• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Modern AAC | v0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
U have low configured server.
It's not a light system.
Loads of file scanning and includes
Few db connections.
Ok. Why not make a light system then? Not a lot of users are going to use what you are offering anyway :s

Ok. Why not make a light system then? Not a lot of users are going to use what you are offering anyway :s

Why not make heavy system? Same question, because I just don't want to. I want to make it extendable, not simple system, with loads of different features. Everyone thinks that these 500ms more will do something, it won't it won't cause any lags on your server or anything, they just believe it will.

i have a month with this problem:

I install the acc maker all is perfect.. i create my account and my Gm.. (all is perfect xP) so i run the server i log in, all is right, latter i remember i need a character to test.

ok i go to the website, i log in and all is ready to create the character, i press the button [Create] and the acc maker display this
404 Page Not Found

The page you requested was not found.

i have a month with this problem:

I install the acc maker all is perfect.. i create my account and my Gm.. (all is perfect xP) so i run the server i log in, all is right, latter i remember i need a character to test.

ok i go to the website, i log in and all is ready to create the character, i press the button [Create] and the acc maker display this

Make sure the $config['website'] is correct.

Just noticed something funny in the config file, I might be wrong here and/or it might already have been fixed... but;

Code:
$config['engine']['platforms'] = array('windows nt 6.0' => 'Windows Longhorn',

Last time I checked, Windows Longhorn was the pre-production codename for Windows Vista. :p
(NT 6.0 also refers to Windows Server 2008)

Oh and you forgot Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2 (NT 6.1).

Also on a random note, why are windows users required to have PHP 5.3 installed, while all others (Linux, etc) only has to have 5.0?

Is there an actual reason for this, or is it just to make the AAC as "noob proof" as possible?

Also on a random note, why are windows users required to have PHP 5.3 installed, while all others (Linux, etc) only has to have 5.0?

Is there an actual reason for this, or is it just to make the AAC as "noob proof" as possible?

No, because there are few functions that comes for 5.3 for Windows, I guess they are checking email DNS and json functions, linux have them in 5.0

Not sure where to post this, but got this error on the character page (or view or w/e)

Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'E_OTS_NotLoaded' in C:\xampp\htdocs\system\application\libraries\POT\OTS_Player.php:440 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\application\views\view_character.php(39): OTS_Player->getCreated() #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\libraries\Loader.php(677): include('C:\xampp\htdocs...') #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\libraries\Loader.php(307): CI_Loader->_ci_load(Array) #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\application\controllers\character.php(186): CI_Loader->view('view_character....', Array) #4 [internal function]: Character->view('Freaq') #5 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\codeigniter\CodeIgniter.php(236): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 C:\xampp\htdocs\index.php(161): require_once('C:\xampp\htdocs...') #7 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\system\application\libraries\POT\OTS_Player.php on line 440

Also having issues loging in. I've poked around in the code but haven't found anything that seems to be wrong.

When I created guild, I just see guild board, and no official boards.

Umm... I just happened to stumble across something interesting in the Admin panel.

"Your server is NOT blacklisted"

Which means every time a page loads (or a specific event occurs) the AAC callbacks to a server of yours to see if you (the makers) has blacklisted a server.

What happens if you decide to blacklist a server? Will the AAC stop working or display a big fat red message in style with "This server sucks!"? =/

what diference of GesiorAcc to ModernAcc?

what diference of GesiorAcc to ModernAcc?

Can be compared to: "What is the difference between a PC and a Mac"

GeisorACC is old, it has numeros bugs and security holes. But it's well known, relatively easy to set up, and relatively easy to skin (it got numerous skins to choose from).

ModernACC is newer, and thus more secure. It's very dynamic, but demands more from the user in terms of knowledge and software (PHP 5.3 and so on). Also only SHA1 passwords can be used, and thus you're gonna have problems if you either already have a database with plaintext/MD5 passwords, or do not wish to use SHA1 for some reason.

Long story short;

GeisorACC is old and bugged, but easy to use.

ModernACC is more advanced and secure, but complicated to use.

Can be compared to: "What is the difference between a PC and a Mac"

GeisorACC is old, it has numeros bugs and security holes. But it's well known, relatively easy to set up, and relatively easy to skin (it got numerous skins to choose from).

ModernACC is newer, and thus more secure. It's very dynamic, but demands more from the user in terms of knowledge and software (PHP 5.3 and so on). Also only SHA1 passwords can be used, and thus you're gonna have problems if you either already have a database with plaintext/MD5 passwords, or do not wish to use SHA1 for some reason.

Long story short;

GeisorACC is old and bugged, but easy to use.

ModernACC is more advanced and secure, but complicated to use.

o.0? What's complicated with Modern? I've gotten a lot more errors and shit with Gesior..

Also it ain't that hard to get PHP5.3.. just get latest PHPMyadmin or use linux

o.0? What's complicated with Modern? I've gotten a lot more errors and shit with Gesior..

Also it ain't that hard to get PHP5.3.. just get latest PHPMyadmin or use linux

Nothing, but I'm seeing it through the perspective of a person who has little to no knowledge about all this (PHP, HTML, XAMPP, etc), the people who follow "Newbie guides" on how to set up their server and AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back