• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MapShapeGen

I downloaded it but i can't the icon which start the program with it, is there a way to make it work? :p

Needless to say, this is amazing. I wonder if it's possible to add mountains and stuff too, like it was a minecraft world.

i've been waiting for this sort of tool for a time now, this is great! i really enjoy it and its easy to use and understand! great job! rep++

Do you need inspiration to create an island or a continent?
MapShapeGen generates shapes that can be saved as OTBM format and open it in Remere's Map Editor!

Download

Scan

Hey dude, by any chance you based your program on Amit's algorithm? I'm just asking because I'm trying to make something similar but that maps mountains too.

Not 100% why but its not building the map for me correctly its making all the grass a red tile id - "107" that water is correct but the grass doesn't seem to work for me.

sory for double post but I got it, had id in properties wrong. Great attribute to the community rep ++

Should try and work out a way to have it bordered as well. would be amazing!!

sory for double post but I got it, had id in properties wrong. Great attribute to the community rep ++

This program is like doing everything for you!
it should not add borders, mountains on the other hand! ;)
still just getting a shape is awesome, borders you can add yourself easy! :)

Yes, support for ground randomization and borders will be amazing. Hopefully when I have more free time I can do some more :)

This program is like doing everything for you!
it should not add borders, mountains on the other hand! ;)
still just getting a shape is awesome, borders you can add yourself easy! :)
I understand its not hard, but the little things that can be added to improve it can literally change mapping. Someone is working on adding a mountain randomiezer as well. Why not do boarders as well if they want to keep developing it further?

Back