• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Magic wall "spam"

enriel

Big L
Reaction score
How to fix so you cant spamm the hotkey with magic wall, So its just like shovels/ropes .. exhaustion before using it again.

Add exhaustion onto your server in the config.lua and in the spells.xml for the spells/runes that you want exhaustion on them

It already got exhaustion, but when you mwall you can spamm mwall with hotkey on the same spot, So its unpossible to get away example from a trap.

I had exacly same problem! The answer is easy. Make sure it cost 20 soul points to USE a magic wall rune. Then they cant spam it. ^^ If you still think they spam it too much, raise the soul.

Well just change that 5 to another number then. Maybe aggressive="1" exhaustion="2000" <--every 2 second, would be better for you?

I am not sure how to do it with runes already made but it should simply be add soul="20" to the line (same as you would for the other line, which is what I was talking about).

All of this goes into the rune's line on spell.xml (you'll need to change the aggressive and exhaustion manually though).

Its best to add soul to it, then you can use it when you need it, in pvp, but you cant spam it forever.

Sorry but Decent60's way is extremely bad. You won't be able to heal urself for 5 sec and die right ahead.

Znote post me the script, I dont know how to put the soul thing in there :d
and /\ up.. It would sux in open battles

Go in data/spells and open spells.xml, find "Magic Wall" and remove the line and put this inside there instead.
Code:
<rune name="Magic Wall" id="2293" charges="4" blocktype="all" maglv="9" soul="33" exhaustion="1" enabled="1" allowfaruse="1" script="magic wall.lua"></rune>

Its best to add soul to it, then you can use it when you need it, in pvp, but you cant spam it forever.

Sorry but Decent60's way is extremely bad. You won't be able to heal urself for 5 sec and die right ahead.

Go in data/spells and open spells.xml, find "Magic Wall" and remove the line and put this inside there instead.
Code:
<rune name="Magic Wall" id="2293" charges="4" blocktype="all" maglv="9" soul="33" exhaustion="1" enabled="1" allowfaruse="1" script="magic wall.lua"></rune>

I was actually talking about changing it in the rune's line itself, not the system's exhaustion.
Thats a different keyword (timeBetweenActions).
If you are using a 0.2.11 version of the server, it would be like this:
Code:
<rune name="Magic Wall" id="2293" allowfaruse="1" charges="3" lvl="32" maglv="9" exhaustion="2000" aggressive="1" blocktype="all" script="support/magic wall rune.lua"/>
For the exhaustion on the rune itself. However the soul forces them to vacate that trap (unless there are monsters around) in order to use it again. So that is very good if its being highly abused.

Well adding exhaust is still a bad solution, 5 players will still be able to 24/7 shoot magic wall at a SQM to spam with. But with soul they will at the end run out of soulpoints so they won't be able to shoot any more magic walls. Soul is the best solution of this problem :p

for TFS with soul, simply add this:
Code:
<rune name="Magic Wall" id="2293" allowfaruse="1" charges="3" lvl="32" maglv="9" soul="33" exhaustion="1000" aggressive="1" blocktype="all" script="support/magic wall rune.lua"/>

Edit:

You might say "then add bigger exhaust to magic walls" but then you will ruin it all for thoose who arent in big teams. Instead of doing 1 magic wall each 30 sec, you can use it as normal, but only 3 - 4 times, and then just go and refill it. Soul is at the end the best way of making "anti spam" :p

Last edited:
Let me see if I get this ring.
You and your team is shooting magic wall at a SQM, this dosn't matter of exhaust or soul, you shoot, once the magic wall dissapears, you want it to be 0.2 sec unt'll you can shoot magic wall on the same SQM again, to give the trapped player a tiny chance of escape.

I can't help with this, it'll be complicated. So just stick with exhaust/soul :p

Back