• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Medivia and their updates

Next Medivia world should be static 2x everything, so same as Legacy but also 2x loot. I notice that alot of people leave Destiny and Legacy to continue on Pendulum or Purity because of the loot-rate. I strongly believe that 2x loot is the most balanced and has a good future. That means people from Legacy and Destiny can continue their journey later on a 2x static rate when transfer open up. Also 2x exp-rate aims for longevity, we have noticed after Purity launched that after 6 months the amount of players decreased hard, another high-rated world would not be the smartest move.

#static2xrates

Last edited:
The only actual lowrate world we did launch within last few years was Odyssey. That won't be the case in the near future as higher rate worlds are simply more fun for wider audience.

You seem to be stuck in the past. Medivia game client is not Tibia game client from mid 20s. It does require much better computer to run and 64-bit system. For that matter you need graphics adapter capable of at least DirectX 10 (Shader Model 4.0), OpenGL 3.3 on Linux, Metal on MacOS for playable experience. The game contains a lot of shaders (e.g. weather conditions which are common across the whole map). Also, the average instance of our game client takes about 3 GB of RAM (paged or not). The math is up to you.

No one runs "8 characters 100% legal to boost online numbers". It's simply not feasible, even on menu due to high performance shader running in the background. In our development team we are always struggling to run 5+ instances of our game client with high performance computer just to test something on the test server.

Not only that, but Medivia has cheap runes within NPCs as well as store. Each year we are trying as much as we can to cut the need for runemakers as for us those are empty online numbers, even if played by an actual and unique person.

You seem to contradict yourself in your own responses. The reason for that should be rather obvious and you even hinted yourself in the previous paragraph. That is much less amount of actual MC and runemakers compared to years ago.

Anyway, that being the case, I am not here to convince you that Medivia is doing fine because it is, whether you believe it or not does not that change fact. We (developers) are very pleased with the results and the path we did take with the game. There is literally nothing we regret within our actions over past years as some of you try to imply :)
which stage are u at now?
1648398465272.png
i've opened 6 clients to test it out 4 of them logged in was too lazy to create 2 completly new accounts and i had no problem running them for hour also my friend on purity start had 8 clients running almost 24/7 if i good remember 4 character logged in per account is limit (atleast thats what i've heard from friend)

I honestly don't understand you. I don't have any willingness or satisfaction to argue with you, so I will make it short. You have plenty of good OTS around to play on, especially the ones which will fully meet your expectations (e.g. Tibiantis as Tibia 7.4 was back then), yet you are here arguing about things which won't make any difference for Medivia or for you.

Feel free to play what you wish to play. Let others enjoy what they wish to play :)

Next Medivia world should be static 2x everything, so same as Legacy but also 2x loot. I notice that alot of people leave Destiny and Legacy to continue on Pendulum or Purity because of the loot-rate. I strongly believe that 2x loot is the most balanced and has a good future. That means people from Legacy and Destiny can continue their journey later on a 2x static rate later when transfer open up. Also 2x exp-rate aims for longevity, we have noticed after Purity launched that after 6 months the amount of players decreased hard, another high-rated world would not be the smartest move.

#static2xrates
True medivia 2x everything is the future especially after sheol update, I honestly hope a world of these rates gets added sooner than later.

I honestly don't understand you. I don't have any willingness or satisfaction to argue with you, so I will make it short. You have plenty of good OTS around to play on, especially the ones which will fully meet your expectations (e.g. Tibiantis as Tibia 7.4 was back then), yet you are here arguing about things which won't make any difference for Medivia or for you.

Feel free to play what you wish to play. Let others enjoy what they wish to play :)
im not telling people to not play medivia if somebody having fun playing probably best custom oldschool ots then its all good goal is to have fun while playing game

however i can have my opinion about you going full stubborn mode for no reason (sprite update, adding blessing & aol + other p2w stuff to shop) then making new server every year to milk as much as u can with excuse that you need money to run and keep updating medivia then claim that you make more money out of it than when you had 4k+ online

Also, the average instance of our game client takes about 3 GB of RAM (paged or not). The math is up to you.

No one runs "8 characters 100% legal to boost online numbers". It's simply not feasible, even on menu due to high performance shader running in the background. In our development team we are always struggling to run 5+ instances of our game client with high performance computer just to test something on the test server.
i suggest you to upgrade this high performance computer to test as my 8 years old devastated pc have no problem at all running 8 clients for couple of hours and seems venezuelans with even worse pc can run them for weeks

btw its 1.1gb at best per client while running around city even less if its just standing still on icenhaal

I'm just shocked someone made the exact same mistake as cipsoft did to the exact same game. How hard is it to listen to the players?

