• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Making of an NPC

Testerus

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm currently making an NPC that has many dialogs and multiple quests and/or tasks.
For now I'm bad at this but maybe someone could help me out.
(The struggle is real...)

There's no specific problem, so it's better to speak in private.
I'd prefer if you would send me a PM me or add me on Skype: lifehie.

Thanks,
Testerus

a when I go through making quests I reserve a large portion of. numbers for anything I wish to add. I personally keep an updated log of all I'd currently in use and the files they are used in for later reference.
I personally start at 45001 and reserved till 49999 for quests/npcs/movements/actions/anything that needs a storage I'd. I find it helpful, however if you don't update it all the time it might actually hinder your progress instead of helping. ;p

a when I go through making quests I reserve a large portion of. numbers for anything I wish to add. I personally keep an updated log of all I'd currently in use and the files they are used in for later reference.
I personally start at 45001 and reserved till 49999 for quests/npcs/movements/actions/anything that needs a storage I'd. I find it helpful, however if you don't update it all the time it might actually hinder your progress instead of helping. ;p
I also have a .txt file called Notes where I write down all my used action ids and unique ids for quests and scripts and so on so I never get to use the same one twice by accident..

If you want to script a multi-task npc, some npc that has several purposes not only one then I might have this hint:
script the npc part for part, dont try to make the addon quest part another mission quest part and task part in the same time.
just start with like one module and script it.. e.g. think of the easiest version of your module and script a very basic working version then improve it line for line and test also line for line so you are more aware of whats happening when you script certain things.. this can get you quite comfortable in scripting npcs quite fast

Back