• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My first sprites TIPS plz

lycefur

Reaction score
scaled.php

These are my first 7 sprites.
I appreciate every helpful tip, how to make them look better, gaif constructive criticism and rate kty.

Last edited:
I wanted them to be jpg cause I wouldn't like some1 to copy/modify them, and jpg makes it harder ^^
Ty for comments and the tip, anyways here are more items (and modified demon/magma set/1 armor from spritepack from otland)

asdasdhy.jpg

Not good at recoloring.. what do you exactly mean? The color on these modified armor sprites are too dark or what? Is it cause the borders are hard to see on dark backgrounds? I wanted them to look dark :p . Ty anyways.

Not good at recoloring.. what do you exactly mean? The color on these modified armor sprites are too dark or what? Is it cause the borders are hard to see on dark backgrounds? I wanted them to look dark :p . Ty anyways.

There is part of the colors that 'shine out'.
You want your colors to fit together, meaning too dark & too bright at same area usually disturbs. Take the demon armor for example :)

I've done that intentionally, I wanted to make that part of armor glow effect :>

Last edited:
Rofl, most of those sprites are cips, just with a color mask on them.

that armor sprite in the picture isn't yours, I've seen it before.
(and modified demon/magma set/1 armor from spritepack from otland)
No shit, sherlock.
Rofl, most of those sprites are cips, just with a color mask on them.

LOLORLY? And what is wrong with recoloring them? As I said these are my first sprites so training coloring/recoloring items will bring me zeh skill, and Im posting the outcome here asking what to improve. You'd better tell me what to improve instead of writing obvious, rude and by the way really silly things.

No shit, sherlock.

LOLORLY? And what is wrong with recoloring them? As I said these are my first sprites so training coloring/recoloring items will bring me zeh skill, and Im posting the outcome here asking what to improve. You'd better tell me what to improve instead of writing obvious, rude and by the way really silly things.

Yea well then you should probably say it isn't yours lol gives people the idea that you made it when you didn't (I'm talking about the red armor in the picture, the cipsoft ones are obvious.)

Nice sprites though. The ones you made :D

I wanted them to be jpg cause I wouldn't like some1 to copy/modify them, and jpg makes it harder ^^
Ty for comments and the tip, anyways here are more items (and modified demon/magma set/1 armor from spritepack from otland)

asdasdhy.jpg

Plz read my post once again carefully, especially (and modified demon/magma set/1 armor from spritepack from otland) :>

Recoloring takes no skill at all, in photoshop you can add a color mask and it'll change the colors automatically.

Recoloring with a tool may take some skill too, you need to work with it some time and add something from yourself optionally in order to get a good looking item...

Those are you first sprites?

taking spritepacks from otland and remaking them?

Sorry, but have to say no.

Back