• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Map Tracker

Would you like such a program to be released?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremic

Reaction score
Greetings, since this is no OTFans I would like to know the Admins opinions on Map Trackers. I created my own personal tracker and I would like to release it to attract more people to OTLand and also to become popular :p

I will have some restrictions on the Tracker.

Due to the fact that if released everyone would be copying each others maps I will place a restriction which will embrace the tracking of CipSoft's maps only!

This way a full Tibian Map can be created and new areas explored with the tracker.

So what do you guys think?

jeremic said:
Greetings, since this is no OTFans I would like to know the Admins opinions on Map Trackers. I created my own personal tracker and I would like to release it to attract more people to OTLand and also to become popular :p

I will have some restrictions on the Tracker.

Due to the fact that if released everyone would be copying each others maps I will place a restriction which will embrace the tracking of CipSoft's maps only!

This way a full Tibian Map can be created and new areas explored with the tracker.

So what do you guys think?

Great idea im up to _/ However it's still up to Admins :p

Very good idea, but the tracker will copy spawns too?
Keep it up!

Cya,
Att: Genis

Hmm, I think people are going to abuse it to copy other maps from servers...

I don't think that it will only work on rl tibia map. So I wouldn't like that my map would be copied by someone..

Really what is a maptracker and how do it works?
Oh, let me guess:
Using .map files, converting them into otbm? Just forget about that (My opinion is that it won't work).
Screenshots snorblax blx.

Jester, you're wrong I already tested it and tried using hex hacking to overcome my protection but it did not work. The program checks to the server the client is listening to, and if its not one of CipSoft's it just freezes and locks all functions.

GENiS, so far it only tracks the Tiles and objects but I dont see a reason why tracking monsters would not work = )

Jonte a map tracker analyzes packets recieved from the server and exports an OT map which can be used in OT servers. Since many maps of tibia already exist posting a mini tracked map of any place would lead to people thinking that i just copy the already existing maps. Why don't you suggest an area of tibia where you want me to track and I'll post the map here for proof.

Hmm Jeremic is it possible to make it so it will copy map from Tibicam movies ? so you don't even have to log in to Tibia.

The only ways I can see the possibility to block maptracking on OpenTibia servers is by checking if the maptracking range is above x: 30000 y: 30000, or by checking Server IP's to see that it is one of CipSoft's Servers. But I don't have anything against maptrackers anyway, I already have one that I made and I also already have CipSoft's map :p.

Talaturen you're worng about the global X,Y co-ords since a person could easily make a server where the temple starts at 30001,30001?? I havent tested on a real server but my map tracker allows to get those dimensions. And also why havent you released ur map? :p

Gá Fernandes said:
It won't work.
I supose...
It can be made and has been made before. :rolleyes:

I think it would result in a new "RL-Map Server" Hype after someone finishes tracking some Parts and releases it.
Though it's better to have 10 "whole Real Maps" than 5 "almost whole Real Maps"

jeremic said:
Talaturen you're worng about the global X,Y co-ords since a person could easily make a server where the temple starts at 30001,30001?? I havent tested on a real server but my map tracker allows to get those dimensions. And also why havent you released ur map? :p

.. and what is the chance of that someone starts to work on a map in x and y above 30000?

jeremic, dont waste your skills or time to do that. Its unnecessary...

How large parts of the cip map do you have Tala? :rolleyes:

(want to share?) ;)

Talaturen, forgot about that lol you got a point.

Jonern, I already made the tracker its fully functioning I'm just still debating whether to release it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back