good, gonna add it to Althea soon aswell:)

As much as I like the water transparency, It would get overused and plus in real life most water isn't easily see through

Your artistic skills are very impressive however I have discovered how you created the water effects and such, but I don't think it was something your team developed.
This technology is available to anyone and isn't exclusive to your ot.

Your artistic skills are very impressive however I have discovered how you created the water effects and such, but I don't think it was something your team developed.

He never said that did he?
However it was Mackan who first made and showed it to us.. I didnt know it was possible before he posted pics...

As nikolai said, I never said it's exclusive or anything, most technology is available for anyone with the proper knowledge to make it.
However I have never seen transparency implemented in the same way like we have before.

Also, I have updated my thread image in first post. :D
uhLsRoZ.png

You can do better m8
Lol, those are 4 year old pictures, I used them in Opentibia.net project, I said I changed thread image, not the showoff images. Still No. 1-3 ;)
But thinking about it, I'll probably update to some of the other images and keep those as links only :p

He never said that did he?
However it was Mackan who first made and showed it to us.. I didnt know it was possible before he posted pics...
Maybe this is because you never worked in a framework outside of tfs?

I'm not ridiculing Mackan, I love his / her maps they are amazingly done.

However I do recall in either another thread or maybe a posting here where Mackan said something about not using custom sprites and that it was the client which gave the effect of transparency. So I did a little research and found the sources which is freely available.

Although I must say that tibia's sprites do not contain alpha channels by default, there is a transparent rgb color code (255, 0, 255) pink / hot pink that is used as an emulation of alpha or can be considered a mask but not an alpha channel.

The point I'm getting at here is there is a conversion done at some point where the tile is given an alpha channel within the new client allowing for it to utilize transparency creating the see through effect.

Otherwise we wouldn't need another client to create this effect if an alpha channel existed already in the tibia's spr file.

Last edited:
Maybe this is because you never worked in a framework outside of tfs?

I'm not ridiculing Mackan, I love his / her maps they are amazingly done.

However I do recall in either another thread or maybe a posting here where Mackan said something about not using custom sprites and that it was the client which gave the effect of transparency. So I did a little research and found the sources which is freely available.

Although I must say that tibia's sprites do not contain alpha channels by default, there is a transparent rgb color code (255, 0, 255) pink / hot pink that is used as an emulation of alpha or can be considered a mask but not an alpha channel.

The point I'm getting at here is there is a conversion done at some point where the tile is converted from raster to vector within the new client allowing for it to utilize a transparency channel creating the see through effect.
If I'm not mistaken, Mackan is using OTC, which supports alpha levels. Achieving transparency is quite easy when you're using OTC and an ordinary TFS engine. I suggest you go and check out the OTClient boards for more information.

If I'm not mistaken, Mackan is using OTC, which supports alpha levels. Achieving transparency is quite easy when you're using OTC and an ordinary TFS engine. I suggest you go and check out the OTClient boards for more information.
I know what he is using, the point of my post was not to out him as a hack or fraud, it was to enlighten others as its not some mysterious new artistic technique.

All you people are way too sensitive and quick to respond to post as if they are insults when they clearly aren't.

Back