• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Monster Lagg & Crash

Pro Warbringer

Retired with developing
Reaction score
Well, my friend is hosting outcat.no-ip.org and i want to get this problem solved ofcourse of the help of our community here..
What could the problem be, there comme laggs always on the servers i mean not that you cant move but monster laggs and you cant hit a rune or so.. also the server crashes sometimes..
Also hes using 7.6 (XML) yurOTS i think, well what could it be, the problem
Thx in advance,
Pro Warbringer:wub:

Also he hold's 150~250 players every day!

Last edited:
hosting computer:
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9775
EVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI Black Pearl
XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra 768MB DDR3 XT
Kingston HyperX DDR3 2048MB 1375MHz CL7
Internet connection speed; 100/100 mbits provided by; Sonera/Nokia

XML :S Most likely when the server saves it has to write all the XML files of 150-250 players along with the houses if there are any houses.. Takes a long time and a lot of power of the computer. That might be the reason.

i know
the monster dont move right?
XML if ram is low or much monster spawned then monster dont move or attack ppl

so he need like 8gp ram to host a GOOD xml server

No
they move but for like that
5 seconds 1 sqm, and they atk rly slow like 7 sec 1 atk

You know it will be like that if you play on the hosting computer?
I used to have that problem. You need one computer where the server is running, and another computer you use to play on the server with.

That will atleast fix the lagg, and attack rate.

Yeah i used to have the same problem when i had my own ot in 7.6

I had super awesome computer, and it ran the server fine, but when i ran tibia on the computer running the server, it lagged everything out. I bought a cheap laptop and am using it to this day to play tibia on, and let my server run on the computers all 4 cores

I believe my real mate had this very same issue back in the days. He simply changed his client priority to low and everything worked out great.

Back
Top Bottom