• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My 3D game project, a bit similar to Tibia!

Id be nice if you just managed to port it to a phone as it doesnt look that requiring to need a PC honestly ;p and would probably get more players via mobile :)

I don't cross out that option completely, but I am not a mobile gamer at all, and porting it wouldn't be easy. The interface would have to be rewritten from scratch, the balancing would need to be changed, and optimization would need to be improved even more - none of those are quick changes.

I know that lots of people play on phones, but unless you really have no other devices available, I see no appeal. Most games for phones are shallow timewasters that you can play for 5 minutes while waiting for a bus or sitting on a toilet... I might be biased, but in my eyes it's not a platform for any deep gameplay or quality storytelling. It's also, objectively speaking, not a platform where action games can be played well, because touchscreen is an awful input device, and it's too limited for anything requiring player doing multiple actions at once. Yeah, sure, tons of people play Fortnite there, but it's like playing Starcraft on a steering wheel.

i see your point but lately i found alpha stage game called "ancient reborn" so its like grinding mmorpg in very alpha stage and just looking at amount of players on it i see that servers wouldnt be able to handle a lot either :D about action games another early stage game called armed heist but by playing max payne i can understand what means awkward controls

Back