- Jul 4, 2010
- Reaction score
Molten is an OT Server created from the frustration, boredom, and inadequate management of other servers that I've played over the last years.
With a focus on lore and RPG, the objective is to create a new environment where you can have fun and excitement but keeping all the standard tibia mechanics with a new approach.
First, the map is custom, and in constant expansion, the stronger you get, new places to explore arises. Second, more than just endlessly walking to explore, the world has a history that directly influences the game setting.
The classical tibia mechanics remained the same (no new sprite and no new client). Still, we also added some new things, using things that Tibia doesn't take advantage of.
- Version: newest available and stable at the moment. (12.6 atm, upgrading to 12.7)(No bot will be allowed)
- Stages: mid->low rates
- Custom Map( own maps + copies from other maps)
- Custom Lore: the whole map is around lore created by me. There is a lot to learn from books and NPCs around the map. Quests will explore this lore, and some will influence character construction and map itself
- 16 basic quests ( initial items, INQ, POI ...)
- 5 advanced quests, spread around the map, with multiples puzzles, new mechanics, and different prizes (no items, but buffs, access to other hunts, etc..). Those quests are divided into missions, in which players will run across the map talking with NPCs and learning more about this new world.
- Daily tasks/quests, with scalable difficulty, so the player will constantly be challenged.
- 3d vocation:
- Each vocation has a promotion to two different classes. This will not bring any new spells (until now) but will improve your other spells and the path you want to follow in the game
- New systems:
- Attack speed increasing with your fist fighting
- Loot rate increasing with your fishing fighting
- 104 core items to be crafted with different items.
- Addon bonus per quantity, not for using (all addons are acquirable)
- All damage formulas, spell formulas, monsters, items were written on excel for balancing purposes. Balancing was my first purpose here because bringing new systems would affect such PVE as PVP and market offers
- All bestiary creatures will be reutilized, trying at max to reutilize what tibia has available
PS: I'm not a professional mapper (I'm a scripter/web guy), so sorry for some map mistakes.
This whole project was built by me over 10 months, and since last month, I started with a new mapper to help me with future updates.
Our closed alpha tests took almost 4 months to test everything, and now I'm finishing the website development.
Beta probably will be in next week to check the host quality, and our launch is expected to be in early/mid August.