• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawak

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Shawak
I made a mod, including 1 talkaction script, 1 action, and 1 creatureevent, if I use the talkation script, this comes:
Code:
[27/08/2009 18:28:36] [string "loadBuffer"]:9: ')' expected (to close '(' at line 8) near 'return'

i guess you need ) to close something in the script at line 8 :D

What is this:
2eq89xv.png

Last edited:
or just simpler would be script it in actions/actions.xml, talkactions/... and creaturescripts/.. xD

Yep, I done this, but... The script wasn't working because you always lose your items with red skull, and I tried to disable this.

yes quas its simpler at first but think after 10 upgrades of TFS you're sitting there like...omg I wish I could just copy one folder and restart server to upgrade! But you can't because you don't embrace changes for the better. You stick with old ways, you're no better than the people who tried to stick with XML, well we all know what happened

i always added code at the end of FILE.xml and have seperate folder with changed files xD just copy folder and the"end" of every .xml :p

still more effort...you could have all quests in one mod, or have demon oak in one mod file. Disable and enable mods with ease, use a universal config for every script in that file.

propably mods are better, you have a right, but i can't get how does it works xD i looked many times but still this "wtf" in my head xD

Ok i fixed it, changed all event="script" to event="buffer" but can somebody say me, why it works now?

depends on your script...if you use script you have to include onUSE, etc, functions like that. and use return true instead of _result..

lol so a total of 5 people could read it? Noone wants to learn here other than the people releasing shit. Everyone else are just selfish leeches.

lol so a total of 5 people could read it? Noone wants to learn here other than the people releasing shit. Everyone else are just selfish leeches.

I can read it, but I don't understand multiple functions loke onUse, onLogin,.. and why is event allways "buffer" and not "script" <_<.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back