• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MySQL vs SQLite

What is the best data storage system? sqlite or mysql?

• Total voters
I've been working with MySQL all the times, first time in PHP, so I'm quite used to it, I think it's easy to learn and use, also efficient IMO... :)

MySql Because Its nice for remote controle ;)
Both are running on same Speeds but players saving i would use MySQL
SQL-Lite has its time out to long it can be changed but not manny ppl know how..
but i can work with both but i prefer MySQL

mysql is 1000x better than sqlite when it comes to the TFS versions.

If you got a timering on you, that timering for 2 minutes left, you relog with sqlite - time ring full duration again.

longer saves on sqlite, more crashes on sqlite.

easier to setup an online account page like nicaw and afs-cms with mysql.

But I believe tala's team will figure out something smart for the 0.3 series, think mostly of sqlite bugs are solved then. Also rumours are saying their also working on their own online accpage for every1. Maybe it will work for both sqlite and mysql.

This is a discussion thread, it should remain open.

.. and threads shouldn't be closed because they're being spammed, if you believe that stops spamming then you would end up closing every single thread on the forum, of course that stops spamming but is it really a good solution?

sqlite plex

i used to have a mysql 7. sumthing ots. i liked it alot because of the high scores and how easy it was to adjust anything i might need, on the other hand i hated running xammp all the time and the AAC can add some security issues. ive been using the latest rev of TFS i could find and doing it with SQLite. its a little harder at first but once you get the idea of the tables its alot easier/ effecient. i added ingame highscores and now i have a decent server on a crappy comp, and all it takes to start is one click
SQLITE ROCKs!

Tbh with you guys that having low performance computer and have your own OTservst.

Use SQlite, Xampp + Apache taking cpu/ram!
But then you really need a Sqlite Manager and Firefox.

i hate Sqlite, had it for my war server once, was 100~players.
lagged all time
then i changed to mysql. omg it pwnd :) no laggs

I agree, MySql is better then sqlite. I have a server with more then 70 people and I tested MySql and Sqlite. MySql was more reliable and easier then Sqlite. MySql FTW.

Back