• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Medivia - discussion and announcement of a new world Unity

I still hope that it does not change the game due to too much changes like RealTibia after updates we are 90% raised with tibia many things are cool I give too many unfortunately not in my eyes The new darashia and Ankrahmun not clear and very difficult to identify with new players. But I hope, as I said, that Medivia will continue to have a world of Tibia and not everything will be new because that reminds many players of Zelda at the moment rather than Tibia which makes me really sad. And because of the witch hunts of Account Sharing and so I think you have at that time many people umsonnst deleted where many people have invested time and money I certainly had more than 2000 euros in the game Donated and was deleted then because my brother with me on the account played from time to time you have taken away more than 2 years for me that was true for nothing though my money was gone and all but you it was actually no matter you live on that I will never find good of you.

And because of IPs at that time I, for example, Lebe and I was born in Austria my parents are from Bosnia we drive from there and there and online there are other country other IP I am also deleted because you think it is account sharing?
If you want to, you can play with old graphics. You only have to download the sprites from official fansite website, and add them to your folder :)

So far i like the music, simple and not overused. Also wouldnt unity be a great serv for strife's exiva edited spell?

We have decided that we will drop the idea of wisdom scrolls (skipping Novus by purchasing wisdom scroll via store) altogether.

Ability to skip Novus will be freely available for everyone who wishes to do so (including some really basic equipment set). Please note this change is not yet implemented as we are still working on it, however, it will be available before launch of Unity.

The best of all!
Medivia is so good that it's hard to compare to an OT server.

PROs
Everything works perfectly
Trustworth staff
A lot more RPG and extra content than other servers
Bps stay opened when u login/shift rightclick to follow/shift rightclick to open a new window for containers

CONs
Tasks frags are only for last hitter which makes it less of a team hunt oriented game
No european mid rate server like Pendulum in NA
Not a lot of players atm

Medivia has aged like a fine wine, from another bland offshoot into an indisputably terrific amalgamation of oldschool vibes and fresh custom content developed for those who like the general mechanics of older Tibia, the likes of whose quality this community will rarely see again. It feels like seeing where CipSoft could've taken Tibia in some alternate universe where they decided to stick to the old mechanics.

I am happy to see the paradigm has shifted and the community finally feels positive about introductions of custom features, which was unfortunately not the case for most of Medivia's long lifespan. It always felt like there was so much unused potential there waiting to be tapped into, and seeing it unravel to this degree now makes me excited to see what else you'll have in store.

I enjoy watching Saphron's sprites evolve, but the thing that probably stands out the most to me is the beast you managed to make out of the OTclient. Not a lot of servers around here have an owner as experienced and knowledgeable as Iryont, and that thing's performance speaks for itself. I still remember your hardcore ethics regarding code optimizations which sometimes still haunts me when I'm scripting. 🤭

Best of luck with Unity!

I'm actually glad to see you here and talk to you again :) I do appreciate the comment and I always appreciated working with you back then.

At the time many of our players didn't want any changes since we are just starting the journey to leave Tibia 7.4 idea behind. It was understandable as we ourselves had hard time choosing what path to take and how we want the game to evolve on its own. Well, long story short it was a hard time for all of us back then.

Anyway, I hope you are doing well with your new project :)

How come Medivia is not on Otservlist and other websites like it? And never any advertisements such as countdown to launch etc. Promotion is lacking imo, its a shame to see such a well made server have fewer players than some rather mediocre servers because of subpar marketing.

How come Medivia is not on Otservlist and other websites like it? And never any advertisements such as countdown to launch etc. Promotion is lacking imo, its a shame to see such a well made server have fewer players than some rather mediocre servers because of subpar marketing.

They really do need more promotion.

By the way, have you guys carefully considered the consequences of making Rook / Novus optional? Seems like a really bad idea when combined with the old pvp system that Medivia uses... I mean, no on likes going through rook, but I'd rather have that than an endless stream of level 1 noobchars going around mainland, always ready to give people unjusts/block places/thief/interfering in wars etc. without caring about getting banned or killed a thousand times.

From what I've heard, quests have been altered to combat possible abuse of the skip-novus-feature. A feature I still don't fully understand the reasoning behind. Unless there's a long-term plan of removing novus all together - and this being the first step in doing so. Why not just give the first created character (on every premium account) on Unity a free wisdom scroll. And if people want to spend money exploiting early game quests, let them do so. Maybe I'm missing something important but I just don't see how we went from a skip novus for a small fee (which works as a deterrent for exploitation) to everyone is able to skip novus but in turn we'll alter quests in order to make it a viable solution.

I also don't think the timing of Unity is great. Launch is going to be merely one year after the launch of Prophecy and in all honesty, with not all that much else to offer. The release would be a lot more understandable if it happened after the mainland update.

