• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Monster with a player outfit! [Easy Tutorial] [For Newbies like me]

L

LordVissie

Hey guys! This is my first tutorial on Otland! If you want to have a monster with a player outfit like this:

d430f8293e212290a25ac8f272ceae4e.png
70b50d556419461ea0b01cfc31c72663.png

a3216c591bb38b551f4375a95c4acd94.png
10308d3c9a0721dc4ec37c71be3d844a.png

I'll show you how I do it.
1. Make a character and open your outfit changer.

(or use a character you already created!)

56b2ae13e5c8b4409f85968ab3ca7a8b.png

2. Change your outfit to what you want to be the outfit of the monster.

3. Then go into phpMyAdmin go to "Players" > "The name of your character" and look for this:

aaf0c9fb8a61ab98fd4884ddf10c8748.png

4. Go into your custom monster file and look for this:

f287145ce68b29bbc742ddced1c43d51.png

Change <looktype="xxx" to the look type of the character and change head="xx" body="xx" legs="xx" feet="x" addons="x" also to the numbers of your character!

This is just a way how I do it. I didn't saw this on Otland yet so I tought I'd share the way how I do it with you guys.;) I didn't could do much back to the community because almost about everthing is a tutorial, I still wanted to do something back :p.

Made and tested with 0.3.6 (8.6)

Don't hate on my (easy) first tutorial, please :p
Cheers,

LordVissie :D

Last edited by a moderator:
nice but if u got a website that shows outfits for exampel geiisor or modified znote
u can just right click a playeroutfit and copy image url and it will give u line like this
outfit.php?id=129&addons=0&head=15&body=44&legs=76&feet=98
obv its pretty much same as going into database but i much prefer this method

not when u use custom outfit sprites :>
Yeah, you got me here :D, but still easier is to make talkaction like this one for tfs 1.2:
Code:
function onSay(player, words, param)
   if not player:getGroup():getAccess() then
     return true
   end

local target
   if param == '' then
     target = player:getTarget()
     if not target then
       player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, 'This command checks player outfit and colors. Usage: /outfit <player name>')
       return false
     end
   else
     target = Player(param)
   end

if not target then
     player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, 'Player ' .. param .. ' is currently not online.')
     return false
   end

if target:getAccountType() > player:getAccountType() then
     player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, 'Cannot perform action.')
     return false
   end

player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_EVENT_ORANGE, '<look type="' .. target:getOutfit().lookType .. '" head="' .. target:getOutfit().lookHead .. '" body="' .. target:getOutfit().lookBody .. '" legs="' .. target:getOutfit().lookLegs .. '" feet="' .. target:getOutfit().lookFeet .. '" addons="' .. target:getOutfit().lookAddons .. '" mount="' .. target:getOutfit().lookMount .. '"')
   return false
end
..and to talkactions.xml:
Code:
<talkaction words="/outfit" separator=" " script="getoutfit.lua" /><!-- /outfit playername -->
Result:
2r8eshAEF.png

Back