• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows [MESSAGE] Script?

thecycles

Reaction score
Hello, Its me again.. I have an war, when someone die I want it to be like this:

Namnl?s.jpg

Someone know how to do it? XD :thumbup:

Since I am new so I do not even know what you mean by''extensions?''
How do I make it to the''Killmsg.lua?''Should I just change the name to. Lua or?

I have been exactly doing that, BUT THE SAME F****** ERROR:
[12/11/2010 21:49:05] [Error - LuaScriptInterface::loadFile] cannot open data/creaturescripts/scripts/Killmsg.lua: No such file or directory
[12/11/2010 21:49:05] [Warning - Event::loadScript] Cannot load script (data/creaturescripts/scripts/Killmsg.lua)
[12/11/2010 21:49:05] cannot open data/creaturescripts/scripts/Killmsg.lua: No such file or directory

Or no .. My bad. I hadnt change the Killmsg.txt to .lua but the error is still:
[12/11/2010 22:01:05] [Error - LuaScriptInterface::loadFile] data/creaturescripts/scripts/Killmsg.lua:4: ')' expected (to close '(' at line 3) near 'end'
[12/11/2010 22:01:05] [Warning - Event::loadScript] Cannot load script (data/creaturescripts/scripts/Killmsg.lua)
[12/11/2010 22:01:05] data/creaturescripts/scripts/Killmsg.lua:4: ')' expected (to close '(' at line 3) near 'end'

Lua:
function onKill(cid, target, lastHit)
	if isPlayer(target) then
		doBroadcastMessage(getCreatureName(target)..'['..getPlayerLevel(target)..'] has just been killed by '..getCreatureName(cid)..'['..getPlayerLevel(cid)..']!')
	end
	return true
end

goto creatureScript-->script--> make new death.lua(paste my script in it)

then go to creature.xml
Code:
<event type="death" name="broad" event="script" value="death.lua"/>

then go to login.lua , and paste this line under any of the lines like it
Lua:
	registerCreatureEvent(cid, "broad")

Back