• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Moving towards OTC

What should we do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tought abit about that aswell, the only thing I could see as "good" would be to move all UI items to a theme folder, this would make it harder to change ex. the padding with the skill window, but make it easier to create or change skins.
This way we also create a skin system and thats pretty good since we then can add ex flash, OTC as it is right now, standalone client etc etc

Maybe you can think of something better? :p
And another thing that we should do is to move the cooldown list to above the channel tabs.

Problem with moving the cooldown list is that not all versions of tibia use the cooldown icons, but even then you could just not load the bar if that isn't the case.

And yeah, a loadable skin system is important for the OTC, no one can really make a perfect layout, and one of the fun things about computer gaming is the ability to edit and mod the files of games, and people should be able to make their own layouts.

The default OTC skin should be something similar to cipsofts, but it should also feel like it's own thing, something newer and fresher.

It's also an endless debate on what is a good looking ui layout, because for example this is how I made mine:

DRKhKyo.png

(this screenshot is slightly old, but the updates to the UI are only minor)

But even in my own client, it can be changed to this:

HWhIoDD.png

They key to this is to allow there to be options, and a skin changer is important to allow options.

Problem with moving the cooldown list is that not all versions of tibia use the cooldown icons, but even then you could just not load the bar if that isn't the case.

And yeah, a loadable skin system is important for the OTC, no one can really make a perfect layout, and one of the fun things about computer gaming is the ability to edit and mod the files of games, and people should be able to make their own layouts.

The default OTC skin should be something similar to cipsofts, but it should also feel like it's own thing, something newer and fresher.

It's also an endless debate on what is a good looking ui layout, because for example this is how I made mine:

DRKhKyo.png

(this screenshot is slightly old, but the updates to the UI are only minor)

But even in my own client, it can be changed to this:

HWhIoDD.png

They key to this is to allow there to be options, and a skin changer is important to allow options.

We could just change the height of the cooldown bar / message tab bar, to be changed when the cooldown bar is disabled / enabled.
It's not harder then the top menu buttons :p

hp info is too large - bars should be smaller, there should be hp and mp only, progress bar somewhere else
combat controls should be moved to eq if possible
tabs titles should be a few pixels smaller
this way you will gain extra space for containers

I like both skins gray and blue

hp info is too large - bars should be smaller, there should be hp and mp only, progress bar somewhere else
combat controls should be moved to eq if possible
tabs titles should be a few pixels smaller
this way you will gain extra space for containers

I like both skins gray and blue

Yes well if we think about the major diffrences:
Health bar (remove exp, smaller as you said)
Top menu, remove those and add them to the right panel(like the standalone one) or use the flash one, easier to find things
Battle list, remove the sort functions, atleast I hate this alot, takes up 3 cm of the screen for no reason, even 1cm if you disable it. (1cm = 1/3 inch?)
Combat controls, can't say anything without looking at the standalone one, but something is wrong.

To me the gray images feel abit to old, I prefer the flash / blue ones, swapped a couple out yesterday to try it out and really like it :p
BLiBspi.jpg

To make it easier to AFK bot I have implemented player on screen and GM(not tested) alert.
Also tried to implement player attacking alert, but couldn't find a function for it, all I can find is what you the player is attacking.

@WibbenZ check received damage - if it's dealt by another player towards you, this is what are you looking for

@WibbenZ check received damage - if it's dealt by another player towards you, this is what are you looking for

Is there any Lua function already implemented for that?
Can't find anything linked to damage :p

I have no idea. Can't you hook an event to received message somehow?

You can add something like that in function displayMessage in textmessage.lua
Code:
    if string.find(text, "Text") then
       print("event")
    end

I have no idea. Can't you hook an event to received message somehow?
You can add something like that in function displayMessage in textmessage.lua
Code:
    if string.find(text, "Text") then
       print("event")
    end

Well I could, but it feels like it would require alot of useless resources.
Ill just put it on the todo list, I will most likely write a hook for the "sendSquare"~ function, so when you get attacked it sends out the creature userdata.

Not so much done today, as I wrote about I implemented the player on screen alert aswell as the GM on screen.
* Fixed so you can move stacked items without having to press OK (or re-pressing enter), just hold enter and move the item(s).
* Fixed so you can attack other monsters then the ones in your target list, makes it easier if you have to escape blocking monsters.
Aswell as some bugs / UI fixes with the bot.

