• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Middle-Earth Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
true and since many Tibia OT players have no taste in maps :/ ot could turn out to be a disaster or it could turn out very well :)
i think its rather strange that people these days like to play RL maps... i mean thei suck like hell wy don't you go play retail when you want RL mp omg :/ well sry for off topic o_O

and about the score system lol! i made it up in a few minutes not that hard actually o_O i have seen harder ones lol

Right on! I hate RL maps :)
That's why I started this, because Lost Lands got offline a day after I started :mad:
And I also have a small sideproject where I map sometimes where I try to do a map as Tibia SHOULD be imo :)
But now we shall focus on Middle-Earth :)

I haven't seen any mappings from you so I can't really tell, but you could show something and I might find it good looking you might get to do Mount Doom ;)
But otherwise I'll do it myself :D

omg first gotta get my editor working again o_O it takes like 10 sec to mova 1 sqm...

Oh man, this map will take more space than real tibia map ;o

It's slightly bigger in size than the Tibia map ;)

map_big.jpg

middle-earth_ground-2.jpg

Forgot to write in here xD

I just took the minimap so this is brand new ;)
And mine has more landmass in total what I can see, but Tibia has more islands and therefor it covers a greater space
But I'm not sure which one is the biggest :eek:

EDIT:
I found a fun thing :)
The first verision I made of Middle-Earth :D

middle-earth_small.jpg

Last edited:
It looks very nice but I don't like the Moria. You should use some other tiles so it wouldn't look same as cipsoft's vision of Moria.

o_O it doesen't look like it at all o_O go wash your mouth boy!
xD nah its fine it looks very cool o_O
btw in tibia its called Kazordoon (the mountain) and Kazad'duhn is the city itself :) (if i'm not mistaking)

No I think the mountain AND the city is called Kazordoon, and a place in Moria is called Kazahd dun or something similar ;):p

Speaking of that, why not post the "teaser" I made of Moria here too :)
SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTS!

Finally, here is a teaser/update on Dwarrowdelf (Moria)
I took ingame screenshots because it's much cooler ingame :)

And I have to give a BIG thank you to Mackan that made the base of the city, and I finished it of with the same kind of style.
Some of his stuff I moved around and remade to make it fit the vision I had in mind, but I kept most of his things :)

Anyway, here are the screenshots, and I'll continue in next post because it's quite many screenshots (26)

-----------------------

A fellow traveller named Xedrai was walking around in the Misty Mountains when he found a path he had never seen before...

1-5.jpg

The path ended at a small pool of water, and he had a strange feeling about the place...

2-6.jpg

When the night had come, the moonlight hit the mountain wall and there was a door of light infront of him!
He could make out some text and recognized it as elvish. He knew teh basics of elvish and read through the riddle.
After some trial and error the door opened and he entered. Once inside the cave the door closed behind him with a loud noise.
Now he had no other choice than to go further in to the cave...

3copy.jpg

Now he entered a corridor. You could tell from the architecture that it was dwarvish...

4-4.jpg

He came to a turn in the corridor, where there was alot of stones that had fallen down from the ceiling.
There was a hole in the wall that opened up a cave that was shrouded with darkness...

5-1.jpg

He continued to walk down the corridor, leaving the cave behind him and then he came to a destroyed bridge...

6-1.jpg

He couldn't find a way over the bridge, so he went back into the corridor where he now saw a small doorway in the wall...

7-1.jpg

He walked down some stairs and finally came down to the ground where the collapsed bridge layed...

8-1.jpg

He found a small building with a bridge over the lava river and he crossed it.
On the other side he found some other stairs leading up to the other side of the bridge...

9-1.jpg

He saw another door and stepped into a great hall...

10-1.jpg

He walked down the long hall that seemed to be endless...

11-1.jpg

Continue in next post...

The extinct volcano in the centre of the continent is the home of a very ancient race, the dwarfs. Using their craftsmanship and their knowledge about the power of fire and earth, the dwarfs managed to tame the rivers of water and lava and to build their town, Kazordoon, in the heart of the mountain, whom they respectfully call "the Big Old One".

Tibia - Free Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game - Library

:thumbup:

Now he entered the great dwarven city Dwarrowdelf...

12-1.jpg

He had never seen the city, just heard about it, so he was completly taken of gaurd when he saw the city...

