• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Modern AAC

Bogart

...has super panda powers
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
well, the problem is that, when i create an acc and i try to change the password in the Database it says that it got changed, but when i try to log in the server, i cant, it says 'Account name or password is not correct'
and yes i have the sha1, (thats not the problem) the problem is that i want to make a server with char samples like Elder Druid, Master Sorcerer etc. but i can't coz i can't join with 1/1(coz i cant edit the db)

solved
it was just a sql query (1UPDATE accounts SET password = sha1('1') WHERE name = '1')

Last edited:
Exactly how does not being able to log in affect your ability to insert character samples?

And are you sure you're inserting a password hash in the password field, and not a plaintext password?

omg
well lets say that i changed the account and password in the database, and it says its okay. but when i try to log in the game (with the acc and pw i sumbitted in database) it says 'Account name or password is not correct'

dude omg, well i change the password and account and the PHPMYADMIN(database)says
1 row(s) affected.
UPDATE `manzot`.`accounts` SET `name` = '*****',
`password` = '******' WHERE `accounts`.`id` =2;
Showing rows 0 - 8 (~91 total, Query took 0.0008 sec)
SELECT *
FROM `accounts`
LIMIT 0 , 30

but when i try to log in the game it says 'Account name or password is not correct'

did you encrypted your password in sha1 or just putted a plain password?

well, the problem is that, when i create an acc and i try to change the password in the Database it says that it got changed, but when i try to log in the server, i cant, it says 'Account name or password is not correct'
and yes i have the sha1, (thats not the problem) the problem is that i want to make a server with char samples like Elder Druid, Master Sorcerer etc. but i can't coz i can't join with 1/1(coz i cant edit the db)

I'm going to assume here that since you're censoring the password, you're not inserting a password hash but rather a plaintext password.

Plaintext = "password"
Sha1 = "5baa61e4c9b93f3f0682250b6cf8331b7ee68fd8"

If you use sha1 on your server, then the server will take the password you use to log in on the client, convert it into sha1 before comparing it to the password stored in the database.

Thus:

Is "5baa61e4c9b93f3f0682250b6cf8331b7ee68fd8" equal to "password"? No.

Is "5baa61e4c9b93f3f0682250b6cf8331b7ee68fd8" equal to "5baa61e4c9b93f3f0682250b6cf8331b7ee68fd8"? Yes.

So just use some online converter like...
SHA1 Generator - Convert text to an SHA1 Hash
To convert your password into sha1 BEFORE stuffing it into the database, mkay?

Back