• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Making New Slots

fred2000

Reaction score
--- EDITED MESSAGE ---

How I allow players to use new slots, Maybe by Right Clicking the itens and making an option to move to this new slots ( Like SPARE WEAPON SLOT, SPARE SHIELD SLOT, TORCH SLOT, ( And for me the most interessing =p MONTARY SLOT ( for horses etc .. ).

This is most wanted for latter changing the outfit system for one in witch you would show exatly what you are using , OK i know a lot of people wouldn't like that but I think it's necessary for having a more real aspect in the game .

Any one can help ???

OBS,

This is the right place for changing the slot, ye ?

MoveEvent* MoveEvents::getEvent(Item* item, MoveEvent_t eventType, slots_t slot)
{
uint32_t slotp = 0;
switch(slot)
{
case SLOT_HEAD:
slotp = SLOTP_HEAD;
break;
case SLOT_NECKLACE:
slotp = SLOTP_NECKLACE;
break;
case SLOT_BACKPACK:
slotp = SLOTP_BACKPACK;
break;
case SLOT_ARMOR:
slotp = SLOTP_ARMOR;
break;
case SLOT_RIGHT:
slotp = SLOTP_RIGHT;
break;
case SLOT_LEFT:
slotp = SLOTP_LEFT;
break;
case SLOT_LEGS:
slotp = SLOTP_LEGS;
break;
case SLOT_FEET:
slotp = SLOTP_FEET;
break;
case SLOT_AMMO:
slotp = SLOTP_AMMO;
break;
case SLOT_RING:
slotp = SLOTP_RING;
break;
default:
break;
}

ORIGINAL MESSAGE -----

Well It maybe is a very stupid request but I don´t know where I have to go to make this :S

Sorry it Im causing trouble.

I wanted to know how I can add slots ( LIKE ARMOR,RING, LEGS etc) and make itens that are able to be referenced to that . Like for example a spare sword slot .. etc.
I know how create and edit itens, but it won't work before change the script that rules this slot system .

After that I would ask what would be the best OT CLient for I create a GUI witch ( I think this is spelled wrong :p ) it would be able to see the new slots, and if it would work with cip client ( of course not showing the itens but may be equipping it any way ...

---

With the risk to get a too long post , I have this Idea because I would like to make a OT game witch the outfits ( or as I want to say, the character view) would be related to the itens it is wearing .

Thanks for the replys !

Sorry for the trouble and bad english !

Last edited:
Sorry, was a very stupid request indeed =p

I already found the right place to change this ( movemente.cpp ( and afiliated heads) , although don't have the right skills to sucessifull change that At least don´t in the gui area.

Any way , I would like to change The question for only how I whould allow the playes to equip itens inside the new slots when they are not shown in the right GUI - CIP interface program ...

Thanks for Any Reply

I believe you would have to modify the CiP client, and then be able to modify the OT server source code to recognize this new slot.

Although not as user-friendly and manageable, I'm sure someone could possibly put together a LUA script that would simulate a new slot. Of course you wouldn't be able to see the graphics, and it'd be command-based.

"!equip magic sword, off hand weapon"

Back