• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Molten - Development Thread

Crx Molten

Reaction score
Text-trans.png

Molten is an OT Server created from the frustration, boredom, and inadequate management of other servers that I've played over the last years.
With a focus on lore and RPG, the objective is to create a new environment where you can have fun and excitement but keeping all the standard tibia mechanics with a new approach.
First, the map is custom, and in constant expansion, the stronger you get, new places to explore arises. Second, more than just endlessly walking to explore, the world has a history that directly influences the game setting.
The classical tibia mechanics remained the same (no new sprite and no new client). Still, we also added some new things, using things that Tibia doesn't take advantage of.

Server Info:
  • Version: newest available and stable at the moment. (12.6 atm, upgrading to 12.7)(No bot will be allowed)
  • Stages: mid->low rates

Server additionals:
  • Custom Map( own maps + copies from other maps)
  • Custom Lore: the whole map is around lore created by me. There is a lot to learn from books and NPCs around the map. Quests will explore this lore, and some will influence character construction and map itself
  • 16 basic quests ( initial items, INQ, POI ...)
  • 5 advanced quests, spread around the map, with multiples puzzles, new mechanics, and different prizes (no items, but buffs, access to other hunts, etc..). Those quests are divided into missions, in which players will run across the map talking with NPCs and learning more about this new world.
  • Daily tasks/quests, with scalable difficulty, so the player will constantly be challenged.
  • 3d vocation:
    • Each vocation has a promotion to two different classes. This will not bring any new spells (until now) but will improve your other spells and the path you want to follow in the game
  • New systems:
    • Attack speed increasing with your fist fighting
    • Loot rate increasing with your fishing fighting
    • 104 core items to be crafted with different items.
    • Addon bonus per quantity, not for using (all addons are acquirable)
    • All damage formulas, spell formulas, monsters, items were written on excel for balancing purposes. Balancing was my first purpose here because bringing new systems would affect such PVE as PVP and market offers
  • All bestiary creatures will be reutilized, trying at max to reutilize what tibia has available
Here some images from the server:
daily.gifdesert.gif
island.gif
lamp.gif
sakar.gif
garden.gifbridge.gif

PS: I'm not a professional mapper (I'm a scripter/web guy), so sorry for some map mistakes.

This whole project was built by me over 10 months, and since last month, I started with a new mapper to help me with future updates.
Our closed alpha tests took almost 4 months to test everything, and now I'm finishing the website development.
Beta probably will be in next week to check the host quality, and our launch is expected to be in early/mid August.

Join us on discord!
discord.png

Last edited:
Glad you created a development thread. I followed the development of the game and it seems to be very promising.
Waiting anxiously for the release.

oooo another custom server im loving this, you said you're not a professional mapper and i can notice the smallest map mistakes instantly while exploring/playing so make sure to add a command ingame to be able to report it, either way looking forward to this.

oooo another custom server im loving this, you said you're not a professional mapper and i can notice the smallest map mistakes instantly while exploring/playing so make sure to add a command ingame to be able to report it, either way looking forward to this.
Thanks! Yeah, there is a report in game for those purpose. I hope see you there !
looks interesting, can we have a minimap preview thought?
I wanted to share my minimap, but both testers said that it would spoil most of quest/mission spots (you would explore a specific area because you know there is something near by). Probably i will wait until players start to exploring more and i will share after or maybe create a good way on photoshop to hide it.

Thanks! Yeah, there is a report in game for those purpose. I hope see you there !

I wanted to share my minimap, but both testers said that it would spoil most of quest/mission spots (you would explore a specific area because you know there is something near by). Probably i will wait until players start to exploring more and i will share after or maybe create a good way on photoshop to hide it.
I strongly agree with not publishing "the" minimap, it definitely ruins the experience. However a nice stylised map that isn't too detailed would be great and should fix any of those concerns.

Interested in checking out server on beta test, but I didn't find anything about server shop in main post - will it have p2w stuff in it or just decoration/pacc?

I strongly agree with not publishing "the" minimap, it definitely ruins the experience. However a nice stylised map that isn't too detailed would be great and should fix any of those concerns.
Yeah, i'm working with my designer to check how we can hide all important parts without saying: "here is a important part so i hid it"

Interested in checking out server on beta test, but I didn't find anything about server shop in main post - will it have p2w stuff in it or just decoration/pacc?
About the shop: there is beginner equipaments on shop, that you can craft easily(easy product creatures, like lizard, ghoul, dragon products...). This itens become obsolete on early/mid levels, with better weapons dropping from bosses/craft.
As mentioned in my post, accumulative addons full will be giving certain bonus. So i developed a system using tournament coins to be able to buy every store addon. So you just need to be online, do tasks and daily dungeon every day to be able to buy every addon. Remembering that you can do this proccess in other characters aswell and coins will be accumulating to your account. No pay to win!

Hello again!
Good news, currently we are on closed beta tests and not far from our lauch day! (Spoiler alert: maybe it happens at 14 August!)

The past will show you the big war against the great wizard of all time:
inverted.gif
inverted2.gif
Currently photos of our new quest to unlock the new continent

Here is our video made by the master of editions : @VoltZz

View attachment Molten.mp4

The ad video is in portuguese, but contains some new photos of our server.
Thanks a lot,
Crx

Back