• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Map competition #18] Voting!

Which map do you want to vore for:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenios

Senator
Reaction score
.~~~::|-[Voting thread]-|::~~~.
Of Mapping competition #18 (Abandoned house)

Welcome again.
Now the time is over... The created pictures will be shown below here, but first let me refresh your memory a little. :p

Abandoned house.
"Lofiwa" they say, which describes "Beautiful, but yet mysterious" in latin. The abandoned house located at
"Terania's" hills, which is only accessible trough the old broken bridge. Noone has set a foot in that house for over a decade,
even when the bridge was complete, noone dared to enter the mysterious but yet quite small house. The house was quite beautiful,
it was surrounded by glorious waterfalls and magnificent nature. Your task is to recreate this house at "Terania's" hills.

;)

In this contest they could make at least 3 pictures of a place at their choice and if you want to know more about the contest (regarding the rules) then visit the sign-up thread which can be found here!

Rules for voting!

- Don't vote on yourself!
- Don't make multiple accounts to vote on yourself
- Don't advertise or a campaign to make people to vote on you!

Thanks to Loveinabottle,who reviewed all the pictures that has been send in she gave a score to all the pictures which are translated into points and these points will be added to the poll. :D

Now you can vote on the best picture you think that is a vote worth:

1. Ferchox

tournament2oi6.png

turn3fz7.png

Theme
Follows the theme partially. Waterfalls and an abandoned house wich seems haunted.
Poor job on the bridge though.
Score 6/10

Uniqueness
Not that unique, done before and seen pretty often.
Score 4/10

Creativity
Not much creative ground work(border mixes~), and alot of missing sprites.
3/10

Playability
Pretty playable, but it's a little bit confusing for people's sight.
9/10

Looks
Looks pretty bugged and fast done, nothing eye catching and nothing in my taste.
3/10

Total score: 25

Xenios

2dbnmli.png

14mb5n6.png

Theme
You followed the story and you included the abandoned house, broken bridge and waterfalls. It has a decent nature styling
and together it looks pretty well done, so I gave you a:
Score 10/10

Uniqueness
I haven't seen this much arround the forums and I must admit that this is quite rarely.

Score 7/10

Creativity
The idea with the bridge looks real with the big rock lying there under the it if it crushed the brigde.
Also the abandoned house where you can have a sight on the waterfalls looks beautiful when the water goes trough beneath the house that comes from a mysterious statue standing infront of a mountain.

Score 8/10

Playability
Nothing that can debug the player or misstakes, so you are able to walk through this map without being stuck.
10/10

Looks
Overall it sure looks good, but not really impressive, it's just missing some nature stuff that could be added for an better result.
Score 7/10

Total score: 42

3. Jocce

15i9ock.jpg

2dttybr.jpg

2s1p1s7.jpg

Theme
Contains an "old" house and a waterfall, but the bridge is repaired instead of broken.
Score 6/10

Uniqueness
Looks pretty rpg and all of it is pretty basic and done before.
Score 5/10

Creativity
Not very much creative stuff, except for the structure of the whole piece.
Score 5/10

Playability
Kind of dense and the entrance needs an sidestep to get to the bridge.
Score 5/10

Looks
Looks pretty rpgish and would fit for the casual player,
Altho it looks a bit boring and not executed that well.
6/10

Total score: 27

Macedoon

BrokenBridge.png

Overview.png

Macedoon

Theme
Follows the theme partially, contains an old house and an broken bridge.
Score 7/10

Uniqueness
Pretty unique piece, first time i see a house like this.
Score 7/10

Creativity
Very creative house structure and use of sprites. The bridge is partially creative using ramps.
Score 8/10

Playability
Seems pretty playable to me, some weird parts though wich bug me out. The top balcony isnt accesable.
Score 9/10

Looks
The house is looking pretty nice, altho the bridge looks boring.
Overall nice use of sprites and creative. Eyecatching!
7/10

Total score: 38

DefcoN

20keu5d.png

Theme
Piece follow the theme partially, contains an old abandoned house.
The bridge doesn't look very broken, and the piece isnt exactly "surrounded" by waterfalls.
Score 7/10

Uniqueness
This has been done before but yet it is quite unique
Score 6/10

Creativity
The house looks "creative" or atleast i think thats the right word for it.
Some creativity on using grass borders and putting swamp over it.
Other looks pretty copied and done before.
Score 7/10

Playability
It's very dense and hard for a player to walk on the left side of the house, right side is decent though,
Score 5/10

Looks
Looks spammed and some sprites just look bundled togheter wich makes no sense,
It's overused altho some parts look ok.
6/10

Total score: 31

Chauz

semttuloul1.png

Theme
This piece follows the theme as described in the story, contains the 3 key elements as mentioned, Old abandoned house, broken bridge and ofcourse waterfalls.
Score 10/10

Uniqueness
Parts of this piece are unique, a great idea to make the bridge look broken.
The structure of the waterfalls are seen very seldomly, it's easy while making such a waterfall that you overdo it and it looks plain and boring,
but you pulled it off and the detailing is spot on.
Score 8/10

Creativity
As i mentioned before, the piece is very creative due to the bridge, the way you detailed your house and using smallstones as waterfall stones.
8/10

Playability
The piece itself is very playable, plenty of room to walk and plenty of eye candy.
10/10

Looks
Looks pretty well done and sprites have been put with a tought behind it.
alot of eyecatching things such as the bridge.
Score 9/10

Total score: 45

Xadrian

comp183lp0.png

comp182by6.png

comp181mf0.png

Theme
Has an old looking house indeed, and indeed contains an "waterfall" altho it's not water.
The bridge is creative (more about that further on" but it is not broken.
Score 9/10

Uniqueness
The drawbridge was a great idea and looks pretty cool, altho the inside of the house is pretty plain, so is the nature at the right.
The swamp waterfall is unique for this contest but has been done before.
Score 7/10

Creativity
The bridge, HELLO CREATIVITY! Also stone rubble work, but at some spots isn't executed that well.
Rest is pretty much done before.
Score 7/10

Playability
Nature at right is the only thing wich is pretty dense.
8/10

Looks
Looks pretty good with your castle and the drawbridge, the poluted water (i think it is.. cause swamps cant form waterfalls).
Although the nature and the inside of the house is pretty plain for my liking.
Score 7/10

Total score: 38

Happy voting!

Voted for Macedoon. :thumbup:
Tho Ferchox did a really good one.

Last edited:
Xadrian Powah! ;p

But Xadrian ought to get more of creativity.
And maybe one more of playablity

Lol, it's kinda scary how Chauz' bridge and my bridge are similar :p

Tbh, I'll say the same. As Varino.

Ferchox pic, the waterfall destroyed everything otherwise it was perfect.

I vote for Defcon

edit: LOL UR RATING URSELF? o_O

how strange :d

i found his piece the best, now tell me why the hell i shouldnt vote how i want and why i want? this is bullshit, you voted for your favorite piece and i voted for mine. has nothing to do with personal relations this is just bullshit getting assaulted at every ot related for for liking someones work? what are these kind of people? you disgust me

i found his piece the best, now tell me why the hell i shouldnt vote how i want and why i want? this is bullshit, you voted for your favorite piece and i voted for mine. has nothing to do with personal relations this is just bullshit getting assaulted at every ot related for for liking someones work? what are these kind of people? you disgust me

Are you an idiot? All he said is, "How strange" that you mentioned his name, just his name nothing else... He obviously doesn't get your post (me neither)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back