13-1.jpg

The first thing he did was to leave some things in the local depot, because his journey to Dwarrowdelf had been long and tiresome...

16.jpg

Now he went to see the temple of the city...

14.jpg

The beautiful temple was surrounded by Mithril sources, which made Xedrai speachless...

15-1.jpg

He walked through the city and looking at it's complex buildings...

20-1.jpg

19.jpg

21-1.jpg

22-1.jpg

Then he saw something that was a bit out of place...

23-1.jpg

The area he had entered had been donated and enchanted by the mages, as a gift for the dwarfs...

24-1.jpg

He walked back into the city and found a door he had not seen the first time walking by...

25-1.jpg

He walked up one of the "towers" in Dwarrowdelf and he saw a bright light coming from one of the stairs...

26-1.jpg

And there he found a way out of the city and back to the surface. His journey was far from over, and this was only one of the many secrets he would discover...​

---------------------

This was everything for this time. I hope you enjoyed the pictures because I enjoyed making this city with the help of my friend Mackan :)
Big thanks again Mackan!! :D

So there is the whole city :)
BIG THANKS TO MACKAN! :D

aaah yes now it all comes back :p Kazad duhn is a Bridge the Bridge where Gandalf fought balrog!

Ok here is some smaller updates:
- Some things in Lothlorien is fixed, I've added a magic shop there, forgot that xD
- Some more nature around Lothlorien, I have some quite cool ideas for it though I won't spoil it yet :)
Also here is the river of lady Luthien if I'm correct *hmm*
- Some caves under Lothlorien, not that detailed but I like the shapes :D
- And some more details and an exit for the city in Mirkwood :)

screenshot_2009-01-25-23-4-12.jpg

screenshot_2009-01-25-23-4-15.jpg

screenshot_2009-01-25-23-4-24.jpg

screenshot_2009-01-25-23-4-33.jpg

screenshot_2009-01-25-23-4-45.jpg

screenshot_2009-01-25-23-4-50.jpg

screenshot_2009-01-25-23-5-32.jpg

screenshot_2009-01-25-23-5-38.jpg

screenshot_2009-01-25-23-5-42.jpg

screenshot_2009-01-25-23-5-45.jpg

I noticed that I haven't updated in a while here so here is some new stuff I've done today :D
The place at the big waterfall (don't remember the name) and some of the ruins around there :)

screenshot_2009-01-31-19-36-39.jpg

screenshot_2009-01-31-19-36-45.jpg

And also a little tribute to Boromir:

screenshot_2009-01-31-19-36-54.jpg

if i may ask have u read the hobbit it has a real good detailed description of gollums cave kinda near the start to but i suppose u hav already read it but i thought it mite help if u knew but good job otherwise looks cool would be cool to play aswell u pretty much only gotta get the monsters rite but still good job

i just realise u should put horn in water if u can coz in the 3rd movie it shows his dad with it or who ever has it i dnt remembers havnt seen 3rd movie in ages

but i would also like to mention lol that a lot of the filming of lotr was done here in my country and that my m8 has 1 of the elven helmets they used its mad he was also goin to get the mould for gandelf the whites staff

Gief elven helmet! :eek:

Yes I've read the hobbit but that was a year ago xD
I'm reading Two Towers right now so yeah :)

And the horn won't look good in the water I think, so I'll leave it there ;)
And it's just a small easter egg or something, Boromir will be a NPC, but there will be some more stuff like this around the map if I can come up with any good ones :)

Sounds good, keep updating your mappings! :> But there will come open fields for openbattle wars to I hope?

Ooooh yes there will be wars! :D
We've talked about wars and then we will spawn alot of orcs etc and alot of human warriors in lets say Minas Tirith, and then the monsters attack eachother, the players attack eachother and the monsters etc :)
And we will have raids quite often too I supose, and it'll be some of the ones from the movies/books and some we just make up ^_^
And when there is wars I think we will have so that SOME people, maybe random or maybe tutors or something, will get seperate accounts so they can be the ones from the fellowship, so they will be fighting along with you :)

Though I don't know about guilds, I want them but my scripter don't want them, but I'll try to get them in there! :)
And if we go for the Good/Bad style the good guys won't be able to attack eachother and that's why he doesn't want them but yeah :/:p

We'll see how it'll turn out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back