There have been questionable decisions (IMO) for as long as I've been a customer at Medivia but I can't help to think they are rapidly increasing as of late. I was never a fan of Pendulum to begin with, and even less so after it became a permanent server which - for the time being - only allows transfers in, and not out. The removal of 1x servers. The closure of Strife after one(?) unsuccessful launch - which to me seemed awfully planned considering the ongoing war on Pendulum. And with that closure the release of cosmetics which were used in marketing Strife as unique. And now the launch of Unity which, well let's just say I'm skeptical of.

Anyway, I'll likely jump on Unity to have some fun and I truly hope it will turn out well. Best of luck.

I do not believe advertising on that website is worth anything nowadays.

That being the case we have started a different campaign starting with post here on otland regarding Medivia in general and a few campaigns on e.g. Facebook (with a target of South and North America players):

We are also being advertised on "Dormir não dá XP - RPG Brasil" with pinned post:

Including a small advertisement on BubbaGame under his streams.

And a few more soon enough. This might be the first time we are actually advertising on a bigger scale, so we will see how it goes in general :)

By the way, have you guys carefully considered the consequences of making Rook / Novus optional? Seems like a really bad idea when combined with the old pvp system that Medivia uses... I mean, no on likes going through rook, but I'd rather have that than an endless stream of level 1 noobchars going around mainland, always ready to give people unjusts/block places/thief/interfering in wars etc. without caring about getting banned or killed a thousand times.

We are very well aware of possible abuses and that is why we said we are currently working on such implementation of skipping Novus. Detailed implementation is not yet set, but we wanted to let you know that it will be possible, so you won't have to pay for a specific scroll for that matter to be able to do that. It will be restricted, but somehow free nonetheless.

Yea i think novus with fast spawns is a better idea... at least that slows down the flow of players to mainland, with the option to skip it there will be 300 players tasking snakes instantly and no spawns anywhere

Make non pvp server or optional pvp! There is
No such thing in any tibia 7.4 server out there and it would be a very nice iniative!

Perhaps some of you might be interested how Medivia will look like within a few months, so we have created a short clip showing you the city of Arak with bunch of sounds:

Nowadays Medivia sound engine is based on fmod which is used in a lot of AAA games. Certain sound sources (e.g. a torch as seen on the video) are fully localized in 3D space of the game. Besides that a Doppler effect is calculated as well. This can be fully heard when running towards or from the torch. Doppler effect will apply to missiles as well which does change the sound a lot depending where is the effect being shown and what velocity it has (it may vary).

Keep in mind that adding a lot of sound effects is quite easy, but obviously we do not wish to be overwhelmed with sound in general otherwise it would turn out to be a painful experience.

Cant you make a poll about Unity? I feel like more players would start if there were pendulum stages :(

Perhaps some of you might be interested how Medivia will look like within a few months, so we have created a short clip showing you the city of Arak with bunch of sounds:

Nowadays Medivia sound engine is based on fmod which is used in a lot of AAA games. Certain sound sources (e.g. a torch as seen on the video) are fully localized in 3D space of the game. Besides that a Doppler effect is calculated as well. This can be fully heard when running towards or from the torch. Doppler effect will apply to missiles as well which does change the sound a lot depending where is the effect being shown and what velocity it has (it may vary).

Keep in mind that adding a lot of sound effects is quite easy, but obviously we do not wish to be overwhelmed with sound in general otherwise it would turn out to be a painful experience.
Awesome! It looks a whole new experience to play with sound.
How you did to trigger a specific sound within a specific area like when approaching the tavern?
Its a square area or perhaps some other trick?
Anyway will this update be part of this new world? Or is just a sneak peak of a future update?

Cant you make a poll about Unity? I feel like more players would start if there were pendulum stages :(

The question is how many would stay. For the time being Unity is quite popular considering the fact it's still about 3 weeks away. For the time being players created over 250 characters on that world which is a really good amount based on the time left for the launch.

Awesome! It looks a whole new experience to play with sound.
How you did to trigger a specific sound within a specific area like when approaching the tavern?
Its a square area or perhaps some other trick?
Anyway will this update be part of this new world? Or is just a sneak peak of a future update?

Currently I did create two main triggers for sound sources and that would be tile based (when you walk over a sound source) or view based (when you see a sound source). Tile based sound sources are prioritized and therefore tavern overrides outside theme sound source which is view based, but since both sources are supposed to be executed one is prioritized over other. However, as soon as you walk out of tavern the view based sound source forces the old sound to fade out in a specified time and fade in a new one it wants to play.

Theme sounds are 2D sound sources which means they are just played without any extra calculations involved in it. However, torches in the video are view based, but they are also localized in 3D space. Such sound sources have things like attenuation based on the distance of your character from the source, panning of the left and right speaker is calculated depending on your character position and velocity is used to calculate Doppler effect (both velocity of your character and velocity of the sound source). That being the case when you walk around such sound source you have a smooth transition between left and right speaker and running towards such source has a different effect than running away from it.

It is a sneak peak of a future update which should arrive within a few months from now.

EU Pendulum when?

ah nvm its another american lowrate zzzzzzzzzz

When optional pvp worlds????

Perhaps one day when there will be actual demand and community for it in the future ;)

Perhaps you are right.

Back