@Iryont we are here, writing because we like(d) medivia but you kinda forced all your players away and for me and many other it was when you removed the 7.4 sprites. Imagine 7.4 sprites with all those content updates. Would be the best 7.4 server ever.

Would be the best 7.4 server with those sprites, yeah.
Specially if you create new monsters for "those" updates, just with old graphics, you just need to recolor every monster and this will be the new content updated monster, welcome, give me please back 7.4 graphics because I like the water that imitating magic wall and the madafakin good looking grass which looks like pixelated hair from radioactive's yeti chest.

Day, Medivia Diary : The best Oldschool players still complain about graphics then they looking for amazing 7.4 OT to play for 3 days and quit due to their mental illness.

Last edited:
Do you play this game for the sprites? Really?
some do i dont care that much but it was hard for me to convince my friends to play for example zezenia even tho gameplay wise it was (in old times) really similar to tibia 7.4

I think it's just something to get used to. I've always played 7.4-7.7 up until 1.5 year ago when Purity launched. I never used any custom pack to get the 7.4 graphics in the client and I got used to it. Also, it depends on what you play this game for. Medivia is great for RPG, there's alot to do. If you play for pvp, I think the beginning up until lvl 200 is fun, after that it just gets to a point where the map gets to big to do any proper action/fights.

I dont play Medivia for the same reason I don’t play Zezenia or modern Tibia. The “feeling“ isn’t there. This game has some serious roots in nostalgia, and the numbers will show you just that. I couldn’t convince any of my Tibia friends to play Medivia with those graphics if I wanted to and yea I hear how ridiculous that sounds, but it’s straight facts.

I cannot support stealing and using any proprietary work (e.g. Tibia sprites), so that will simply never happen from our side. However, what players do with their game clients is none of my business as long as it is not affecting the game itself (e.g. cheating). That being said, in the future I can provide you a better way to load third party sprites from png files to replace on the fly certain objects (items, creatures, etc.) based on their corresponding static IDs. The old method which used to load sprites IDs from png files (this option was removed some time ago) was a total mess because of our system which does scramble sprite IDs each bigger update.

Keep in mind that Medivia has about 21000 items in total. Tibia 7.4 had about 3100 If I recall correctly. Half of initial IDs are not even used nowadays, so if you manage to replace them to a full extend of "7.4 spirit" you will only cover less than 5% of total Medivia graphical content, unless of course for example you decide to replace different types of grass to one type. However, if I recall correctly most players with requests such as yours usually cared only about outfits, runes and certain items, so likely much less than 1% of total Medivia graphical content. Not that much. I can imagine there will always be someone (Medivia player) to put effort to create a custom sprite pack once it will be possible to do so.

I cannot support stealing and using any proprietary work (e.g. Tibia sprites), so that will simply never happen from our side. However, what players do with their game clients is none of my business as long as it is not affecting the game itself (e.g. cheating). That being said, in the future I can provide you a better way to load third party sprites from png files to replace on the fly certain objects (items, creatures, etc.) based on their corresponding static IDs. The old method which used to load sprites IDs from png files (this option was removed some time ago) was a total mess because of our system which does scramble sprite IDs each bigger update.

Keep in mind that Medivia has about 21000 items in total. Tibia 7.4 had about 3100 If I recall correctly. Half of initial IDs are not even used nowadays, so if you manage to replace them to a full extend of "7.4 spirit" you will only cover less than 5% of total Medivia graphical content, unless of course for example you decide to replace different types of grass to one type. However, if I recall correctly most players with requests such as yours usually cared only about outfits, runes and certain items, so likely much less than 1% of total Medivia graphical content. Not that much. I can imagine there will always be someone (Medivia player) to put effort to create a custom sprite pack once it will be possible to do so.
If you would do that so for example outfits, runes and old items from 7.4 would still be be able to use Tibia sprites with a sprite pack, that would simply be amazing. Even if 80% of the world will be new sprites from Medivia but all old outfits etc would work, that would be a gamechanger for us who miss playing Medivia. ALOT of players would come back for sure!

If you manage to do that and open a new server, it will be a homerun.

If you would do that so for example outfits, runes and old items from 7.4 would still be be able to use Tibia sprites with a sprite pack, that would simply be amazing. Even if 80% of the world will be new sprites from Medivia but all old outfits etc would work, that would be a gamechanger for us who miss playing Medivia. ALOT of players would come back for sure!

If you manage to do that and open a new server, it will be a homerun.

As promised, I have released a small patch today for the game client (version 5.12) with added ability to load custom sprites from png files. It's a different system now, therefore most updates in the future should not break anything within third party sprites pack created by players (unlike before which pretty scrambled everything after a patch).