I don't think voice chat is good idea.
It's cool idea making voice possible hear near the player. But no. not good idea. You will end up muting rest of your life ppl and the ones you actually do care to talk with you use external program.

Voice chat for Parties or Guilds wouldn't be a bad idea.

But yea open-world voice chat, or game-voice-chat would be a terrible idea 90% of the time.

Well I could, but it feels like it would require alot of useless resources.
Ill just put it on the todo list, I will most likely write a hook for the "sendSquare"~ function, so when you get attacked it sends out the creature userdata.

Not so much done today, as I wrote about I implemented the player on screen alert aswell as the GM on screen.
* Fixed so you can move stacked items without having to press OK (or re-pressing enter), just hold enter and move the item(s).
* Fixed so you can attack other monsters then the ones in your target list, makes it easier if you have to escape blocking monsters.
Aswell as some bugs / UI fixes with the bot.

You are getting mad amounts of work done! I like it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You are getting mad amounts of work done! I like it :)

Well so far ive only done smaller things :p
Wanna try and get most of the smaller bugs fixed so we can start to focus on the UI, OTC would be really nice with a HUD :p

Fixed a couple of bugs today, mainly with the hotkeys, but one also applies to all the other UI lists.

* Fixed so when you move down or up a child, the UI will ensure that the child is visible.
* Fixed so when you replace an hotkey item, the use type will stay the same as last time.
* Added the missing hotkeys, Shift + (F5 - F12) and Ctrl + (F1-F12)

// Edit:
Forgot a couple of things :p
Finished off a couple of things with the script loading and saving system.
There are still some smaller things to do, like loading files from the directory and cleaning up the code, but it seems to work just fine.
I have done a couple of scripts and they all load and save as they should :)

If you want to see how the script looks you can check one out here; http://pastebin.com/7Hi8UKmL

Last edited:
hey i found some bugs i dont know if you already noticed that
if I set the letter "A" (or any other letter) as a hotkey for anything and disable hotkeys to type a message, if i write any word containing that letter, the action/spell will still be call

let me know if i wasnt clear enough
thanks

hey i found some bugs i dont know if you already noticed that
if I set the letter "A" (or any other letter) as a hotkey for anything and disable hotkeys to type a message, if i write any word containing that letter, the action/spell will still be call

let me know if i wasnt clear enough
thanks

You set a hotkey (the key A? or the value A?)
Then you disable it to type a message
If you write anything containing A the value you set will be executed?

So in other words the disable function is bugged?

Ok ill take a look at it, but how do you disable a hotkey?
Enter the hotkey UI and remove it or?

Only thing I can think of is the "auto send" check box.

// Edit
@Marcelo Druida
Sorry but I can't reproduce it, I added a hotkey that would say "test" to P, tested it - works.
Then I removed that hotkey (P) and pressed P, but nothing happens, there was also nothing in the terminal.

Are you using an old version? Try to update your module files in that case.

Last edited:
sorry that i couldnt be clear enough.
the bug is when you enable chat mode and you type "P" shouldnt say "test"

Im using github version on Ubuntu

sorry that i couldnt be clear enough.
the bug is when you enable chat mode and you type "P" shouldnt say "test"

Im using github version on Ubuntu

Oh so when chat is disabled you can still use "say hotkeys"?
Would you mind checking how they did it with the flash client?
Since the system is pretty much from there.

It's a simple "fix" if it's a bug, just add an if statment to the hotkey module.

// Edit
Fail... forgot that A would act as the right arrow xD

In the file: modules/game_hotkeys/hotkeys_manager.lua
In the function: function doKeyCombo(keyCombo)
Replace:
Code:
            modules.game_console.sendMessage(hotKey.value)

With:
Code:
            modules.game_console.sendHotkeyMessage(hotKey.value)

In the file: modules/game_console/game_console.lua
Above:
Code:
function sendMessage(message, tab)

Add:
Code:
function sendHotkeyMessage(message, tab)
    if consolePanel:getChildById('toggleChat'):isChecked() then
        return
    end
    return sendMessage(message, tab)
end

That will disable all hotkey sent messages, reason to go through another function is because all messages ends up at the sendMessage function.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back