That being the case, I can only assume that some of our players will work on a sprite pack soon enough. Please note though, we are not responsible for third party sprite packs, whether you use free material or not, it's your own choice.

Also, on a side note, due to game client translations for multiple languages (pt_BR, pl_PL and es_ES), we have noticeable more new players. In the future we do plan to extend translations to all NPCs in game.

As promised, I have released a small patch today for the game client (version 5.12) with added ability to load custom sprites from png files. It's a different system now, therefore most updates in the future should not break anything within third party sprites pack created by players (unlike before which pretty scrambled everything after a patch).

That being the case, I can only assume that some of our players will work on a sprite pack soon enough. Please note though, we are not responsible for third party sprite packs, whether you use free material or not, it's your own choice.

Also, on a side note, due to game client translations for multiple languages (pt_BR, pl_PL and es_ES), we have noticeable more new players. In the future we do plan to extend translations to all NPCs in game.
Brilliant. I will see you there upon next server release!

Jungle update will be released in third quarter of 2022.

The deeper jungle is a sacred place to which no outsider can go. It's inhabited by many dangerous beasts, but its most feared guards are the ents. These protectors are born out of condensed natural mana, brought to life by the cultists who combat the expansion of the inhabitants of Khea.

xLyNvRz.png

The southern part of the jungle is home to scorpions. The caves made of sandstone mixed with water running through rivers from above created a perfect ecosystem, where they can breed and expand their territory.

CK4ShMX.png

Single black ants are not dangerous, but most often they hunt in groups. In addition, their cousins, fire ants live in the depths of the caves, close to places with a lot of heat. They don't come to the surface, which is a good thing, because they would undoubtedly dominate the whole land.

uKibqZM.png

Something was taking control over the land, something that we couldn't see, touch, or smell. But its decaying presence takes its toll upon nature itself, altering it and twisting it into something dangerous.

tZLJeEt.png

The ancient catacombs are home to many undead creatures, which were created as necromantic experiments of the cultists. Over the years, they have mastered it and with help of their god created a new form of this magic -voodooo.

N6bdXLp.png

Every day the same nightmare. Endless, empty void with absolutely nothing in it, no air, no thought, no light. Only you and the overwhelming blackness. And then in the far distance a light, an orange shine that expands. A great eyelid opens and from it a goat-like iris looks at you with its devouring sight. Then a voice in an unknown language, screaming as if thousands of needles were piercing your heart. I pray every day that nature will help me understand what it all means.

o59Bt35.gif

The jungle update is coming, we hope you are as excited as we are. Feel free to share your thoughts regarding the teasers presented above, let us know where we can improve.

Last edited:
Open a server with this new sprite pack and content ffs ;O ;O

Jungle update will be released in third quarter of 2022.

The deeper jungle is a sacred place to which no outsider can go. It's inhabited by many dangerous beasts, but its most feared guards are the ents. These protectors are born out of condensed natural mana, brought to life by the cultists who combat the expansion of the inhabitants of Khea.

xLyNvRz.png

The southern part of the jungle is home to scorpions. The caves made of sandstone mixed with water running through rivers from above created a perfect ecosystem, where they can breed and expand their territory.

CK4ShMX.png

Single black ants are not dangerous, but most often they hunt in groups. In addition, their cousins, fire ants live in the depths of the caves, close to places with a lot of heat. They don't come to the surface, which is a good thing, because they would undoubtedly dominate the whole land.

uKibqZM.png

Something was taking control over the land, something that we couldn't see, touch, or smell. But its decaying presence takes its toll upon nature itself, altering it and twisting it into something dangerous.

tZLJeEt.png

The ancient catacombs are home to many undead creatures, which were created as necromantic experiments of the cultists. Over the years, they have mastered it and with help of their god created a new form of this magic -voodooo.

N6bdXLp.png

Every day the same nightmare. Endless, empty void with absolutely nothing in it, no air, no thought, no light. Only you and the overwhelming blackness. And then in the far distance a light, an orange shine that expands. A great eyelid opens and from it a goat-like iris looks at you with its devouring sight. Then a voice in an unknown language, screaming as if thousands of needles were piercing your heart. I pray every day that nature will help me understand what it all means.

o59Bt35.gif

The jungle update is coming, we hope you are as excited as we are. Feel free to share your thoughts regarding the teasers presented above, let us know where we can improve.
when will you introduce polish to the game? there would certainly be a large influx of players from Poland

when will you introduce polish to the game? there would certainly be a large influx of players from Poland

Definitely not. They are either stuck playing 7.4 war ot for a few days(with a dose of baby rage), 999x orsh p2w bullshit or anime tibia

Back